Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It Would've Been Cheaper To Make Just Another Wow-Ripoff

Spoof310

I stopped playing WoW four years ago and I've been playing Warframe for the last two.

So maybe that might have something to do with it.

This game's great. The problem is you

If you don't like it, the easiest solution - far easier than whining on the forums - is to stop playing and go play something else.

But that would involve not flaming about the game on the forums to a community that actually likes it.

I came from ME3, which was both equally caster and shooter friendly.

But I dare say WF actually does the shooting part better, because I don't need to be chained to chest high walls to shoot accurately.

And WF is one of the few games where you can shoot a bow while flying through the air. 

Not many games boast that.

Even Ninja Gaiden which is where most of the parkour is inspired from like leaping between walls to go up or down, air slash or wall attack, which is basically the flying swallow, minus the range since DE nerfed copter and air directional, air ground slam attack again from Ninja Gaiden. So movement is still there.

As for your request to rebalance 90% of the weapons to sidegrades, that is just silly.

You are in fact encouraging for people to use nothing but the top 10%. 

This is bad and you should feel bad for that.

If you want sidegrades to everything, better make everything a sidegrade then that is truth fairness.

But sounds boring no ?

If you go the 90% sidegrade route, people will just not bother to forma or tater the normal weapons/frames because they know that a vandal/wraith/Mara/syndicate etc variant will be better. They just wait for it.

Damage mods ? DE already mentioned they are looking into removing Serration and co.

So it is probably not too far off.

But I guess I will stop here, because you sound that you have a really toxic experience with WF.

If you had such a toxic experience, I would usually recommend people to drop it and go.

Edited by fatpig84

I stopped playing WoW four years ago and I've been playing Warframe for the last two.

So maybe that might have something to do with it.

This game's great. The problem is you.

If you don't like it, the easiest solution - far easier than whining on the forums - is to stop playing and go play something else.

If everyone doesn't like it then the game will shut down. If there is something to change that'll make everyone happy then DE should do it. That's the point of player feedback.

Looks like someone never saw warframes web page... https://warframe.com/game

Ok what can u see there? WARFRAME IS A FK**ING ---> ACTION <--- GAME NOT A SHOOTER YOU IDI***OT

Why do you thing there are even melee stances or frame abilities? If this was a shooter then why dont we have an ammo supplier frame?

This game is not focused on shooting, this is focused on you playing a role but not similar to Wow eighter.

Those are games completely different u cant compare them. Warframe is a unique original game that still needs loads of new content because ITS STILL ON BETA

Many things will change in the future, snipers already did (not totally they need more tweaks) so why dont u think other shooting or grinding rates or techniques will?

Just play the game and farm otherwise unistall it and PLAY BATTLEFIELD, there you dont need to farm, and that IS A FK**ING SHOOTER

Edited by Marquitos180

Apart from all the silly ranting by OP (not enough gore? are you friggin' serious? we cut mobs in halves all the time), there is actually one thing where he has a point: Warframe really is pretty much about nothing but playing the game for the sake of playing it.

Singleplayer games have a campaign with set goals that you try to achieve. In some games (the good ones) the game world changes due to your actions. Of course, when you've reached all the goals and experienced all of the story, the game ends.

Multiplayer PvP games like Battlefield or CS:GO are being played for the sake of winning matches, while some of these games, like EVE Online or Planetside 2, also give you a consistent universe where you fight over territory control.

But Multiplayer PvE games? There are a lot of games where your central motivation is to level up and collect stuff, WoW, Diablo 3, Borderlands 2, you name it. After you've reached the highest level, beat all the bosses and collected all the badass loot, there's basically nothing left to do except to play the game for the sake of playing the game. This is by no means just a problem of Warframe. So some games try to work around this. MMOs like WoW and Guild Wars 2 give you huge worlds to explore, to which they add with every expansion. And they have big events that have an actual effect on the game world. There's something happening in these games.

And this is what Warframe needs, too. A consistent universe that changes, upon which the actions of the players have real effects, where you have actual goals other than just leveling weapon x or farming warframe y. Admittedly that would require a HUGE amount of work by the Devs, but I think it's the direction into which the game should be going. Baby steps have already been taken.

Apart from all the silly ranting by OP (not enough gore? are you friggin' serious? we cut mobs in halves all the time), there is actually one thing where he has a point: Warframe really is pretty much about nothing but playing the game for the sake of playing it.

Singleplayer games have a campaign with set goals that you try to achieve. In some games (the good ones) the game world changes due to your actions. Of course, when you've reached all the goals and experienced all of the story, the game ends.

Multiplayer PvP games like Battlefield or CS:GO are being played for the sake of winning matches, while some of these games, like EVE Online or Planetside 2, also give you a consistent universe where you fight over territory control.

But Multiplayer PvE games? There are a lot of games where your central motivation is to level up and collect stuff, WoW, Diablo 3, Borderlands 2, you name it. After you've reached the highest level, beat all the bosses and collected all the badass loot, there's basically nothing left to do except to play the game for the sake of playing the game. This is by no means just a problem of Warframe. So some games try to work around this. MMOs like WoW and Guild Wars 2 give you huge worlds to explore, to which they add with every expansion. And they have big events that have an actual effect on the game world. There's something happening in these games.

And this is what Warframe needs, too. A consistent universe that changes, upon which the actions of the players have real effects, where you have actual goals other than just leveling weapon x or farming warframe y. Admittedly that would require a HUGE amount of work by the Devs, but I think it's the direction into which the game should be going. Baby steps have already been taken.

That is how successful games are made.

When people play Borderlands and Diablo, what are they doing it for ?

Just nothing but loot and to level up.

That's it.

DE has added the new focus system so people will keep leveling.

-snip-

for example the lack of gore even though tenno have neither regret about, nor problems with dismembering their enemies (the first boss, according to the lore, was cut in half)

-snip-

You DO know that gore is a toggled function in your settings, right?

Some people, man.

Oh really? Because I looked through the steam store.

And the warframe site.

I saw no mention of beta or early access anywhere.

So if it IS [in beta],  they must be hidding pretty well.

The game is actually somewhere between Alpha and Beta if you're going on technicalities.

All the development is done in-house (the definition of Alpha), and new content is still being added.  They are getting QA testing out-of-house (the definition of Beta) from us, the players.  And besides that, it's not finished.  The devs don't consider the game to be finished, so that's that.  Still in at least Beta because it isn't done being built.

You don't make the game better by taking something from other one. You build it yourself and that... Is what Warframe has come to. I expect Steve to think this just like I do.

Besides remember. Game's might even reflect their makers. So do remember that not all are so in to WoW kind of games. While yes I can say that both Warframe and WoW are just as slow when compared to each other but just like WoW, Warframe took different kind of way to approach and how to get things done.