Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Starwars The Force Awakens [Spoilers]

Luxylol

There were a few plotholes though. If people can hyperspace into close proximity of a planet, why not send TIE bombers to bomb key Republic targets instead of something as expensive as a Starkiller (gravity wells aside)?

Since when are TIE fighters two-seaters?

Where are the TIE interceptors?

How come no one recognized the incomplete map? It's like a puzzle piece, you can at least make a guess since it wasn't as though it was completely blank. Just look at what's fimiliar and fill out the rest.

TIE fighters don't have a hyperdrive.  That much at least you should have been able to figure out from the very first Star Wars movie: "No, it's a short-range fighter."

Apparently, TIE fighters have always been two-seaters (with the exception of Vader's personal model, of course).  Or maybe they've redesigned them.  Either way, it's news to us too.

The TIE Interceptors were Expanded Universe (again with the exception of Vader's model) and are thus non-canon.

They covered that in the movie, but maybe you missed it.  "It doesn't match any known star system." - See Threepio.  They don't recognize anything on the map.

TIE fighters don't have a hyperdrive. That much at least you should have been able to figure out from the very first Star Wars movie: "No, it's a short-range fighter."

Apparently, TIE fighters have always been two-seaters (with the exception of Vader's personal model, of course). Or maybe they've redesigned them. Either way, it's news to us too.

The TIE Interceptors were Expanded Universe (again with the exception of Vader's model) and are thus non-canon.

They covered that in the movie, but maybe you missed it. "It doesn't match any known star system." - See Threepio. They don't recognize anything on the map.

Also, dont forget, that piece bb8 had was the ONLY piece the resistance had. R2D2 was deactivated at the time who had the rest.

Fifth, the all important leader, the 'Snouk' guy. Really? A giant?

I took it as he was just big and impressive because hologram (he wasn't actually "in" the movie outside of being holo-projected. I know, I didn't catch it at first due to that random jump in holo tech that made people look actually there instead of just blue and line-y).

Also, three pages of this and nobody want's to bring up the John Prodman storm trooper? I mean, we are all in a forum for warframe right? I couldn't have been the only person to see that guy and go "John?"

TIE fighters don't have a hyperdrive. That much at least you should have been able to figure out from the very first Star Wars movie: "No, it's a short-range fighter."

Apparently, TIE fighters have always been two-seaters (with the exception of Vader's personal model, of course). Or maybe they've redesigned them. Either way, it's news to us too.

They covered that in the movie, but maybe you missed it. "It doesn't match any known star system." - See Threepio. They don't recognize anything on the map.

The TIE interceptor is canon. They appear in ROTJ and they are in every Star Wars Game ever made that involves the Empire...

I took it as he was just big and impressive because hologram (he wasn't actually "in" the movie outside of being holo-projected. I know, I didn't catch it at first due to that random jump in holo tech that made people look actually there instead of just blue and line-y).

Also, three pages of this and nobody want's to bring up the John Prodman storm trooper? I mean, we are all in a forum for warframe right? I couldn't have been the only person to see that guy and go "John?"

Even so, still I found him rather unfitting and fantasy-esque. Reminded some people I spoke to of Voldemort.

Another thing, referring to my point about small changes such as Rogue Squadron, why did C3P0 have a red arm? Still think something like copyright has caused that as it was entirely random.

Even so, still I found him rather unfitting and fantasy-esque. Reminded some people I spoke to of Voldemort.

Another thing, referring to my point about small changes such as Rogue Squadron, why did C3P0 have a red arm? Still think something like copyright has caused that as it was entirely random.

I'll give yah that, guy looked goofy. I kind of just assume the C3P0 thing was probably covered in one of the books or something - or it was just a sly way of implying that someone lost a hand without actually lopping off hands. I preferred to think of him as MGS5-edition, but I got no answers on that one.

Sword Art Online, if I don't misremember.

It's a very decent anime, and the Force Awakens is not a show so..

Being filled with stereotypes clumped into a single listing, I may not disagree.

Force Awakens though does have some very biased backgrounds:

When Kylo Ren (Ben Solo) follows the footsteps of Darth Vader (his grandfather) just because it struck his fancy, yet it was already known that Vader renounced himself to the Jedi after seeing his son being literally shocked alive by a well-known Sith Lord.

Y'know I didn't really think about this but...hm. What do you guys make of it:

Exaggerations, omissions and understatements to make an argument seem valid.

When Kylo Ren (Ben Solo) follows the footsteps of Darth Vader (his grandfather) just because it struck his fancy, yet it was already known that Vader renounced himself to the Jedi after seeing his son being literally shocked alive by a well-known Sith Lord.

I may be wrong but did Luke ever tell others about how Vader turned good at the very last moment? Yes he was his father, that much is known, but I don't recall the knowledge of what exactly happened going public. Luke did bury him in solitude and all.

So if he didn't, Ben could have been easily manipulated by Snoke in so many ways.

Edited by Artarrwen

I may be wrong but did Luke ever tell others about how Vader turned good at the very last moment? Yes he was his father, that much is known, but I don't recall the knowledge of what exactly happened going public. Luke did bury him in solitude and all.

So if he didn't, Ben could have been easily manipulated by Snoke in so many ways.

Actually, you are right on how the logic takes place, but problem is Luke is too shy to even say something that so simple to his own nephew in order to avert Ben from killing his own father.