Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Bare Minimum For Trading.

PhantomRen

Let's be honest here. There are only two uses for a trading system here. Merching, and exchanging spare multishot mods. We all know that DE doesn't want the dangers of a trading system to corrupt Warframe, and I'm fairly certain that everyone here knows the negative impacts of such a feature. But that's not the point.

I'm here to demand the bare minimum of a trading system. All I want is for players to have the ability to trade Multishot mods with each other. I can guarantee you that 30% of a basic trading system with no limits will be exchanging multishot mods and high tier loot, while the other 70% is merching and negative impacts such as real-world trading websites. In my entire career I've acquired two of the three multishots, yet I happen to have spares of the ones I've already acquired. All I ask is that I be given the chance to exchange one of these spares to someone less fortunate, so both players in said transaction can be happy they finally have what they've been looking for. This is how the system should work:

- Multishot can only be traded with similar mods (Barrel Diffusion for Hell's Chamber, etc.)

- Trades can only be done with a 1:1 ratio (My item for your item)

- Trading limit/cooldown (You are allowed one trade per week with a strict 7-day cooldown from the moment you finish a trade)

The reason why I'm bringing this up is because I don't deserve all these spare mods. There's much guilt and frustration for those who have spare multishot mods that they can't use. I want to be an honest joe and help out a friend. With these limitations, there will be no economy involved and it will be a system exclusive to players that have ventured deep into the meta and late-game who need their icing on the cake.

Some of you might say that players won't have anything to look forward to when they get their last multishot. Others may think that multishot would become too common due to the fact that there are players that have several pages of spare multishots. But to be honest, I think this system would be fair, even if there were more harsh limitations to it.

Please, just let me get rid of these spares. I want to make someone happy, not crush their dreams by throwing these rarities in the fire. The reason why trading systems bring terrible things to games is because there aren't any limits. If we keep things strict and basic, everyone will trade things of equal value and be happy with each other.

that is a very.... self-centered way to see it.

YOU only want multishot. YOU think its necessary. YOU are demanding a preference on a system the dev team has clearly stated they dont want in the game.

can YOU envision farming bots? going out and running constant mission to get the mods people want? slowing down the servers and inflation the price of whatever is being offered?

cause i can.

- Multishot can only be traded with similar mods (Barrel Diffusion for Hell's Chamber, etc.)

That's completely silly. What if I have a multishot that some guy has literally never gotten, and he has no similar mods/I want no similar mods. Mods should be tradable for any mod. If I want to trade my Rare 5 FusionCore/ Multishot for a Serration, I should be able to do that.

I, personally, think certain trading can help the game.

However, it's just naturally a double-edged sword.

I do think, however, that if someone has a plethora of things they don't want they should be able to exchange them for something they -do- want. Hence, why I think just a mod recycler would be nice. Have 5 common mods of the same name you hate? Combine them in a something, spend some credits, and get something better (hopefully).

Multishot you say? Try find a Master Thief.

And in next month, a new mythical mod will be the hot thing everyone wants.

Master thief doesn't drop, as shown by the datamining. You can only get it from the phoenix pack, which means stupid founders and p2w players are the only people who can get it.

can YOU envision farming bots? going out and running constant mission to get the mods people want? slowing down the servers and inflation the price of whatever is being offered?

How's that gonna happen if a mod can only be traded for another similar mod? Are you stupid? How can inflation even happen in this case? Or did you maybe just not read the post?

My understanding from the last Livestream was that trading was limited to what you got from the last mission your team did. Is there information anywhere with a more detailed explanation of their planned trading system?

Let's be honest here. There are only two uses for a trading system here. Merching, and exchanging spare multishot mods. We all know that DE doesn't want the dangers of a trading system to corrupt Warframe, and I'm fairly certain that everyone here knows the negative impacts of such a feature. But that's not the point.

I'm here to demand the bare minimum of a trading system. All I want is for players to have the ability to trade Multishot mods with each other. I can guarantee you that 30% of a basic trading system with no limits will be exchanging multishot mods and high tier loot, while the other 70% is merching and negative impacts such as real-world trading websites. In my entire career I've acquired two of the three multishots, yet I happen to have spares of the ones I've already acquired. All I ask is that I be given the chance to exchange one of these spares to someone less fortunate, so both players in said transaction can be happy they finally have what they've been looking for. This is how the system should work:

- Trades can only be done with a 1:1 ratio (My item for your item)

- Trading limit/cooldown (You are allowed one trade per week with a strict 7-day cooldown from the moment you finish a trade)

The reason why I'm bringing this up is because I don't deserve all these spare mods. There's much guilt and frustration for those who have spare multishot mods that they can't use. I want to be an honest joe and help out a friend. With these limitations, there will be no economy involved and it will be a system exclusive to players that have ventured deep into the meta and late-game who need their icing on the cake.

