Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parent Problems

JohnMarkLee

The thing is that less than a third of all parental child abuse ever comes to light, which I believe is mostly due to fear of said parents.

And I don't know how well your family and your neighbors get along, but they should also do at least something when seeing a child (idr know how old you are) cry in the parents car....

I know that most child abuse never comes to the light. I also think that I am not the perfect person to speak to on this topic because I never experienced it myself and neither have close friends of mine (and even if they did I they probably wouldn't talk about it so I wouldn't know). To answer the neighbors thing, I think my family would report it if they saw the neighbors child abused. Especially because my parents don't get along with our neighbors.

Especially because my parents don't get along with our neighbors.

yeah but that should not matter....

though I also cannot really speak about anything I witnessed, I hope anyone who catches child abuse reports it to some greater authorities, so that they can handle the situation....

yeah but that should not matter....

though I also cannot really speak about anything I witnessed, I hope anyone who catches child abuse reports it to some greater authorities, so that they can handle the situation....

Plenty of people reported my mom.  The only thing it did was make us move every few months and sometimes she'd have sex with the case worker.

Oh, and after my brother and I were a certain age, the people doing the reporting were told that we were too old and by the time they could do anything, we'd be legal.  So might as well just wait it out.

The problem with reporting child abuse is that the definition varies not only from state to state, but from case worker to case worker.

Edited by Noamuth

Police forces are already being armed with nunchaku, dont see why civilians cant have them

Could I get a source please?

They call themselves the "Dragon" and wear yellow athletic suits with police badges. Or maybe the Yakuza...or Triad? I really think this is funny because there are far better and more effective weapons than a nunchuck. Deshiel can use his medieval mace and it would do more damage. Oh and also if you are a martial arts practitioner, you can have nunchucks in the dojo or your place of practice.

Sky, can I just ask why do you have such hate for nunchucks?

I want to send hugs to Noamuth. Reading her post was the reason I felt sad in the first place. I did not comment because didn't know what to say. You're a real heroine to me.

They call themselves the "Dragon" and wear yellow athletic suits with police badges. Or maybe the Yakuza...or Triad? I really think this is funny because there are far better and more effective weapons than a nunchuck. Deshiel can use his medieval mace and it would do more damage. Oh and also if you are a martial arts practitioner, you can have nunchucks in the dojo or your place of practice.

Sky, can I just ask why do you have such hate for nunchucks?

I want to send hugs to Noamuth. Reading her post was the reason I felt sad in the first place. I did not comment because didn't know what to say. You're a real heroine to me.

I don't hate them

meh

Believe me. Without discipline by my stepfather. I don't think I would be person what I am now. When I first time saw one of my classmates being a *@##$ and having no self control. I started to value his discipline over me. Heck I would have had been lazy and avoiding doing stuff too if he wouldn't have shown some discipline over me. Sure I didn't like it when I was young but when I saw an example what kind of person I would have became. After that Motto of mine: "Rules shapes us as much as we shape them"

I even said to in my little brothers party of confirmation party (This is Christian religion stuff) Thanks for what you have taught me, sharing his vision on how things must be done and that he had discipline over me even if he wasn't my real father. I now call him one.

The Owwwpeee

Male

Believe me. Without discipline by my stepfather. I don't think I would be person what I am now. When I first time saw one of my classmates being a *@##$ and having no self control. I started to value his discipline over me. Heck I would have had been lazy and avoiding doing stuff too if he wouldn't have shown some discipline over me. Sure I didn't like it when I was young but when I saw an example what kind of person I would have became. After that Motto of mine: "Rules shapes us as much as we shape them"

I even said to in my little brothers party of confirmation party (This is Christian religion stuff) Thanks for what you have taught me, sharing his vision on how things must be done and that he had discipline over me even if he wasn't my real father. I now call him one.

Theres a difference between discipline and unnecessary anger

Could I get a source please?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3291915/Small-California-police-department-use-nunchucks.html

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/10/28/452508572/small-california-town-gives-its-police-nunchucks-as-non-lethal-alternative

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/04/us/california-police-equipment-nunchucks/

Damn.It probably sucks to know the truth.

My grandmother uses different tactics - the case worker for Child Services in my area is a high school basket ball coach.  My Gran taught his daughter's class and when someone called CPS on my sister, Gran took the case worker out to lunch and got him to close the claim before actually going to my sisters.

But, over in the east coast, someone can have their kids taken away just for spending the summer camping.