The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daikyu Could Use Some Of That Sniper Buff

Vanadium

The Daikyu doesn't really have a place in this game right now. As a single-shot killer that can't single-shot heavies past 30-35, it's difficult to justify using this weapon. That said, it does have some nice advantages over the other bows:

-Faster Projectile Velocity

-No velocity loss on passing through enemies/obstacles

-Very little projectile drop-off

These kind of give the Daikyu a "sniper-bow" feel. I realize that in this game where you rarely have to shoot an enemy beyond 50m, every bow is kind of a sniper weapon, but the Daikyu makes it much easier to land shots (especially headshots) on far targets and hit enemies behind cover. I think these qualities are reason enough to have it act more like a sniper rifle than as a bow, using the new combo system and maybe a scope.

For a Combo bonus, I think a simple damage bonus (like the Vectis) is fine. Even though it's the weakest (IMO) combo bonus for snipers right now, it's better than nothing at all and Daikyu wouldn't benefit much from the other types of combo bonuses.

For a scope, something like this would be cool, but with much less opacity:

abstract-digital-blasphemy-tunnel.jpg

It gives sort of a digital-zen feel and a tunnel-vision effect that I think would fit a bow.

Or you can just go with a bow scope look, even if that's a little boring:

2200081_eye_1.jpg

I feel like these changes would help make the Daikyu a more usable weapon, at least in game modes that are less rush-y, like Defense and Interception.

For PvP, I can't really say anything since I've never used the Daikyu in PvP. I got killed by it once, but I feel that if you can actually hit someone with the Daikyu in PvP, you deserve that 1-shot kill. From what I've seen, most players just die before they can charge it.

Have you been building Daiku for elemental?

Obviously. It's not about damage, it's about usability. With that firerate, it doesn't matter how much damage it does and if you can get 100% status with just 2 status/dmg mods. Every other bow easily outclasses the Daikyu in damage alone, thanks to 100% crit, not to mention double the firerate (at least). There's not really a reason to use it.

Love the Daikyu, but personally I hate the 1.75 charge rate opposed to 1.00 on most other bows (Rakta Cernos being 0.25).

It makes the bow feel too sluggish with that lockout after firing an arrow compared to the others in my opinion.

If they changed it to have the same charge rate as all other bows I think it would be a much better contender among the bows.

Edited by Teitaka