Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Open Leveling Challenge] Full Loadout 0-30 In 11 Hours

JoeyZero

Hi guys! I decided to attempt to level a full loadout from 0-30 in one sitting to prove to some friends of mine that it's something that can easily be done in a weekend-worth of grinding. My final time was 11 hours, so I figured we could make a little game out of it. :)

Basically, try to beat my time, post your results, and then we can all compare notes. ^_^

From the video description:

I've gotten such mixed responses when asking about the fastest way to level, that I figured it would be best if the community had some drive to "compare notes" and really find the fastest/most streamlined leveling methods in an ojbective, reproduce-able way. So, I invite every to attempt to beat my time, and tell us all how you did it.

RULES:

-All four pieces of equipment must be forma'd (or started if you have just bought/built it) at the same time. The point is to start out with everything unranked.

-If you are leveling WITHOUT the affinity boost, note this when you post your time, and we will consider half of that time to be your final result.

-DO NOT GET CARRIED - It completely defeats the purpose of discovering the fastest method, and is unfair to people in small or 'less competetive' clans.

-Post your results, and what your methods were, so that the community can attempt to reproduce your results.

Just for the record...

With an affinity booster you can level an ember from 1-30 in approx 5 kieste runs at about 15-20 min a pop. Affinity boosters give double exp; so without you're talking about 10-14 runs give or take using primarily her abilities.

So if you add in the 30-45 min to get to about rank 10 it's not unreasonable to level a 4-8 hour window; I went from unranked to forma-ed and capped (ready for another forma) in about 4 hours of gameplay yesterday.

Edited by Bakim0n0

I agree that to level just a warframe w/ weapons that are already level 30 and modded appropriately is easy-peasy, and only takes a few hours (especially with the affinity boost). But remember, the challenge here is to rank up one piece of gear from each slot and see how long it takes. ;) You won't be able to run kiste with your whole loadout sitting at rank 10 unless you want to suck.

Edited by JoeyZero

it definitely is possible to level a frame. ive levelled my saryn 5 times in the past 2 days according to a setup i wanted for her with an affinity booster active. kiste honestly gives a metric S#&$tonne of xp just from using your powers etc. the fastest time to get 0-30 from the 5 resets i did was the second one, within a 2 and half hour window, the rest had breaks in between ofcourse. problem is i dont have enough space on my computer currently to do a full levelling on video, nor do i have a good upload speed for it, or i would gladly do it, guess you'd have to just take my word for it :/

Kiste is honestly better for levelling stuff because with a team that works together, allowing for max spawns, you can basically nuke them in chunks, gaining mad amounts of xp.

Edited by frozenballz

My /played is 50h, ish, after the reset. Excal Prime is forma'd 4 times, Loki is forma'd 2 times, Braton Vandal is forma'd 6 times, Lex is forma'd 3 times. Skana, Skana Prime, Lato, Lato Prime, Lato Vandal, Scindo are 30.

Yeah, leveling is fast.

it definitely is possible to level a frame.

The challenge is for a full loadout. ;)

My /played is 50h, ish, after the reset. Excal Prime is forma'd 4 times, Loki is forma'd 2 times, Braton Vandal is forma'd 6 times, Lex is forma'd 3 times. Skana, Skana Prime, Lato, Lato Prime, Lato Vandal, Scindo are 30.

Yeah, leveling is fast.

Awesome! What's your method?

The challenge is for a full loadout. ;)

Awesome! What's your method?

Affinitybooster on, as a given. After that, I mission-hopped through all system, unlocking hubs and outliers by having friends who start missions for me. After I had the entire system unlocked, I ran void missions and Kappa (Sedna) for XP, mods, credits. I am now looking at 1.5 million credits and a mod rating of about 5000, if I recall correctly. Frost Prime just got done building - will forma him 4 times aswell.

Affinitybooster on, as a given. After that, I mission-hopped through all system, unlocking hubs and outliers by having friends who start missions for me. After I had the entire system unlocked, I ran void missions and Kappa (Sedna) for XP, mods, credits. I am now looking at 1.5 million credits and a mod rating of about 5000, if I recall correctly. Frost Prime just got done building - will forma him 4 times aswell.

Just out of curiosity, what's your kills/hr, currently?

just my opinion, wouldn't it be more fun if there were pauses in this challenge, like start for 2 hours, and then pause the timer and take 30mins-1 hour break, which doesn't count against the time

Stay healthy my comrades.

Edited by belthagor

Actually, I did pause the timer for a few short bio breaks - usually around 10-15 minutes when I needed them. As such, until/unless we start getting down to much shorter periods of time, I don't think it's practical to ask that people keep the timer on during any breaks they might need to take.

Personally, I find marathonning games on stream to be one of the funnest ways to knock out a long grind. But, to each his own.

This competition would be about honesty. If you need to cheat here, none of that matters. ;)

Booyah! Somebody gets it! ^_^
The end goal isn't so much about "Oh man, I can get the fastest time" - it's about determining which methods work best and putting together some "best practices" that people can use to streamline the grind. Yes, you probably could milk some bragging rights out of being the fastest, but just be aware that the bragging rights only go so far as the contribution to the community that your run makes. ;)

So you saying how fast you can get to rank 1-30 in solo games?  Because playing with anyone is a huge advantage, as when you have more people in game in a mobile defense mission you get more enemies which = more xp.

Then comes down to what weapons you using, unranked despair is good, unranked latron prime is also good or bolter.

Edited by MindlessWar

So you saying how fast you can get to rank 1-30 in solo games?  Because playing with anyone is a huge advantage, as when you have more people in game in a mobile defense mission you get more enemies which = more xp.

Then comes down to what weapons you using, unranked despair is good, unranked latron prime is also good or bolter.

I did try pugging defense missions, but we failed every time. I can say with certainty that repeatedly claiming at wave 10 in solo is much faster than repeatedly failing at wave 14 in a group.

I didn't try mobile defense for the grind, though. Do those usually have a better rate of success among leveling pickup groups than regular defense?

*recalls reading a PSA on reddit about how much it sucks having to carry people bringing really underleveled gear to Kiste*

Edited by JoeyZero

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!!!

Lol, but seriously... I'll give that a shot, and if it seems to be a good deal faster, I'll definitely give that a go for my next attempt.

Any ideas on how we can better define 'getting carried' for the purpose of the challenge?

true. Alright, well once my volt is finished building, will forma my ignis dual vipers and fang and try and see how long it takes to do powerlevel em all together and post the results (with an affinity booster active that is) though i think it varies from frame to frame. frames like the saryn or frost that have a really good ulti have an easier time levelling than say.. trinity or ash, who relies quite alot on weapon damage/shiruken than blade storm, since it tends to bug out and by the time you activate it someone else in the group has already nuked everything lol.

will post results once i have everything ready :P

Edited by frozenballz

Suggestion for carry definition:
Queueing up for missions where your average gear level is less than half of the average level of mobs listed in the mission description?

Example:
Running a level 20 frost prime, level 19 Braton, Level 4 Lex, and Level 12 Dual ether, my average level is 13.75

(20 + 19 + 4 + 12) / 4 = 13.75

This means that any mission where the lowest average level of the mobs is greater than 27.5 (which, in this case, would exclude Ceres, Eris, and Pluto). Does that sound fair? Too complex? Should we adjust the metric any? Should we add this to the rules?