The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Suggestions On This Valkyr Build

rohver

Question

13 answers to this question

Edited. Do you see it now? 

Can see it.

Remove Steel Fiber; replace with Constitution or Blind Rage. Tweak eff/dur as desired for energy costs - personally I like having minimum cost with maximum duration and Streamline, but I have seen other players successfully use builds with more expensive Hysteria (gaining more strength from using BR).

I see you're trying to make a hysteria build here.

1. I don't think you need eternal war, cause a weapon with berserker will make you fast enough.

At 300 hp you will be one-shot at higher levels. And I'm not talking 100+ like, take T4 Int and stay for about 8 rounds - you can be one-shot by shotgun corpus, not to mention the bombards. And you can't stay in hysteria at all times and in all missions. You can run out of energy despite the low cost and drain of the ability, you can be hit by an energy draining field or a nullifier, or drained by other enemies.

So, swap Eternal War for Vitality.

2. You need to have a way to get energy if/when you're out. What better way to do it than use Rage on Valkyr. To get it in, you take out P. Continuity. and

3. To counter the cost and drain increase because you took out P. Continuity you should swap Streamline for Fleeting Expertise.

After making these changes your drain will only go up from 0.77 to 0.9 and you will have twice the hp pool and the ability to replenish energy when damaged in order to get back into hysteria at once.  

Can see it.

Remove Steel Fiber; replace with Constitution or Blind Rage. Tweak eff/dur as desired for energy costs - personally I like having minimum cost with maximum duration and Streamline, but I have seen other players successfully use builds with more expensive Hysteria (gaining more strength from using BR).

Remove Steel Fiber and replace with Constitution? I should have clicked report instead of quote :-)

Do you even realize how fragile that frame would become? It is already dangerously close to being one-shot outside Hysteria, and without at least Steel Fiber you will be totally clem!med ouside Hysteria. 

Btw, to the topic starter - just by changing steel fiber for vitality in your build you will significantly raise your effective health pool since Valkyr already has high armor. So if you want to have just one of them - choose Vitality, but I still strongly recommend my build with both.

EDITED, so read again pls.

Edited by frohdoe

I see you're trying to make a hysteria build here.

1. I don't think you need eternal war, cause a weapon with berserker will make you fast enough.

At 300 hp you will be one-shot at higher levels. And I'm not talking 100+ like, take T4 Int and stay for about 8 rounds - you can be one-shot by shotgun corpus, not to mention the bombards. And you can't stay in hysteria at all times and in all missions. You can run out of energy despite the low cost and drain of the ability, you can be hit by an energy draining field or a nullifier, or drained by other enemies.

So, swap Eternal War for Vitality.

2. You need to have a way to get energy if/when you're out. What better way to do it than use Rage on Valkyr. To get it in, you take out P. Continuity. and

3. To counter the cost and drain increase because you took out P. Continuity you should swap Streamline for Fleeting Expertise.

After making these changes your drain will only go up from 0.77 to 0.9 and you will have twice the hp pool and the ability to replenish energy when damaged in order to get back into hysteria at once.  

I did that and it works fine. However, I opted for Eternal war over berserker to give my team support. Removing Steel fiber is dangerous, yes but Warcry can compensate somewhat. 

Here are two variants....cant decide...

Warframe_2015_12_20_14_07_28_401.jpg
Warframe_2015_12_20_14_09_13_672.jpg

edit : I could also try replacing flow with Rage in the second build?

Edited by rohver

As for team support - they will get a nice buff, if they melee, which not many ppl do (works really great for Excal). As for the armor buff, only those frames with high enough base armor will get a noticeable buff to effective health, That's I think like 1/4th of all frames or so, but not sure, gotta check armor values, too lazy for that atm.

So, if you don't want to use team support - go with the first build, it a great strong build (esp. once you forma it enough for P. Flow).

