Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't Execute Charged Melee Attack With Some Weapons

VanguardT-EN-

As the title says, some melee categories have the charged melee bugged, either because the stances won't let it happen or it simply doesn't seem to have a charged attack. I'll try to list them all.

Sword and shield:

Final harbinger won't let you do a charged attack, and eleventh storm will only let you do it at a specific part of the E spam combo. You can do it easily without a stance equipped.

Nunchaku:

You can only execute without a stance equipped.

Polearms: 

Same as nunchaku, can only execute without a stance equipped.

Dual swords: 

You can't do it at all, tried with and without stances, it simply won't charge.

Hammers: 

Both stances won't let you execute it, but you can do it easily without one equipped.

And all the other stances that have the E hold mechanic, because you'll either not execute the combo with E hold and do a charged attack, or you'll execute the combo instead of doing a charged attack. My suggestion is to change the E and hold mechanic of combos, leaving it for charged attacks only.

And all the other stances that have the E hold mechanic, because you'll either not execute the combo with E hold and do a charged attack, or you'll execute the combo instead of doing a charged attack. My suggestion is to change the E and hold mechanic of combos, leaving it for charged attacks only.

You can execute charge attacks mid combo... after you skip the charge attack.

Just looking around if anyone else has made a Topic about charge attacks not working on everything, despite what the official patch notes for Update 18.0.0 says (which is all well and fine, bugs can happen).

Only thing to note is with the Sword and Shield stance Final Harbinger, when you hold E, you do throw your shield. I'm not entirely sure though if that's the combo persay or not. I only say that because when I read the combo "E  holdE E E E", I always assumed that after you hit the first E, you hit E again but then hold it down since the word "hold" is directly touching the second E. It's a bit vague for me at least since because the word "hold" being so close to the second one, I originally thought it was implying exactly that.

I'd figure that how it's supposed to read is "E[hold] E E E E", which is alot more self explanatory than the former via what we have now.

Assuming this is the case, then the reason the charge attack isn't working (at least only regarding Final Harbinger), is because the newly added charge attack is overlapping with the combo (well the other way around i.e. the combo is overlapping the charge attack), which I'm guessing that the combo has priority; hence why it's not working when equipping that particular stance.

Though with everything else, for example with the Hammer's stances, it doesn't have any sort of holding E in the combos, so my speculation is out the window. My only other guess it could be is that certain stances that have either "right-click/down/up/hold/pause" in the first slot (E) is pretty much stopping the charge attacks from happening.

I'm surprised I didn't see that many Topics regarding this issue in the Bugs section, but I do hope they have been aware of this, and they'll have it all fixed up real soon!~

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

to do it with final harbinger you have to attack twice to bypass the shield throw and then do the charge attack. works just fine then

I'm in the Simu...errr the practice room (can't remember the name off the top of my head haha), and I'm trying everyway possible but I can't seem to get the charge attack to happen after attacking twice (just hitting E twice then holding, hitting E then holding on the second E, hitting E twice while holding right-click, hitting E twice then pausing, etc).

Nothing seems to work when Final Harbinger is equipped for me.