The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemy Elemental Weakness?

(XBOX)The Pixel Karma

Question

Hi there,

I've never really gave it much thought about combining elements to use as an advantage against different enemies, despite putting hundreds of hours into warframe on both xbox and PC. But I have decidedly recently to get more into it as I can see when I'm doing high level void missions people are blowing my damage output out of the water...

So, what are the best elements to use again Grineer, Corpus, infested and void?

Thanks in advance

9 answers to this question

Grineer

Corrosive is highly effective against Ferrite armor (and the proc is effective against all armor)

Radiation is highly effective against Alloy armor

Viral is effective when armor is removed (4x CP aura)

[use Corrosive with high proc weapons, Rad+Viral with lower proc chances. Viral+Fire when armor is stripped]

Corpus

Magnetic is highly effective against shields

Toxin bypasses shields and is effective against Crewmen and Anti-Moas

Radiation is effective against armored robotic bosses

[use Magnetic and Toxin]

Infested

Corrosive is very effective against Heavy Infested units, and enemies buffed by Swarm Mutalist Moas

Blast is effective against Heavy Infested, and has a knockdown proc

Gas is effective against light infested (not a priority, imo)

Fire has small bonuses to light Infested

[use Corrosive+Blast. If you can't fit 4 mods use Corrosive+Fire for damage, or Blast+Elec for CC procs]

Void

Corrosive is effective against Gunners and Ancients (and has an anti-armor proc)

Radiation is effective against Bombards, but is terrible against Ancients

Viral is effective when armor is removed

Cold is moderately effective against shields and Lancers, with a tiny boost against Bombards

Toxin is moderately effective against Crewmen, with a tiny boost against Gunners

[Corrosive + Cold is the ideal combo against armor; if Bombards are a large threat to you use Rad+Toxin instead. When stripping armor, use Viral (maybe add some Fire)]

Hi there,

I've never really gave it much thought about combining elements to use as an advantage against different enemies, despite putting hundreds of hours into warframe on both xbox and PC. But I have decidedly recently to get more into it as I can see when I'm doing high level void missions people are blowing my damage output out of the water...

So, what are the best elements to use again Grineer, Corpus, infested and void?

Thanks in advance

From my website of my clan.

Things are based on gaming experience from many players.

We all agreed that double elemental combo's aren't that effective.  1 Elemental combination + 1 standalone elemental are more effective, so said by my clan agents.

So here's the stuff.

(Yes I used the code block here as it will mark the most important stuff)

My clan agents recommend you to use the highest damage possible on an elemental combination instead of the standalone elementals, except for some factions. For the factions.Grineer:Radiation + Toxin  | Aim for higher Radiation Corpus:Magnetic + Toxin   |  Aim for higher magnetic than toxin, why?   |  Toxin damage will do, but shield increased and decreases damage by 2-5%. this will be fine against low levels but it will get harder on higher levels. Infested:Corrosive + Heat  | Aim for higher Heat Void(Tower I & Tower II):Corrosive + Cold  | Try to balance these two elementals out Void(Tower III & Tower IV):Radiation + Viral  | Aim for higher Radiation Conclave:Radiation + Toxin / Magnetic + Toxin  |   Radiation is the weakness of the most warframes that are able to tank.  |  Magnetic will most likely deplete your enemies their shield, if not toxin will do the rest. |  Toxin is overal very effective against Tenno. 
Edited by SigweardStoneFist