But if you're set on using team support, then ok, it can sometimes be very useful as I said, like with Excal, which will significantly help him deal more dmg against high levels. Then go with the second build. However, in the second build I would definitely sacrifice P. Continuity for Rage. The drain would go up to 1/sec from 0.77 but I find this of no consequence. It's much more important to be able to get energy from the hp, when you desperately need it. And no, don't even think about replacing Flow. The only thing you can replace it with is Primed Flow :-) 

All in all, both builds are good and I don't see any way to make them better (except my note on the 2nd one above). You just have to choose, whether you want more survivability or buff your teammates. I suggest you take both builds and test run them. You can also always swap between the two depending on the mission and your team composition. 

Edited by frohdoe

I've had many games where I have used 1 ability once (Warcry) and gotten 80% of the kills. Eternal War is very powerful and can easily replace Hysteria if used right. I recommend a Galatine with Tempo Royale. With Tempo Royale you can hold the block button the whole time so any time you are not slicing you are blocking bullets.

Steel Charge

Primed Continuity, Intensify, Vitality, Steel Fiber

Rage, Rush, Equilibrium, Eternal War

You will occasionally get hit and due to low shields Rage will convert the damage to energy to feed your channeling.

I use Rush to get from one enemy to the next ASAP.

As you will be channeling the whole time your energy will never be full and you can always pickup those blue balls and maintain your health.

Eternal War - Click Warcry once for the whole mission and kill 1 enemy every 2 seconds at least.

Use a long weapon with Primed reach, Focus Energy, Fury.

With this build you will forget you even have Hysteria.

Here is my Valkyr build:

Corrosive Projection, Power Drift (exilus)

Vitality, Armored Agility, Rage, Eternal War, Narrow Minded, Fleeting Expertise, Transient Fortitude, Intensify

With high effective health and Rage, this build is very safe even if you get Nullified or Magnetic proc, yet still retains 200% Strength. Only downside is you might actually have to recast Warcry occasionally.

I see your point. I'll go with the first build. I used to get berserker AND Warcry buffs at the same time, which made me wonder if I'm doing something odd.. Thanks a lot :) 

There's nothing wrong in using both, but berserker is quite enough and there's just no room left for warcry.

Steel Charge

Primed Continuity, Intensify, Vitality, Steel Fiber

Rage, Rush, Equilibrium, Eternal War

With this build you will forget you even have Hysteria.

Until your melee weapon becomes ineffective, yes. That's how I play it until level 70 or so, I use D. Nikana though, my personal preference. However your build is odd.

You have only 130% STR, while wasting a slot on Equilibrium. Why would you want Equilibrium, to what end?

Corrosive Projection, Power Drift (exilus)

Vitality, Armored Agility, Rage, Eternal War, Narrow Minded, Fleeting Expertise, Transient Fortitude, Intensify

Armored Agility instead of Steel Fiber means you are trading 666 effective hp for a measly 15% sprint speed increase.

Edited by frohdoe

Here are two variants....cant decide...

Guess I'm not sure if you're looking to be in or out of Hysteria. If you want to stay out as long as possible, SF+Vit+Rage are great; if you're planning on staying inside Hysteria for most of the time, Efficiency and Flow are excellent.

I would swap FE and Flow in the first build for Primed Continuity and the Warcry augment, and you'd have a great melee build for non-Hysteria; pop into Hysteria to heal up or tank when needed. No need for Flow or high efficiency if you're not spending a long time in Hysteria (augment means no need to recast war cry).

You can make the build even more 'tanky' outside Hysteria by installing (Primed) Flow and Quick Thinking in place of Intensify and Primed Continuity (and then swap TF for Blind Rage). But personally I think that's overkill; it's the setup I used back when going into Hysteria meant a full minute of craptastic damage. Now that Hysteria's not a detriment it's overkill, imo.

If you're looking to spend a long time in Hysteria, there's no need for the health mods; take the second build - you *can* but don't have to remove Vitality, depending on if you feel you need it. Personally I think it's a waste on a pure Hysteria build and I would replace it with more duration from Constitution or a mid-rank FE to get to a higher Hysteria efficiency.