Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I Watched A Video Of Someone Using Saryn....

(PSN)SeneschalGrigori

And he spammed the everloving **** out of Spore on her Molt.

Is there a reason for this? I get that Miasma gets more damage if you have spores on your Molt when it detonates but the way I understood it you just needed to have 1 "super" cast on it. Does damage multiply if you have multiple stacks of spores on the molt or was this guy just wasting energy?

Gets more spores to spread around. Enemies Shooting the Molt will trigger the spores, spreading them, so loading up on spores just make it less effort to spread around, so you can focus on killing tough targets etc. It's also much easier to trigger spores yourself on a stationary target than a moving one.

Gets more spores to spread around. Enemies Shooting the Molt will trigger the spores, spreading them, so loading up on spores just make it less effort to spread around, so you can focus on killing tough targets etc. It's also much easier to trigger spores yourself on a stationary target than a moving one.

Makes sense. 

I understood the point of molt and how the spores worked but never thought about actually using that to spread the spores itself rather than casting it on enemies. Normally I only did that (and only used one spore) on the molt when I was preparing to nuke the area. 

So a Saryn spore plus a Nyx chaos should be a awesome combo? Huummm

spores cast on molt has a chance to trigger at the same time molt is destroyed or expire which mean you will have both the viral proc from the spores as well as the toxin proc from molt itself. 

So if you time it right the enemies will have both procs on them in a short amount of time. 

It´s just bad gameplay. Casting one spore while instantly shooting a torid, is quicker, will yield the same spread of procs and safes more energy for miasma usage.

I was starting to wonder about that as I guess thinking about it I could possibly see casting it 2x but after one spore is broken everyone in range gets infected. Having another 10 spores on the Molt doesn't do anything extra that simply having 2 extra wouldn't do.  *at least I think, I'm no pro at this so could be wrong*

does having additional spores pop at least refresh the duration?

perhaps he like me thought viral procs can stack, I thought so because my atomos was 1 hitting level 110+ grineers after i spread like 6+ spores. Didn't figure that my atomos itself is just too strong.

Edit: or maybe they do stack and the wikia is just outdated.

Edited by tennoninjahunter

I was starting to wonder about that as I guess thinking about it I could possibly see casting it 2x but after one spore is broken everyone in range gets infected. Having another 10 spores on the Molt doesn't do anything extra that simply having 2 extra wouldn't do.  *at least I think, I'm no pro at this so could be wrong*

does having additional spores pop at least refresh the duration?

New instances of virus procs are refreshing the duration of the dbuff. But the dbuff is also not stackable.

Spore stacking would make sense if toxic procs would be stackable by spore_pops for the spore_pop_damage_calculation. But since this isn´t the case, the base damage for the viral dots are low and suffer under DR like toxic procs, the raw status effects for the 200% miasma multiplier plus the viral dbuff are all we want, as quick and as cheap as possible. ^^

It´s just funny to make a molt full of spores. Sometimes that´s all you need to justify your doing. :P

seems like logical play style

Like I said, I understood the concept of tossing spores on your molt. My question is that is there a reason to cast spore 6x on one molt in the span of 5 seconds.

If it works for him great (which going by the video it did), I myself am just wondering if doing that actually provided a benefit or would have casting it 2x per molt granted the same affect and left him with more energy. 

use spore and molt, use toxic lash augment and hit enemies affected by spore, if they are still alive use miasma 

heres snip  from the update that might clear it up? (yes i was bored waiting for download xD) 

Screenshot-Original.png?sv=2014-02-14&sr

Unfortunately I can't see it (assuming work is blocking it) 

Is that the patch notes? I do understand you get bonus damage for having enemies affected with virus/toxin and bonus damage if you do miasma with your molt up coated in spores but my question was why was he doing it to the same molt so many times. Mainly curiosity & wanted to know if it actually provided a benefit to cast Spore so many times (on the same molt, not over the course of the mission but create molt > spam 6 spores on it). 

The way I understand it doing it 2x (maybe 3 depending on how shooter happy the enemies are) would save you energy and have the same damage output because spore creates roughly 4 (guesstimating, I know I've seen a minimum of 4 per cast) and everyone in range is going to be affected the moment one spore pops. Casting either of those numbers will have spores remaining on the molt and I'm curious to know if having 6 remaining on the molt at detonation provides a benefit to having 2 remaining at detonation. (IE: Damage bonus)

He's using an Overextended Spore build. You stack a ton of spores on a Viral-procced target so the barrage of DoT ticks kills them. It's safer to use her Molt ability, and it also lets you position the spores exactly where you want them to spread.

sounds about right

Unfortunately I can't see it (assuming work is blocking it) 

Is that the patch notes? I do understand you get bonus damage for having enemies affected with virus/toxin and bonus damage if you do miasma with your molt up coated in spores but my question was why was he doing it to the same molt so many times. Mainly curiosity & wanted to know if it actually provided a benefit to cast Spore so many times (on the same molt, not over the course of the mission but create molt > spam 6 spores on it). 

The way I understand it doing it 2x (maybe 3 depending on how shooter happy the enemies are) would save you energy and have the same damage output because spore creates roughly 4 (guesstimating, I know I've seen a minimum of 4 per cast) and everyone in range is going to be affected the moment one spore pops. Casting either of those numbers will have spores remaining on the molt and I'm curious to know if having 6 remaining on the molt at detonation provides a benefit to having 2 remaining at detonation. (IE: Damage bonus)

sorry its not visible, must be blocked

toxic lash

blocking can reduce 90% damage while active (max)

detonates a venome spore if target has any

guaranted toxic proc on hit

Miasma

100% damage  if target has viral proc

100% more damage if has toxic

(viral +toxic) = 200% more damage 

recast miasma will reset ticks timer and allow it to keep working (recast to make it last longer, like frost snow globe used to?