The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fastest Way To Level Up?

Devanor

Question

Greetings fellow Tenno. I'll apologize in advance since I'm sure this question has been asked time and again, but what's considered the fastest way to level up frames and weapons?

I've been told it's doing Survivals, yet it feels like Interception gives alot more for far less effort...

11 answers to this question

draco on ceres

Either you find a Loki to stealth kill an exterminate, or you go to Draco, Ceres. The latter is what's usually done in my clan. Someone (usually me) goes Saryn and just kills everything while the others take 4rounds+2 to get their stuff to 30.

Interception I see... also, during a mission earlier today, one of the guys in the group told us to "everyone defend one point each" while someone else said "that will only work at lower levels". How do you do it in higher level Interceptions, then?

Edited by Devanor

Interception I see... also, during a mission earlier today, one of the guys in the group told us to "everyone defend one point each" while someone else said "that will only work at lower levels". How do you do it in higher level Interceptions, then?

Run around killing/looting and keep an eye on the map/icons. If you see a point icon flashing then make your way to that point because an enemy is attempting to capture it.

Draco's also small enough that one DPS can completely lock down one set of spawn points.  When I farm focus there, I cap one point, then take my Firequake Ember with Simulor/Atomos up to the north platform and just spawn kill everything.  This nets me plenty of focus, pretty solidly defends B and D, and still leaves a few spawn points for the rest of the team so I'm not being a complete jerk about it.

PUGs don't seem to mind, I usually get paired with people levelling gear.

Fun sidenote:  The rank 4 survival test done 3 or 4 times in a row (so ten minutes) can get a warframe to level 5 without a booster.  Adds a little extra survivability and keeps you from being the dreaded [0] in Draco.  Some people take issue with that.

That'll work, but it's kinda silly and just. so. boring.  Farming affinity, just murder everything, and murder everything trying to cap a point with extreme prejudice.  Going for drops, Frost/Mirage/Trinity/Loki, leave when you get bored.  Personal record's 18 in T4, because the Frost got embarrassed about his hammer.

Just gonna let you know that you should focus on the starchart and learning the game before you fork your soul over to the MR grind.

Players I meet in game are genuinely much more experienced and knowledgeable (and genuinely enjoy the game more) when they play the game for fun and try things that appeal to them as opposed to grinding resources to build weapons and frames and then hit draco ASAP.

Edited by (PS4)thinkfasthippie2

Any endless mode will do. The higher the level of the node, the higher level of affinity you'll get--and the greater chance of you being a fifth wheel to the team.

Play the game; level up. Just about everything you do nets you affinity at some level. Just do stuff. That's the best advice.

Draco's also small enough that one DPS can completely lock down one set of spawn points. When I farm focus there, I cap one point, then take my Firequake Ember with Simulor/Atomos up to the north platform and just spawn kill everything. This nets me plenty of focus, pretty solidly defends B and D, and still leaves a few spawn points for the rest of the team so I'm not being a complete jerk about it.

PUGs don't seem to mind, I usually get paired with people levelling gear.

^

^

Ability kills get shared XP btw. That aside, just use whatever you wanna level.

Leveling weapons? Shoot.

Frame? Use damage abilitys. (If aviable)

I'm currently leveling my wukong on draco. Takes me around 3 runs to get from 0 to 30 without booster. First run ~8-10 w shared/weapon xp, second run ~21-24 w staff, third run 30 w staff.

Draco is a nice spot since it's pretty popular, not too hard and gives masses of affinity, next to decent dropps (C-rota w20 = T4 keys)

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108