Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus Passiv - No Need To Activate Main Skill!

Pacheon

To be honest, the Focus Ways can be annoying, since they are vaguely described and not anyone is clearly understanding the system.

E.g. the Pool. No clue what it means (at first). You only figure it out when you unlock your first Active/Passive Way, and checking the X of X, which decreases just upon "toggling" a Way. Not really selfexplanatory, since people don't notice that those are toggleable at all.

Why do we have to use the Focus once to get the "passive which lasts the whole mission"?

I don't see any sense activating a skill for a passive, since we already are using the Focus as a main-set 5th ability.

Rhino has not to use any skill to activate his inbuilt heavy impact.

Atlas has not to use any skill to activate his natural "cannot be knocked while sticking to the ground"-ish passive.

Equinox has not to ...

You got this already.

So, why do we have to use our Focus to activate the respective passive abilities?

(Just some typo fix)

Edited by Pacheon

Some people may choose to do a mission without using the 5th. The focus passive is for players who want to use the 5th.

And yes, Iv had times where I don't use my 5th because someone in the squad haven't done the 2nd dream yet.

You also seem to be confusing warframe passive with lense passive. The lense only is on a single frame. By your logic, only the frame with the lense should use the passive.

I abuse the passives of zenurik, I feel that without the activation, I could run every mission with 2 fingers up my nose and 2 fingers up my butt from the start

although I like OP in this game, I dont mind the passive delay so you cant activate the OPness untill after a few minutes

Some people may choose to do a mission without using the 5th. The focus passive is for players who want to use the 5th.

And yes, Iv had times where I don't use my 5th because someone in the squad haven't done the 2nd dream yet.

You also seem to be confusing warframe passive with lens passive. The lens only is on a single frame. By your logic, only the frame with the lense should use the passive.

Passive effects from Focus won't spoil anything for the team. My energy regen from Zenurik or my clanmate's invisibility from Naramon won't say anything about the Second Dream.

Your second paragraph: no.

You also seem to be confusing warframe passive with lense passive. The lense only is on a single frame. By your logic, only the frame with the lense should use the passive.

First point has been said already, no passiv will ever spoiler anything.

To your last point:

I've never mentioned that the LENS has to be used/activated instead of the FOCUS.

I think it's more of having a reason to have the passive up.

The point of Focus, or what it's aiming for, is to help out in endgame content.

Of course, some endgame comes in the form of short missions, but I believe the point is to help out for the long run where it is most needed

Edited by AirKrakenSupreme

I abuse the passives of zenurik, I feel that without the activation, I could run every mission with 2 fingers up my nose and 2 fingers up my butt from the start

although I like OP in this game, I dont mind the passive delay so you cant activate the OPness untill after a few minutes

As opposed to sitting in the starting room for two minutes and thirty seconds?

I think it's more of having a reason to have the passive up.

The point of Focus, or what it's aiming for, is to help out in endgame content.

Of course, some endgame comes in the form of short missions, but I believe the point is to help out for the long run where it is most needed

"Endgame content" - there isn't such thing on Warframe. It isn't like "I grab a sword of the damned giggle guggle quagmire + 1337 enchanted and start PVPing with others".

And yea, waiting at the starting room (like interception) and activating the skill just once and gaining the advantage over the whole mission, unless some host-billy keeps leaving on purpose and resetting that passive back to an inactive state.

Makes no sense. Passives should be active all the way, otherwise, they wouldn't make any sense. Activating an passive isn't the usual way that it's supposed to. It is not a buff, it is a passive. Passives stay active, always, regardless of used skills or not! (general RPG mechanics)

. It is not a buff, it is a passive. Passives stay active, always, regardless of used skills or not! (general RPG mechanics)

This is arguable.

To be a passive it just states that it has no duration itself, so no need to keep an eye on it and reactivate over time.

A buff is something you activate and it last for X amount of time and then expires.

Having a "buff" that you need to activate, but lasts forever it's not a buff, it's an triggered Passive.

You trigger the condition for it, and it stays on the rest of the time.

But in the end, it's still a passive.