Some of you might say that players won't have anything to look forward to when they get their last multishot. Others may think that multishot would become too common due to the fact that there are players that have several pages of spare multishots. But to be honest, I think this system would be fair, even if there were more harsh limitations to it.

Please, just let me get rid of these spares. I want to make someone happy, not crush their dreams by throwing these rarities in the fire. The reason why trading systems bring terrible things to games is because there aren't any limits. If we keep things strict and basic, everyone will trade things of equal value and be happy with each other.

Some of you might consider this as an insane comparison but Runescape did this exact thing with their trading system back in 2010 and it had an extremely negative feedback from the playerbase (but then again, Warframe doesn't even have a trading system to begin with).This would also mean that the developers have to set a certain value on each and every item which is both time consuming on their part and unreliable as the players most likely will disagree on a lot of the set values.

I personally disagree on the thought of a trading completely at this time but I wouldn't mind seeing it being implemented if there was a nice, fair and 'gold-selling' hindering system in place.

YOU only want multishot. YOU think its necessary. YOU are demanding a preference on a system the dev team has clearly stated they dont want in the game.

cause i can.

if you're only trading multishot mods for other multishot mods, absolutely nothing you said applies. 

Multishot you say? Try find a Master Thief.

And in next month, a new mythical mod will be the hot thing everyone wants.

master thief is not needed for maximum damage, it's just nice for farming more things. and unless multishot mods are somehow nerfed, their desirability isn't going to go down. 

cause i can.

But you can't form an economy or experience the negative impacts of a trading system if it's based on equivalent exchange. DE doesn't want a trading system because of said impacts. However, these things can be remedied with various countermeasures and limitations. Besides, the concept would be worthy of justification if the game's drop system was set to reward players based on their progress, AKA finding better mods in high level areas instead of finding a Flow mod in M Prime. And yes, that's where I got my first Flow mod, as well as a few spares.

There won't be any bots, RWT sites or economics if it's purely based on equivalent exchange. It's not self-centered, it's called high-tier trading. It's in many other games too. This is quite an ironic stamenent, but check out TF2's unusual trading if you want to know what I mean. If there were no economics, it would be a harmless system.

That's completely silly. What if I have a multishot that some guy has literally never gotten, and he has no similar mods/I want no similar mods. Mods should be tradable for any mod. If I want to trade my Rare 5 FusionCore/ Multishot for a Serration, I should be able to do that.

The reason why many trading systems tend to bring negative effects to games is because there are no limitations whatsoever. Trading is free. People can value a rock at the price of a million dollars if they wanted to, regardless if someone would buy it at that price. Due to the lack of boundaries, trading is highly chaotic and players can easily set up and control a market or economy since they have too much power in the matter. If you have the system based around equivalent exchange, there can be absolutely no negative aspects, minimal if anything.

I, personally, think certain trading can help the game.

However, it's just naturally a double-edged sword.

I do think, however, that if someone has a plethora of things they don't want they should be able to exchange them for something they -do- want. Hence, why I think just a mod recycler would be nice. Have 5 common mods of the same name you hate? Combine them in a something, spend some credits, and get something better (hopefully).

A fine alternative, yet it still has one vital flaw: RNG. It would be no different than getting a Multishot from M Prime or Outer Terminus. You can't solve RNG with more RNG. If anything, it would be a mod/credit sink for players that have too many mods they can't use.

cause i can.

Read:

The reason why I'm bringing this up is because I don't deserve all these spare mods. There's much guilt and frustration for those who have spare multishot mods that they can't use. I want to be an honest joe and help out a friend

Read again:

The reason why I'm bringing this up is because I don't deserve all these spare mods. There's much guilt and frustration for those who have spare multishot mods that they can't use. I want to be an honest joe and help out a friend.

Read:

With these limitations, there will be no economy involved and it will be a system exclusive to players that have ventured deep into the meta and late-game who need their icing on the cake.

And for one, they're banning people that cheat. For two, a bot in a first person shooter? Would those bots not require decent equipment to even hope to do missions? And then they'd eventually risk bannage. For once the grind in this game has an advantage for such a system.

