Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Need More Warframe Slots!

lol991don

So instead of buying, say, a color scheme or a skin, i should buy slots just to be able to grind and not sell the stuff that i worked hard for? Top logic here.

You shouldn't need to buy a color scheme anyway they give you enough colors in the free column

Two slots as "starter kit" is quite fair, I would prefer a slot cost reduction instead, maybe 10 Platinum or - let's say - 250.000 Credits each additional space.

Two character slots is quite fair in an F2P MMO with 6 character classes. There's more than a dozen warframes in this game.

Granted you can buy another two right off the bat, but still. Warframes and weapons are one of the major incentives to keep playing this game. Devs are cutting themselves short by de-incentivizing the players to level stuff up.

Underaged people play worse games than this, and this game is for free on the internet, so easier to access, and don't insult me by saying ''I should speak to your daddy about this....ohh yes.'' I'm not a kid and you should really think about what you post.

I shouldn't have to think about what I post. And me saying it's wrong for underage to play a game that promotes violence and killing with blood and gore is a correct statement. Nothing to think about before I post that, understood? If you're against this comment, then you have issues.

If you're not a kid, stop sounding like one and being in favor of them that it should be allowable for them to play such games with bad content, all for free. Poor parenting indeed. Do you ever wonder why kids resort to violence at a young age? Might as well add some adult content in Warframe, kids can see it all here. I still think I should speak to your daddy, he'll prolly give you his credit card.

I shouldn't have to think about what I post. And me saying it's wrong for underage to play a game that promotes violence and killing with blood and gore is a correct statement. Nothing to think about before I post that, understood? If you're against this comment, then you have issues.

If you're not a kid, stop sounding like one and being in favor of them that it should be allowable for them to play such games with bad content, all for free. Poor parenting indeed. Do you ever wonder why kids resort to violence at a young age? Might as well add some adult content in Warframe, kids can see it all here. I still think I should speak to your daddy, he'll prolly give you his credit card.

This has NOTHING to do with the topic at hand, so this is all I will say to this before I hope you go away before the thread gets locked.

Video games, however violent, does not promote violence in the kids OR adults that play them. They get that from being mentally disturbed, being bullied, bad parenting or other things. This is a proven fact. Check it out yourself, and stop lying to everyone else just because you are misinformed. No, don't bother arguing. I won't entertain you just because your opinion of a fact is a wrong one.

Edited by Tarudizer

So instead of buying, say, a color scheme or a skin, i should buy slots just to be able to grind and not sell the stuff that i worked hard for? Top logic here.

Yeah. And just because people cant pay/dont want to pay, I have to screw my business with making every last thing obtainable.

Top logic as well....

Slots will most likely come with mastery. Slots for progression. Thats a good thing in my op.

They have to make money some how.

The game isn't really popular nor are they meaningful enough for the game to survive on colours and cosmetics alone.

So, paying customers get more character slots.

It's a pretty standard thing, the usual way around this in games is just to make another account, which you're perfectly allowed to do on Warframe.

Or you can just sell warframes. You can only play one at a time, and realistically speaking, if you're levelling a new warframe, you're not much going to be playing the old one anyway.

Indeed. I also don't believe their excuse as to why this is happening - server storage.

I mean they don't even have their own servers, you have peer-to-peer connection so the only thing they need servers for is just the menu, that's it. I think all my post in these forums costed more storage space than the 4-5 accounts filled with slots.

Maybe they should also limit the ammount of mods you can get, since those occupy server space too!

Now don't go giving ideas.

personally I can see why they have frame slots, frames are like characters and almost every free game has limited character slots, okay, not cool but common. The weapon slots a kinda weird.

Now don't go giving ideas.

personally I can see why they have frame slots, frames are like characters and almost every free game has limited character slots, okay, not cool but common. The weapon slots a kinda weird.

Well I'd agree with you on the whole frames like characters, but they are not. 1 character in any RPG has more complexion than all the warframes. Only, let's say path of exile, has double or triple the ammount of skills all warframes combined have, not to mention armors etc. and you can get them all on one character. Not to mention that you can just make a new character on a new account and have no penalty.

Also slots seems worthless especially since you can just make a new account and get more slots. 3 accounts = 12 WF slots and you also get 3 free warframes! yey! You can also get 3 forma or 3 orokin potatoes per alert! Double yey!

They have to make money some how.

The game isn't really popular nor are they meaningful enough for the game to survive on colours and cosmetics alone.

So, paying customers get more character slots.

It's a pretty standard thing, the usual way around this in games is just to make another account, which you're perfectly allowed to do on Warframe.

Or you can just sell warframes. You can only play one at a time, and realistically speaking, if you're levelling a new warframe, you're not much going to be playing the old one anyway.

Yeah WF is so not popular, it isn't in the top 10 on steam at all, it's so obscure.

Also why would you sell warframes when you can just make another account and get one free?

Yeah. And just because people cant pay/dont want to pay, I have to screw my business with making every last thing obtainable.

Top logic as well....

Slots will most likely come with mastery. Slots for progression. Thats a good thing in my op.

No one said to make everything obtainable. I wouldn't have no problems with T3 keys only being available for plat and to be the only ones dropping prime BP's since they are basically just skins, as long as T1 and T2 keys are more common and drop good mods/mods that are only obtainable in the void.

