Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking For Someone Who Is Really Good With 3D Modeling

BenihimeRyuu

Long story short, I have no experience with 3D modeling and do not possess powerful computer(s) that can support programs like Blender. My proposition would be that if it is selected then I would want to give half of the earning out of the total percentage that goes towards the uploader/creator. I enjoy doing art and hope to have ideas of "yes, that looks good" or "no, let's try this instead" type of communication or bounce ideas off each other. Still inexperienced with huge detailed artwork (or so I think when comparing my work to others') and always looking for improvement.

Catch is: I would need you to have communication skills; ask questions if I am not making sense or need me to elaborate more on what I mean and honest opinions in a respectful manner.

I would totally love to see some examples on what your artwork/3D modeling look like and make a new friend or two. If I get comments on this for wanting to work with me then I will have up to 2 people to work with (one for 3D modeling, one for textures, and one for artwork ideas), in which if that were the case, then the profit will be split amongst the 3 of us EVENLY to prevent backstabbing/greediness/credit seeking people. We could take turns with the roles and/or teach each other that want to learn a different role.

Working with people who are casual, easy going, and patient (to try and not rush artwork) would be more preferred but not required. We can work on items together when we all have the free time. Let me know via Skype (if you have it) or Facebook by mail through the main Warframe website, and by then I can give you my Skype/Facebook/Steam name.

Looking forward to be seeing awesome ideas in the future!

EDIT: I am a very negotiable person and this is something I've never done before. What I had stated above was what I thought was fair but a few comments stated that it was not if someone is making the 3D model and that the modeler was to get more of the portion since they did more of the work. I do not like being discouraged, but if you think you need to state something do not be rude about it please. If there are more negative comments then I will have no choice but to give up on looking (and no it's not to make you feel guilty about it, it is more of a statement since I don't know how to take my own topics off of the forums or how to close it down). I can be very bad with words as in the way I think that makes sense to me may not "feel" or seem the same way as you may view it, so ask questions in the comments if you need to and I will try to answer them the best I can about what I mean by this, that, or the other.

Edited by BenihimeRyuu

Good luck. I only expect someone like a journeyman or somebody who's still learning 3d to go along with something like this.  Somebody who's really good will only do it themselves.  I mean why share when you can keep it mostly for yourself.  So unless you are friends with somebody already, this is how I expect things to go down.  Sorry for being pessimistic.

You're gonna have a hard time finding a 3D modeler with those conditions. Even if they really like your designs, they'd either have to be incredibly nice, or incredibly naive to take an even split with you just doing concept art work. The modeler will have to do a lot in order to fill in the gaps that your typical concept illustration won't be able to, especially with a game with as clearly defined an art style as Warframe.

Edited by MaaYuu

If someone else is going to be actually creating the 3D model, then I'd say they should earn the vast majority of the earnings.

I'm no pro artist but this is the most fair out of all. Most of the work goes from the artist themselves trying to make the actual rendition of the helmet or model. Concepts are one of the easy parts of making these helmets. If you plan to do a collaborative work, please do explain what can you do to help said artist in the processes to begin with. It would make the people who are willing to do the work easier to understand which parts of the designing you're good at and which ones you don't understand yet.

The modeler will have to do a lot in order to fill in the gaps that your typical concept illustration won't be able to, especially with a game with as clearly defined an art style as Warframe.

Also, this. Each warframe has their own theme and judging from its art style, their designs are pretty strict. It's not simple to make a fitting helmet for a warframe without any knowledge of how said warframe works.

You probably didn't aware, but there are terms for what you are right now and it's called ideas guy

https://www.google.com/search?q=ideas+guy&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

You will definitely going to deny it, but the simple fact is there are reasons why ideas guy becomes a derogatory term. Their occurrence are very common and almost always ends up in either failure or lawsuit. The biggest problem is what happens if you fail, you barely did anything while the other guys did everything for nothing.