The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Managing Multiple Focus Trees

Sines314

Question

So, some people will want to dive in head-first into a Focus tree. But with every node (except for mastery) adding an additional 45s of Cooldown, it seems one could complete a 'focus' build relatively quickly. For example, one person using Zenurik might consider themselves to have a completed Zenurik build once they are able to run max rank Energy Overflow, Void Pulse and Void Pulse Mastery, at around 1,300k mastery. This would only take 17 days of hitting the cap. Extra focus would still come in handy for some situations, but it would be less important than unlocking other focus builds.

And since the lenses aren't super common or cheap, it's not a good idea to just keep switching them around as needed. So how are people who want to level more than one tree handling it?

Planning on only using one kind of lens until the tree is fully unlocked? Spreading lenses widely across weapons and frames for variety?

I've decided I want Zenurik  and Vazarin, with Zenurik being higher priority. In order to fulfil this goal, I've decided to Zenurik lens all my frames (or at least my more favorite ones, anyway) and Vazarin the weapons. Since I have more regularly used weapons than frames, and because pure frame kills don't give the weapons focus, this means I do get a mix of Zenurik and Vazarin, but with a greater focus on Zenurik. It's slower than just diving into Zenurik headfirst, but it's going to prevent me from looking at my completed Zenurik build and have to choose between trashing some Zenurik lenses for Vazarin, or just gathering a bunch of focus points I'm not all that interested in.

5 answers to this question

So, some people will want to dive in head-first into a Focus tree. But with every node (except for mastery) adding an additional 45s of Cooldown, it seems one could complete a 'focus' build relatively quickly. For example, one person using Zenurik might consider themselves to have a completed Zenurik build once they are able to run max rank Energy Overflow, Void Pulse and Void Pulse Mastery, at around 1,300k mastery. This would only take 17 days of hitting the cap. Extra focus would still come in handy for some situations, but it would be less important than unlocking other focus builds.

And since the lenses aren't super common or cheap, it's not a good idea to just keep switching them around as needed. So how are people who want to level more than one tree handling it?

Planning on only using one kind of lens until the tree is fully unlocked? Spreading lenses widely across weapons and frames for variety?

I've decided I want Zenurik  and Vazarin, with Zenurik being higher priority. In order to fulfil this goal, I've decided to Zenurik lens all my frames (or at least my more favorite ones, anyway) and Vazarin the weapons. Since I have more regularly used weapons than frames, and because pure frame kills don't give the weapons focus, this means I do get a mix of Zenurik and Vazarin, but with a greater focus on Zenurik. It's slower than just diving into Zenurik headfirst, but it's going to prevent me from looking at my completed Zenurik build and have to choose between trashing some Zenurik lenses for Vazarin, or just gathering a bunch of focus points I'm not all that interested in.

Lenses are actually super cheap now thanks to DE. I rank 2 trees now, if I managed to max them I'll max another 2. I keep it this simple.

I have 3 lenses, one on vaykor hek, one on ember prime (both are naramon) and a vazarin lens on ash prime.

Edited by Dobermann92

I threw a Lens on my most-used Warframe, Primary, and Melee, then another lens on my 2nd and 3rd most-used Warframes to round out the five. from the passive Focus Gain I get from just running those bits of gear I've been gradually making my way through the Focus trees

i think i'll commit entirely for Zenurik for the time being, till i unlock and max everything, then see what is kind a good and what is garbage tier (i'm looking at u Systemic Override), hopefully when i'm done system will look a lot better than it currently is.