The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Gameplay, Simplified?

ThorienKELL

Question

When saryn got rework I've read a lot about new skill combos and what people discovered, liked, hated etc ...

I've read some guides where guys first castes molt then multiple spores on it then spread spores (how?) then miasma, which seems complicated and nice way to kill yourself with frame that is not so tough any more. Later, luckily some guys simplified the procedure. 

Now time has come to dust off my old saryn and re visit her again. My plan: my viral ignis with 100%+ toxin chance then miasma on whatever survives. Plain and simple. 

I've heard you can actually restore energy with 1 + 3 + melee, I guess that could help sometimes.

3 is solid if you plan to melee - I mostly don't, 2 is always good, decoys are good when hard pressed. 

1 is I guess good if you're using non toxic weapon, can it be further upgraded somehow to dual proc toxin and viral, adding 200% damage multiplayer to ult?

For now I've devised 2 builds, both are actually quite similar, one focuses on damage more, other on range

A(damage) has 520x3s damage in 3 sec 28,5m range

and B(range) has 420x3 of damage in 3,5 sec on 32,2 m range

(It seems that A build is better imo)

So do you have any tips and tricks how to play saryn in simplest way and when /how to use her powers? Any advise would be welcome. 

My ignis

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/579074999582769130/D62A85459AF4B38A5F18129CCCFABC64985D6F97/

Poor ammo efficiency but had no choice due to polarities

Damage build

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/579074999582770594/4A1F1AE4FBBDB5F0F2801A244B37D903AA87E74A/

Range build

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/579074999582814250/4BB4586613BD43464BFDDA9B0E33FDD72190B676/

Imo she simply needs massive range to shine, just like ember. Any advise of how to perfect the build would be welcome. It's painfully obvious build need 1 forma asap, which will i do tonight, 

In my current testing she is still powerful nuker, don't get it why so many players abandoned it.

Edited by ThorienKELL

14 answers to this question

When saryn got rework I've read a lot about new skill combos and what people discovered, liked, hated etc ...

I've read some guides where guys first castes molt then multiple spores on it then spread spores (how?) then miasma, which seems complicated and nice way to kill yourself with frame that is not so tough any more. Later, luckily some guys simplified the procedure. 

Now time has come to dust off my old saryn and re visit her again. My plan: my viral ignis with 100%+ toxin chance then miasma on whatever survives. Plain and simple. 

I've heard you can actually restore energy with 1 + 3 + melee, I guess that could help sometimes.

3 is solid if you plan to melee - I mostly don't, 2 is always good, decoys are good when hard pressed. 

1 is I guess good if you're using non toxic weapon, can it be further upgraded somehow to dual proc toxin and viral, adding 200% damage multiplayer to ult?

For now I've devised 2 builds, both are actually quite similar, one focuses on damage more, other on range

A(damage) has 1,6K damage in 3 sec 28,5m range

and B(range) has 1,5K of damage in 3,5 sec on 32,2 m range

So do you have any tips and tricks how to play saryn in simplest way and when /how to use her powers? Any advise would be welcome. 

My ignis

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/579074999582769130/D62A85459AF4B38A5F18129CCCFABC64985D6F97/

Poor ammo efficiency but had no choice due to polarities

Damage build

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/579074999582770594/4A1F1AE4FBBDB5F0F2801A244B37D903AA87E74A/

Range build

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/579074999582771519/C5C723512B8A98BC311BC0A1F9E5878545E41E7D/

Imo she simply needs massive range to shine, just like ember. Any advise of how to perfect the build would be welcome. It's painfully obvious build need 1 forma asap, which will i do tonight, 

In my current testing she is still powerful nuker, don't get it why so many players abandoned it.

just gonna leave this here>https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/556381-feedback-megathread-saryn-revisited/

This should tell you in 120 pages why many have abandoned her. 

Tested this build last night on lvl 70 enemies ... eh didn't went all that well. 

I know other ult's don't scale that well too, and I'm not even sure if old saryn was up to the the task (haven't had simulacrum key back then)

DE seems to balance their frame powers by solar system map content. 

The theory build of viral/toxin won't work, at least on an Ignis - You need toxin to create viral. But, maybe your theory build will work on the Phage. It's got innate viral as it's base damage anyway.

I prefer to run stuff like shotguns and long reach melee weapons, such as Orthos P, or Tonbo with Saryn, so that I can choose what style I want to play in the heat of the moment. But for fun, I'll try and Ankyros/Toxic Lash setup. Face punching spree while spreading the sickness.

