Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Normal Lense Vs Regular Lense

marvernik

Question

6 answers to this question

The thing is that you have to use the weapons / frame to get points.

So it would be better to put a greater lens on something that you will use alot (as possible a warframe).

If you put a lens on ember / a rifle / a gun, you will have to kill with ember to get the focus from this lens, with the rifle to get the focus from that second lens, with the gun to get the focus on that other lens.

So yeah, for me a greater lens is better.

But think that this system is under development and it may change (like xp sharing between player/weapons/warframe).

:)

Edited by clemza

Some things to consider..

When using a lens on a frame, 100% of the affinity earned is converted to focus xp.

When using a lens on a weapon, 50% of the affinity earned is convereted to focus xp (becuase the other 50% affinty goes to the frame).

Greater focus lens converts twice as much affinity into focus xp than a normal lens. 

This means if you only put one lens on one item, you are stuck spamming that item the whole mission if your goal is to earn affinity.  

But  if you put a lens on frame and all 3 weapons, then you would be free to earn focus no matter what weapon or power you used.  

So the choice is yours.  Do you want to be a spammer with the same power or weaopn for 20+ minutes or be able to swap weapons and power usage as situations permit.  

Also there is something else I'm curious about with focus conversion but I need to test it first...wil edit this post if I find anything ineteresting.

Edited by Krymanol

Smaller lenses are better then greater. Why? Because they cost 4x less, have 75% of efficiency ans will prevent you in being forced to use just one frame.

Normal lense gets you 5% of your affinity while greater lense increases that number to whooping 7%. 

In short, when you have installed lenses in all of your favorite DPS frames, then you maybe can swap them with greater lenses, if you have extra plat.