The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does De Refund Platinum If It Has Not Been Used?

Doctory

Question

13 answers to this question

I highly doubt it.  It would be too hard for them to track whether the plat you had was the plat you originally purchased or if you spent that plat and then sold a bunch of stuff you picked up in missions for the current plat you have.  Plus they're in the business of making money, not giving it back.

Sorry, but once purchased, Platinum is entirely non-refundable. 

This is expressed in article 9 of the Terms of Use "Fees":

Digital Extremes may charge fees to access and acquire certain game items or participate in Game activities on the Website and may allow the purchase of in-game “currency” that may be applied to the purchase of in-game items or activities ("Platinum") ANY APPLICABLE PLATINUM, FEES AND OTHER CHARGES ARE PAYABLE IN ADVANCE AND ARE NON REFUNDABLE AND NONTRANSFERABLE, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FOR ANY REASON. PLATINUM HAS NO MONETARY VALUE AND CANNOT BE REDEEMED FOR CASH. YOU ARE FULLY LIABLE FOR ALL CHARGES TO YOUR ACCOUNT, INCLUDING ANY UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES.  You agree that you will provide accurate and complete payment information to the third-party payment provider used by Digital Extremes for purchasing Platinum or other fee-based activities on the Website or in the Game. You further agree to pay all fees and applicable taxes incurred by you or anyone using an Account registered to you. Digital Extremes may revise the pricing for the Game or any item associated therewith at any time. All fees and charges are payable in accordance with payment terms in effect at the time the fee or the charge becomes due and payable. Digital Extremes may, from time to time, modify, amend, or supplement its fees and fee-billing methods, and such changes shall be effective immediately upon posting in this Agreement or elsewhere on the Website or in the Game. If there is a dispute regarding payment of fees to Digital Extremes, your Account may be closed without warning or notice at the sole discretion of Digital Extremes.

https://warframe.com/terms

INCLUDING ANY UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES

This is personally my favorite part.  I like to amend that with "until I tell my bank or credit card company about the unauthorized charges and they refuse to pay them out to DE or any other place that took a stolen card!"

Silly Canadians and their lack of understanding how US financial institutions work.

Edited by Demonik35

This is personally my favorite part.  I like to amend that with "until I tell my bank or credit card company about the unauthorized charges and they refuse to pay them out to DE or any other place that took a stolen card!"

Silly Canadians and their lack of understanding how US financial institutions work.

They aren't saying that they will keep your money despite whatever your bank/ union does in response to a stolen card, they are saying that paying them money, and that taking it back later, for any reason, is a ban-able offense. 

Basically, you had secured a payment with them and you went "Lol, nope." and many companies, DE included, wouldn't take that lightly.

You guys were wrong! They refunded my platinum.

Warframe Support had? Within the last few hours? 

That would be incredibly odd, as, in my experience, all sorts of inquiries on this subject have been met with a respectful, "No".

Should then the user attempt to force the refund, by getting their bank to withdraw the payment, it has resulted in a ban. 

If this is something DE is starting to do, it would be worth it for me to check in on their Community Team on the subject.

I think they might have mis-understood my ticket because refunding platinum I bought normally but realized I screwed up was on the same ticket as another purchase error

EDIT: If this actually happend, would I get a ban or not?

Edited by Doctory

Perhaps one of their employees failed to realize that was not a refundable purchase. Either way, you wish came true and hopefully they don't look any further into it.

Moral of the story; It's always worth trying. :)

Edited by S0V3REiGN