And coming back to this: demanding a preference on a system the dev team has clearly stated they dont want in the game.

Read:

We all know that DE doesn't want the dangers of a trading system to corrupt Warframe, and I'm fairly certain that everyone here knows the negative impacts of such a feature.

Also, if you think DE aren't already thinking about a system similar to this, I'll have an edit on with the livestream with them stating they intend on a very similar system that's even more ambitious than this one.

EDIT: Here's your link.

Please, if you're going to give these devs $250 at least support ideas and know what's going on in the game.

Personally, +1 for sure. I have a friend that badly wants split chamber but has spare shotgun multishots, I have 2 spare split chambers.

TL;DR read a post before you defend DE.

Edited by Meepsauce

cause i can.

Except DE has said they plan on adding trading, but it's just not ready, so you're completely wrong.

A fine alternative, yet it still has one vital flaw: RNG. It would be no different than getting a Multishot from M Prime or Outer Terminus. You can't solve RNG with more RNG. If anything, it would be a mod/credit sink for players that have too many mods they can't use.

Would give me something to do with my pistol gambits and hellfires.

Plus they could always use a kind of League of Legends recycling system, where you trade 3 for something of the same level, or 5 for something of a higher level. (for example 3 commons to generate a new common or 5 commons for an uncommon).

This could split up the tables.

And it could be split even further if they have to have the same polarities.

The reason why many trading systems tend to bring negative effects to games is because there are no limitations whatsoever. Trading is free. People can value a rock at the price of a million dollars if they wanted to, regardless if someone would buy it at that price. Due to the lack of boundaries, trading is highly chaotic and players can easily set up and control a market or economy since they have too much power in the matter. If you have the system based around equivalent exchange, there can be absolutely no negative aspects, minimal if anything.

That's the point. Players should control the economy of a game, even if they destroy it. 

cause i can.

Yes because, absolutely no one but the OP would want to trade their duplicate Multishots for another Multishot with a ridiculous drop rate. How would Bots even affect this by trading multishot for multishot? that's stupid as all hell there's no profit to be made there, it's just exchanging a dollar for a Euro. Try thinking about the full effects of a concept before you criticize it.

Reference of mods and alike aside: We are still in beta, chances are that you get what you want before DE comes around to implement trading. Feature your ideas and opinions, demanding is not the way to go as none of us hold any whatsoever power over DE.

EDIT: Oh wait, some of us got "founder" status, though I am not sure if that holds any meaning aside from paying for the construction of the game.

Edited by Kasamoto

That's the point. Players should control the economy of a game, even if they destroy it. 

Trading is and always has been a privilege in video games. If you think otherwise, you're most likely part of the same pool of players that bear malicious intents to exploit and ruin things for the rest of the users.

If the company doesn't control the system and prevent an economy from forming, then RWT sites and farming bots are born and said company loses money when a large portion of players end up funding the websites that sell in-game items instead of tossing their wallets at the company when they truly deserve it. Do you really want all of the money gained from founders to be a waste?

All I'm saying is that the players can be happy and DE can avoid getting harmed (as a company) if we make the system fair for everyone. We get to exchange a few things, and DE can still keep eating. Remember: The players need to eat too. Otherwise we won't be here, now would we?

Reference of mods and alike aside: We are still in beta, chances are that you get what you want before DE comes around to implement trading. Feature your ideas and opinions, demanding is not the way to go as none of us hold any whatsoever power over DE.

EDIT: Oh wait, some of us got "founder" status, though I am not sure if that holds any meaning.

I was about to mention that. There are a lot of entitled players in the world of gaming that think they can rule a game as if they're on some sort of conquest just because they poured a hefty sum of cash in one area. Now I'm not saying that there are people like this in Warframe, but I do believe that the veterans should have a strong voice in the matter. The core fanbase matters more than the cash cow, in my opinion. It used to be loyalty VS money, and the modern gaming industry is all about money these days.

Edited by PhantomRen

cause i can.

Farming bots.

In Warframe.

I have an odd feeling you don't actually do the missions that much. Let alone play the game.

Actually that's being rude and unfair. Explain how bots would work in this game, give a nice solid little rant on how bots would work in this game and I'll eat my socks.

That means how they'll be set up to play the game, how they'll manage to function since most of these missions will probably require multiple bots. Just explain how the hell bots would work in warframe before you start saying how bots will ruin everything.