Don't twist my words, since i never said everything should be available to a free player, but game changing items SHOULD be available. And yes slots/forma/orokins/keys are game-changing. I have played almost 20 hours in the last patch and only got 3 void keys and no forma. Slots are game-changing because you have different warframes with different abilities, almost like weapons. I wouldn't mind having just one generic looking warframe as long as i can use any abilities.

And slots for mastery is a cash-grab for so many reasons.

Edited by Story4

Here's an idea:

What if the first time you make any kind of real-world purchase (even just $5 of plat) you're automatically granted a set number of slots- maybe an extra 4 frame slots and 6 weapon slots? You can then buy more with plat as needed.

5 bucks = 75 plat = 3 Warframe slots + 1 (2) weapon slots... can't afford to give DE 5 dollars to help them keep the game afloat and develop more content?

No one said anything about not affording, i for one can afford to give 10-20 euros, but for what? It takes over 500 platinum just to get all the slots, so i have to pay at least 27 euros for what? Just the possibility to buy and own everything instead of having to sell my earned stuff? To just be ALLOWED to grind 400 hours? No ty.

I would rather pay 27 euros and get skins/colors, at least i know that i WANT to get them not that i HAVE to get them. See, a difference between wanting something and needing something. That's why games like LoL have so much succes, people are much more likely to spend on something they want, instead of on somethign they need, especially if it's a game.

If you like to spend money just to be allowed to do something then by all means spend away!

@10twenty4 I would like it more if it at least was like in TF2, once you buy an ammount of platinum, even the lowest one, all the slots are unlocked and you can get anything and spend your plat on whatever you want skins/colors/forma etc.

@10twenty4 I would like it more if it at least was like in TF2, once you buy an ammount of platinum, even the lowest one, all the slots are unlocked and you can get anything and spend your plat on whatever you want skins/colors/forma etc.

That's kind of what I was going for, I just maybe had the numbers off, since you can still buy more backpack pages in TF2 if needed. What about a purchase gets you 12 warframe slots total, and a good number of weapon slots, enough for most of the weapons (but not all). Frames are the kind of thing you wouldn't sell and don't need duplicates of. With the weapons, you'd get enough slots to allow for plenty of variety, and they're the kind of thing you do sell occasionally when you get an upgrade. You'd only need to buy more weapon slots if you're an extreme hoarder who has to own every kind.

Edited by 10twenty4

That's kind of what I was going for, I just maybe had the numbers off, since you can still buy more backpack pages in TF2 if needed. What about a purchase gets you 12 warframe slots total, and a good number of weapon slots, enough for most of the weapons (but not all). Frames are the kind of thing you wouldn't sell and don't need duplicates of. With the weapons, you'd get enough slots to allow for plenty of variety, and they're the kind of thing you do sell occasionally when you get an upgrade. You'd only need to buy more weapon slots if you're an extreme hoarder who has to own every kind.

Well that would be better, but in TF2 you don't need to buy more backpack slots in order to get everything. You can get it just by making a small purchase. The more backpack slots i think is for people who want to craft lots of helmets and stuff like that, since crafting also takes inventory slots unlike warframe.

That's why i don't really think that it would be good to limit slots, since limiting slots and limiting backpack in TF2 aren't really the same thing. Instead you could limit the resource cap, let's say 10.000 rubedo cap, if you want more you can pay. I think that's more along the lines of TF2.

I have no problem with DE saying that if you want to play for free you only get 2 slots and 50 platinum.

Just buy some platinum if you want more slots. It doesn't cost much. I mean really, some guy is complaining that it costs him 27 euro to buy slots for everything in the game.... jeez people.

I have no problem with DE saying that if you want to play for free you only get 2 slots and 50 platinum.

Just buy some platinum if you want more slots. It doesn't cost much. I mean really, some guy is complaining that it costs him 27 euro to buy slots for everything in the game.... jeez people.

Over 27 euros isn't much? Maybe not for you but for me it is. Just to be allowed to get everything. Over 300 or more hours. I'd rather just spend it on 3 or 4 games which allow me to get everything from the start, or for skins or colors, but not for permission.

Edited by Story4

With the starter package that you get for free, you can gain access to 3 warframe slots and 12 weapon slots - that's massive for 0$.

If that is not enough for you, you are free to go and play any of the other 100x 80$ AAA shooter out there, kid.

What's this? I want one, I'll pay for that kind of bundle hell were's that at?

P.S. Another issue in this line of fire is what'll happen to people who do buy slots if they make slots available? I'm totally for making slots free, at least weapon slots, but I'm scared to buy slots now because I feel like then I may be loosing out on being able to use that plat on forma or something else if they make slots free.

Edited by ra9una

Alternatively giving people a slot every 5 levels seems like a good trade off.

Lvl 5 = +1 warframe slot

Lvl 10 = +1 weapon slot

You still need to grind your &#! out (especially if you refuse to sell warframes and level only weapons) but that just seems fair.

If you want more slots,,, just buy IT. 20 plat. at each warframe slot is not expensive cost.

3 for 5 bucks seems kinda expensive for just capacity increase. I agree with Tauridizer, they shouldnt have slots to begin with. Just nickel and diming people.