Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gorgon Prime

Spandex-Super-Hero

I already know the fact that they have three gorgons(Prisma, wraith, and normal) but I think it would be so awesome if DE made a gorgon prime for those gorgon lovers like myself. Perhaps and increase in damage and crit chance from the Prisma and wraith? I feel like this would be a very widely used weapon if the prime version also had a decrease in recoil oh my lawd! This is just a proposition and I would love to hear people's thoughts on it! Thankyou~

Grineer and Corpus have both been in the void and have had a taste of orokin weapons, disassembling them and what not. There can actually be a "Gorgon prime" but there would have to be another way to farm it.

Saying only tenno weapons can be primed is wrong considering that tenno weapons are based off of orokin weapons (primes). The tenno could easily produce a weapon that isn't based off of any orokin weapon which maybe why some weapons will never get a prime (I don't expect the ninkondi to get a prime for example).

We have the Seer. That's basically the only "primed" grineer weapon and it's existence even further supports what I said above. So a "Gorgon prime" is very possible to have.

Grineer and Corpus have both been in the void and have had a taste of orokin weapons, disassembling them and what not. There can actually be a "Gorgon prime" but there would have to be another way to farm it.

Saying only tenno weapons can be primed is wrong considering that tenno weapons are based off of orokin weapons (primes). The tenno could easily produce a weapon that isn't based off of any orokin weapon which maybe why some weapons will never get a prime (I don't expect the ninkondi to get a prime for example).

We have the Seer. That's basically the only "primed" grineer weapon and it's existence even further supports what I said above. So a "Gorgon prime" is very possible to have.

Prime weapons, lore wise, were built by Orokin craftsman, and married form with function in a way no faction has copied since.

The Seer was built by Vor as a custom project using a hodge podge of Grineer and Orokin tech until he had something that didn't explode in his hands.

Since the Gorgon was built by the Grineer years after the fall of the Orokin, possibly as a knock off of the Soma (despite Somas being introduced later than Gorgons, but who cares), I doubt we'll be seeing a primed version.

And even if we did, it still doesn't change the fact Gorgons are really, really bad guns.  I know.  I have one from back when you could buy them on the market.  They were good once, but time has not been kind to them.  They kick like a mule, having a 3 second reload time, and deal pitiful amounts of damage.  As a weapon, it's not a viable choice much past Jupiter in the star chart.

Hopefully DE will rework the thing like they did with the Boar, and we'll get a decent gun out of it again.

Actually, the two "special" Gorgons do not suck. The player needs to quit sucking, then maybe those weapons will perform a bit better for the now improved player.

Also, as has been pointed out, the Gorgon is a grineer weapon and therefore has no prime variant.

Lastly: /points and laughs at people complaining about a 3sec reload. Seriously? Whatever. See the first point.

Actually, the two "special" Gorgons do not suck. The player needs to quit sucking, then maybe those weapons will perform a bit better for the now improved player.

Also, as has been pointed out, the Gorgon is a grineer weapon and therefore has no prime variant.

Lastly: /points and laughs at people complaining about a 3sec reload. Seriously? Whatever. See the first point.

no they're bad when compared with the wide majority of automatic primaries, aka they suck,  you could simply compare prisma gorgon to prisma grakata, the latter having more DPS, faster reload, no spooling time, good crits and good status, the wraith is a bit better but the karak wraith throws it in the garbage bin totally