Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo: Another (Stealth) Nerf Or Bug? Plus Suggestions

Tendou_Souji

My Complaint

So, playing some void missions with a friend, I was running around in the rift to get to the next point.  As usual, I wasn't minding the small things like Ice Floors or lasers, until...I find that void laser traps and Death Orbs can now HARM you in the Rift.  This was an included feature for Limbo a few hotfixes after his release, and now suddenly, it's gone.

Please, tell me, DE, that this is just a that came in with the recent hotfixes.  That this was not yet another nerf (a stealth nerf at that) that you decided to add in the last minute with Limbo's current position.  in his current state as the SECOND least used frame upon the community, it is not wise, nor productive to his replay value if you keep giving him more penalties than there are benefits being in the rift; the rift is meant to be his own personal playground where he can escape from the physical plane.  Certain types of terminals have been made inaccessible to him while in the rift, and I mean only certain ones while life support capsules and some lockers can still be interacted with.  This is a big no-no especially for a frame so squishy out of the rift.  Without a stealth pet, hacking is a nail biting experience when under fire by waves of enemies.

My Suggestions

Due to the lack of activity in the Limbo Megathread, I've decided to bring these suggestions to a more public subforum.

Instead of some nerfs to an already unpopular frame, why not spice him up a bit?   Give players more of a reason to have him in a squad; over 70% of the time, no one wants to be Banished to the rift without having to pause for 2 minutes and explain the pros and cons just to get consent.  Give players more of a reason to want to be banished other than an energy regeneration and invulnerability to *most* outside forces.  Almost no one makes the connection that their powers can still affect others regardless of their plane of existence.  

This has probably been said before by the few Limbo fans still out there, but Rift Surge as an ability should be something that's already available to Limbo upon entering Rift Walk.  Either replace it with something different, or spread the effect to the entire team.

Banishing enemies to the rift already has a knockdown effect, so why doesn't Cataclysm have the same effect or something more useful?  Most of the time, the casting of Cataclysm is something that requires accurate calculation, otherwise, you risk getting a shower of bullets to your face.  Give Cataclysm a bit more crowd control, either the same knockdown effect as Banish, or a stun effect upon entry.  Maybe seeing a bunch of figures engulfed in white ghostly flames would intimidate or confuse, causing them to attack each-other?  Something similar to a radiation proc.

I want to like Limbo, but his skills are so situation-based, and heavily rely on teammates knowledge about him.

The only mission he will shine is Rescue mission :(

I bring Limbo to Spy missions quite frequently as well; rift walking makes lasers passable without triggering alarms. ^^

I want to like Limbo, but his skills are so situation-based, and heavily rely on teammates knowledge about him.

The only mission he will shine is Rescue mission :(

Survive ! believe me limbo is master in the art of not dying at all.

Edited by trunks013