The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need A New Warframe, Which One?

Irkie500

Question

Hey Friends,

I have plenty of plat to spend on a new warframe, and I just cant decide on which one I would like to venture forth with. My play style is slower, more methodical than most. I tend to play solo most of the time with the occasional team up. I tend not to use a ton of abilities while I play, mainly focusing on the gunplay. With that said, my current frames are Excal, Valk, Ash, Oberon, Vauban, Volt, Limbo, and Mesa. I play Ash and Oberon the most, with volt being a solid 3rd when doing more defensive missions.

We had quite a few new frames come out in the past months(Chroma, Atlas, Wukong, Nezha, Ivara) all of them look quite fun. Generally looking for just a fun frame to play as I dont really devote massive time to the game. Any ideas?

Thanks!

15 answers to this question

You do know you could just farm the parts for the frames, why waste plat buying them when they're so easy to acquire?

I would say Frost (Prime) is a good pick, has defensive and offensive capabilities and snowglobe makes a good firing point where ever you want. Also, king of defense missions and highly wanted in raids and pubs. You can pick up his prime parts in trading for fairly cheap now or test your luck with RNGsus in the void.

Ivara is a fun frame to play. you can dabble in solo with prowl and artemis and provide support with quiver in a team scenario. she's not the tankiest frame so she will need extra caution unlike the other frames you have.

Wukong is inline with excal and valkyr, although his ult is broken atm. (range is shown to increase as the melee combo counter increases, but the hitbox isn't increasing.) His 1 is negligible, while his 2 can keep him alive for a long time. his 3 can get you out of sticky situations as well.

I haven't used atlas or chroma too much since i got them but they have their merits.

I don't have the plat to buy/trade for nezha and my luck with sorties is piss poor so i doubt i'll be able to get my hands on him soon. 

Loki is really solid for Solo missions also becomes a team player with proper modding.

Frost is really strong defense frame so if you just want to be great help in defense missions. Your team mates will praise you from being their god in that situation where your snow globe protects the objective.

Nyx is really great for Crowd control.

Mag is the queen of Corpus (because no shields no fun buddy also can halt the major area of battlefield.

Ember is still really strong against infested so remember her.

Frost would be my knee-jerk reaction. The snow globe is a great boon for solo play for things like mobile defense and excavation. Viewing the arsenal as a toolbox Frost is your phillips screwdriver or your scissors. He is basic and everyone should have him in there.

Loki sounds more like your speed though. Radial Disarm is extremely powerful in solo play, especially now that we can wall-latch and decoy + switch teleport has insane utility. With Primed Continuity in the game a hybrid build is actually very good now allowing lots of switching and disarming with Fleeting Expertise while still maintaining a useful duration on Invisibility and Decoy, where before I tended to build either one or the other.

Ivara is neat and if you like to play slow she might be even more your style than Loki but with Parkour2.0 mobility is not usually an issue. I haven't played her a ton yet but I don't think she has any special ways of getting by lasers and such like Loki can with decoy->switch teleport. Maybe you like doing spy stuff legit though.

Edited by VKhaun

Hmmm plenty of good comments above. I really am tempted with Ivara as I have a deep love for anything Bow related, and her skills seem pretty fun to use. Kind of a mix of a couple of frames, that offers plenty of utility, survivability and damage output. I did read that her first skill can be a little clunky to use switching through all the different types of arrows.

Limbo. He is the epitome of methodical, and has massive power in solo play with a skill ceiling so far above every other frame it's unreal. He'll take a while to learn and even longer to master, but he's well worth it.

Cue hate.

No hate from me :) I love going against the grain and using things people dont consider meta, just makes it more fun. I think that is why I shy away from him(still rank 1) his skills just seem very in depth and confusing with the whole rift plane.

Either Loki, Ivara or Nezha.

Loki (Prime) - is great for soloing tons of content with the right gear and mod set up.

Ivara - is great for slow paced, tactical play style since her skill set is basically stealth and utility.

Nezha - because of the immense grind wall he offers.

Or you could just buy me Ivara or Nezha while you farm the parts ;)

Edited by secret9005