The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sobek Vs Hek Vs Tigris >> Your Opinion On These Guns

Caseph

Question

17 answers to this question

the regular Tigris kinda sucks IMO

the Hek is one of the most damaging shotguns in the game

the Sancti Tigris is actually worth using, and can match the Hek (though Hek IMO is stronger due to easier firing mechanics and larger magazine)

I've heard jack-all about the Sobek, but it was MR trash when I leveled it. I can't imagine it's ascended from that position since then

Edited by KiloFoxx

Tigris, when properly used, will outdamage ANY gun in the game. Even better with the Sanctigs.
Justice Hek (and Vayhek), is damaging and more for casual shotgun users, while the Vaykor Hek is more for headshot damage which sadly, also requires two primed mods instead of one to get the most out of.

Sobek WAS fairly good compared to the others before the shotgun update but now fell behind a bit. Still considered low/mid due to abysmal reload time (4 @(*()$ seconds). Mind as well use the Boar P with a nice touch of status chance, good reload speed, good rate of fire.

I've heard jack-all about the Sobek, but it was MR trash when I leveled it. I can't imagine it's ascended from that position since then

I decided to give the Sobek another go just the other day and it is in fact leagues better than it used to be. That said, I'm still leveling it up so I can't say how it holds up to the Hek or Sancti Tigris, but I'd say it's at least a decent alternative to those two.

(The four second reload is still incredibly painful though, but otherwise it's pretty fun).

Edited by Paradoxbomb

I've been running Sancti Tigris for a while and it never disappoints. If you can get the rhythm of the two-shot barrel then you become a beast. Regular Hek with the Justice mod is great too; I'm beginning to prefer it over Sancti just because of the beefy sounds and force on kills. 

Vaykor Hek is good, but it takes two prime mods (meaning one less elemental for variety) and only really shines on headshots.

Edited by R34LM

I decided to give the Sobek another go just the other day and it is in fact leagues better than it used to be. That said, I'm still leveling it up so I can't say how it holds up to the Hek or Sancti Tigris, but I'd say it's at least a decent alternative to those two.

(The four second reload is still incredibly painful though, but otherwise it's pretty fun).

oh, well lemme know how it pans out... I doubt that it'll compare to the Hek OR the Sancti Tigris, but if it's at least FIELDable than that's a major update to how it used to be

oh, and OP. Boar is s---. I know you didn't mention it as an option, but it sucks. don't use it except as MR-fodder. I don't have a strong feeling for the Khom either, but apparently SOME people have gotten a use out of it, so it must have SOME niche. though it's not a weapon I see fielded in Sorties. just FYI

Right now I'm leaning towards Hek and Tigris. However I want a few more opinions. I might just use both Hek and Tigris in certain situations (Bosses, Survical, etc.) Any more reasons the Sobek be comparable to the Hek and Tigris?

sobek (4 forma) falls off at level 70+

apart from that being a large mag (31 with mod) fast firing hitscan shotgun is pretty cool

tigris doesnt seem so strong ive put all the same mods - point blank, hells chamber, blaze, etc in it. maybe sancti is better

I find my tastes run away from shotguns, but I have invested time into a few, the Boar and Sobek. I prefer the Sobek and it is in fact one of my favorite weapons now- for me, using a shotgun is refreshing from time to time and it does decent damage up to long range.

I play a midrange game primarily because my aim stinks, so the pellet falloff (which is comparatively small) doesn't bother me a bit. I just pepper the bad gai untill he runs up to me and beat him to death with my mêlée, and it doesn't take long with Sobek shots.

I would say though, to make the Sobek worth any Forma I'd get the Steel Meridian mod for it.

sobek is pretty good against corpus in particular and it still has an old bug of insta reload, cutting the effective 4 sec reload to like 1-1,5 depending how good are u at quickly switching weapons/scanner/hitting quick melee. 

U hold down the fire button, waiting for it to go to zero and continue holding it, then it should isnta reload according to numbers in bottom right corner, its that time when u can quickly switch inbetween weapons/scanners to cancel animation and shoot again. Takes a bit of practice, but overall its not a bad shotty at all. 

I think that I might go with the Hek and Tigris. Hek seems like it would fit my style instead of spraying shells into the enemy. I also like the damage output for Hek and Tigris. However, I might just craft all of them and test them all out so I can get a better idea. It looks like Hek is a Tigris with more ammo and its not a 2 round burst. I feel that late game the Sobek will not be as good. I'm still taking some opinions.

Hek is my go-to primary for mostly everything.

I've got it formad probably six times now.

The way I've got it built With punch through and multishot, not to mention all the 90% elemental mods, it one shots basically everything; also, you can use it as a sniper until the enemies get above level 30.

I think that I might go with the Hek and Tigris. Hek seems like it would fit my style instead of spraying shells into the enemy. I also like the damage output for Hek and Tigris. However, I might just craft all of them and test them all out so I can get a better idea. It looks like Hek is a Tigris with more ammo and its not a 2 round burst. I feel that late game the Sobek will not be as good. I'm still taking some opinions.

Hek is a fine choice and will do you well. Be sure to acquire its augment mod quickly if you want an early game advantage. It comes from the Steel Meridian faction and typically sells on trade for between 10-15 plat.

Hek is great, Tigris... ehn, wouldn't bother investing forma with the Sancti out there.  Vaykor Hek is, well, there's a reason our community managers were using it when they livestreamed JV.  

If you're short on forma, credits, and cores, and MR12 is within reach, I'd say Sancti Tigris is by far your best bet.  3 forma will get you an endgame worthy build, and when you don't NEED all that damage, an ammo stock coupled with a rank 1 Burdened Magazine will get you 4 rounds.  While this nerfs it to "only" about 70k dmg per double barreled burst (with Seeking Fury), that's, um, sufficient for darn near anything.

Sancti's also the most beautiful weapon in the entire game, so there's that too.

If the choice is solely between those offered, go with the Hek, just make sure you get the SJ mod.

PS  If you're rich and feel like dumping forma into everything, Vaykor Hek beats Hek and Sancti Tigris hands down.