My plan: my viral ignis with 100%+ toxin chance 

This makes absolutely no sense on the very face of it. Not only can you not have toxin and viral on the same non-viral weapon, you can't have 100% status chance per tick on any continuous weapon (or at least nothing reaches it so far).

I'm not surprised it didn't go well.

Keep it simple - casting Molt before Miasma detonates the Molt FIRST, causing Toxin procs on enemies. So all you need to do is spread Viral beforehand, which is easily done with Spore but could, I suppose, be done with a Viral-proc AoE weapon (Red Veil AoE would work well).

Actually quanta vandal and a few other continuous weapons can reach over 100% status per tick.

You would need to slot in almost every status and fire rate mod known to man to so though, sacrificing damage and other utility mods.

For spreading procs in preparation for miasma nuking: spore is probably the easiest way.

It works well with range mods (which you already should have on a miasma build) and can spread toxin procs around as well.

A status gas ignis is my go to weapon for spreading spores around. The gas procs spread toxin dots that spread more when spores are popped.

If you don't feel like casting any spores at all you can use a viral/gas phage with dual stat mods. I tested it out after her rework and personally find it a bit less effective then the combo of ignis + spores, but this method costs no energy at all (save for the energy spent casting miasma).

So what are you saying is ...

You need both toxin /viral proc before miasma to make it effective? Not just one?

Because my ingis has 104% proc rate per second and 70% of viral ratio to heat.

So molt procs toxin and spores viral, if i cast spores on molt, and then detonate them with miasma, you are saying that both procs will occur before actual explosion thus guaranteeing 300% bonus? Oh .. molt has only 10m of range, making true triple bonus only 2/3 effective.

So, gas is spreading toxin, improving toxin range of molt?

So you can actually make dual toxin/viral weapon ... interesting.

What do you think about torrid instead of phage?

Sry for being annoying with so many noobish questions btw :) Ty for your help guys.

Paint it orange and silver.

Rename her "The Freeman"

Take melee weapon only (crowbar)

Destroy Infested

Placing Molt is kind of a learning curve. Also when to drop the venom on enemies. It's most efficient when you get a nice conga line of enemies so the popped spores spread nicely all over the enemy population. Use your mobility and marvel at the curves of "the Freeman" in between melee strikes.

Actually quanta vandal and a few other continuous weapons can reach over 100% status per tick.

100% status per tick is 1000% status per second. I seriously doubt it's attainable. You could probably get 100% on the later ticks (303% status/sec) but not the first tick.

So molt procs toxin and spores viral, if i cast spores on molt, and then detonate them with miasma, you are saying that both procs will occur before actual explosion thus guaranteeing 300% bonus? Oh .. molt has only 10m of range, making true triple bonus only 2/3 effective.

Yeah - although the Spores will spread from a detonated Molt at their spread range of ~16 meters (times range) so it's not too bad. The toxin is limited to Molts 10m range as you said.

A Gas Proc Ignis with lots of status would be nearly ideal for spreading/popping spores; cast the spores on the enemies and do some spreading in prep for the Molt+Miasma nuke.

100% status per tick is 1000% status per second. I seriously doubt it's attainable. You could probably get 100% on the later ticks (303% status/sec) but not the first tick.

Ah my mistake, I meant to say status per second. Yeah I'm pretty sure 100% per tick is unreachable with current continuous weapons.

To OP: a gas ignis used on an enemy under the effect of spores can proc gas, which gives enemies in a small radius (about 1 or 2 meters) a toxin proc. Popping spores spreads the spores along with any toxin and viral procs the enemy is affected by at the time, this quickly spreads both these effects to the all enemies in range of the spore spread. If you're a melee kind of person, toxic lash always procs toxin and pops spores, so that is effective too for getting the miasma setup for triple damage.

The toxin procs from a gas ignis can tick for about 100 to 400 damage per tick (depending on your build and enemy resistances) to really add up to the total damage being dealt.

About the dual toxin and viral on a weapon:

The weapon needs to have viral as its base damage already to prevent the toxin mods from simply combining with the viral damage, so as of right now only the phage can get this elemental combo.

Edited by PAX_NL

Viral procs do not stack; subsequent Viral procs reset the duration of the effect.

hmm seems so.. but I did used it to kill off grineer defense sortie a few days ago, with my atomos dealing only 1000+ damage to those level 110 grineers.. and they died.. So I thought they stacked.

I killed most of them , so that rules out the grineers dying coz of my teammates killing them.