Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas For Volt Rework

(XBOX)SaberT137

I know he is getting reworked but we don't know how his rework will turn out. So I'm throwing out an idea. Imo only his 1 and 4 need a rework so I thought that the perfect way to fix them and make them scale would be to make them stun and deal damage based on their chains for example if you use shock on a group of courrupted butchers it would chain all of them and deal damage and stun them based on the number of butchers chained by shock. Overload could work the same way except on a larger scale, the only real difference would be the way it chains. The way overload works now can be used except instead of lights and cameras and what have you it would be the enemies keeping the wave going and the enemies would be stunned and take damage based on how long to wave travels. I understand this could be a bit over powered but to stop that another way to do it would be to have shock or overload deal only stun or damage so that it would require the use of both to work properly and would provide you a reason to use shock when you have enough energy to use overload anyway

If you think this idea is great great maybe we can get de to do this if it's not good than put your own ideas in the topic so we might be able to give DE some great ideas to truly make volt the caster frame he was meant to be.

A more concise version of the OP: I think that his 1st and 4th abilities are the only abilities that need to be reworked. My idea is to have stun duration and damage scale based on the amount of enemies affected/chained by the electric damage. Perhaps this could be overpowered, so a way to keep it balanced is to remove the stun or damage from both so that one only does damage and one only stuns.

his 1 and 4? my friend
his old days speed used to buff not only movement and melee but also recharge and shooting speed of everything 

lets not even talk about his shield that now is a joke

his 1st skill is fine but he can't survive only with that

his 4th his skill ?  i remember it was good, really good...  it had everything damage, range, had long duration proc of eletric thus causing stun, but it was so long ago that no one really uses volt for his 4th skill, everybody got used to build around shields and speed but nowadays there's nothing making it worth to use him. 
Besides his 1st skill he really needs a total rework

Volt is my most used warframe on my profile, so i'm really sad that he sucks so much nowadays

Edited by g43riel

Enemies hit by Shock and Overload and become shocked take 50% extra electricity damage and 25% extra corrosive, magnetic and radiation damage for a couple of seconds. Multiplicative bonus.

Speed increases weapon rate of fire, reload, charge, holster and recovering from stagger and knockdown. Basically it speeds up everything.

Edited by Mastikator2

My ideas:
I like to think of Volt as a stunning melee warframe. His speed augment, shocking speed, makes him pretty good for melee. However he will always fall short of Warframes who can do tremendous finisher damage like Valkyr, Banshee, and Excal. I would like Volt to be viable for finishers as well. Afterall, his electricity stuns the enemies, why should we not be able to use finishers on them while they're stunned?

Shock - Volt can charge up Shock by holding the button. An uncharged/unfinished charge will be like the current shock. And Fully charged shock, will do more damage, bounce to more enemies, and allow the first target hit to be open to Finishers. Cause Finishers are more viable late game.

-Affected by Power Strength

Speed - Fine as it is.

Electric Shield - Fine as it is.

Overload - Increase Casting animation (0.5 seconds) and make it duration based. Enemies in the vicinity are stunned, take damage, and are open to Stealth melee multiplies just like Excal's radial blind.

-Affected by Power Strength (affects damage multiplier)

-Affected by Power Duration
-Affected by Power Range (Radius of area of effect)

Edited by KainMurasaki

his 1 and 4? my friend

his old days speed used to buff not only movement and melee but also recharge and shooting speed of everything

lets not even talk about his shield that now is a joke

his 1st skill is fine but he can't survive only with that

his 4th his skill ? i remember it was good, really good... it had everything damage, range, had long duration proc of eletric thus causing stun, but it was so long ago that no one really uses volt for his 4th skill, everybody got used to build around shields and speed but nowadays there's nothing making it worth to use him.

Besides his 1st skill he really needs a total rework

Volt is my most used warframe on my profile, so i'm really sad that he sucks so much nowadays

Yo, don't make such assumptions.

Imo all his skills are fine and don't really need a rework.

I think that overload is the only skill that needs to be changed. 

shock is a quick stun, and does the job well.

speed is very good utility, especially with the augment.

shield is the only shield in the game that relies only on duration, since it has infinite health. it also gives a buff to guns that shoot through it. it's fine as is. 

overload, oh man. it needs either a range buff and finisher opening, or a complete rework, like shooting like an amprex (aka unlimited power) or shooting buffed up shocks.