Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Will A Story Ever Be In Warframe?

DarkFireRogue

Will an actual story based lore exploring campaign like playstyle ever come to Warframe?

I'm just wondering because I think I've pinpointed why all of these complaints are coming in about drop rates. Since the game doesn't have a rich story to focus on, it's a loot based game. That is the end goal, so players get cranky when you make the drop rate low.

Take borderlands for an example. Nobody complains about the borderlands drop rates, and they're insane! The reason is because you have a story to focus on instead of getting better guns, and the guns part, while still being important, just kinda happens instead of needing to be forced.

That's all. I just thought I'd share my thoughts on the matter.

They won't. They said something along the lines of "If we released Warframe around the time CoD came out we would have mimicked them and given a storyline that can't be altered. Warframe gives you some elements and lets you put the rest together."

So, all in all, unless they have a change of heart, I don't think they will.

DISCLAIMER: That was a paraphrased version of something I saw on Youtube. Don't eat me alive for that please.

They won't. They said something along the lines of "If we released Warframe around the time CoD came out we would have mimicked them and given a storyline that can't be altered. Warframe gives you some elements and lets you put the rest together."

So, all in all, unless they have a change of heart, I don't think they will.

DISCLAIMER: That was a paraphrased version of something I saw on Youtube. Don't eat me alive for that please.

Oh. That kinda sucks. At least my question was answered. Thanks.

The story of warframe is told mostly through context and world building.  They have a "lore guy" according to one of their livestreams, so I imagine they will continue to flesh out the background of the wold as they add new environments and update the lotus' phrases.  As others have said, DE doesn't want to do a campaign because they want people to draw up their own stories from the world. 

They talk about it here.

The story of warframe is told mostly through context and world building.  They have a "lore guy" according to one of their livestreams, so I imagine they will continue to flesh out the background of the wold as they add new environments and update the lotus' phrases.  As others have said, DE doesn't want to do a campaign because they want people to draw up their own stories from the world. 

They talk about it here.

The issue there is that DE needs to show more of their world for that type of storytelling to work. Currently Warframe's lore is extremely sparse on the ground.

They've talked about adding lore for months. Specifically data items and recordings that we can find, for one thing. Like in Dead Space.

They're working on something right now... but I haven't checked on it in a while... I'll keep it to myself because I can.

Edited by FatalX7

I'd appreciate you keep talk of that in DC chat. I'm not certain you are even allowed to discuss it here.

Since when are you not allowed to discuss design council threads publicly?

Send me a message of this thread with the policies about design council. Thank you.

Edited by Ratrix

Take borderlands for an example. Nobody complains about the borderlands drop rates, and they're insane!

Not true. The Borderlands forums have had plenty of threads complaining about exactly that. I, and several other people I know, stopped playing BL2 specifically because of the terrible drop rates which made the game feel incredibly grindy.

You're right in that a story helps game longevity, but usually only up until "endgame". Whatever the game, once player advancement starts to feel like a grind some people will lose interest. MMORPGs like WoW, for instance, only survive because of a constant stream of new content and story.

Warframe badly needs more content, I totally agree, but that requires a lot of resources to produce - people, time, money. We'll see if DE are able to pull that off. I hope they do, they've got a good core game, would be nice to see it become something that can provide more than a few weeks of fun.

Since when are you not allowed to discuss design council threads publicly?

Send me a message of this thread with the policies about design council. Thank you.

I'm actually not sure, which is why I asked him not to talk much on it. I haven't said the same about talking about the Warframe Poll because DE mentioned that directly on the last livestream - so if they made that public they must be okay with it being discussed. However they have not divulged information about that other thing publicly, so I'm not aware of what stance I'm supposed to take about it.

I'm actually not sure, which is why I asked him not to talk much on it. I haven't said the same about talking about the Warframe Poll because DE mentioned that directly on the last livestream - so if they made that public they must be okay with it being discussed. However they have not divulged information about that other thing publicly, so I'm not aware of what stance I'm supposed to take about it.

Fair enough. Are any of the policies for design council given when you purchase the founders pack? Are any of those rules listen under there respected thread tab? 

Fair enough. Are any of the policies for design council given when you purchase the founders pack? Are any of those rules listen under there respected thread tab? 

I would imagine they are. I only own a Hunter pack myself - although my Forum account seems to be unable to update to reflect this.

Making it an actual written rule or making us sign something wouldn't even do anything to prevent leaks of info. There are tons of Design Council members, they're all different people and there is simply no way to manage that.

But, like I said, most people just keep quiet anyway.

I would imagine they are. I only own a Hunter pack myself - although my Forum account seems to be unable to update to reflect this.

if you don't get a word from Lady Lotus then ill open some sort of ticket, asking for some information. Thanks

Making it an actual written rule or making us sign something wouldn't even do anything to prevent leaks of info. There are tons of Design Council members, they're all different people and there is simply no way to manage that.

But, like I said, most people just keep quiet anyway.

Cool beans.