Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

The Contacts List

Iceyspy

So recently, i`ve been having this problem where i`d add some of my friends to the contacts list but they would appear offline at all times.Is anyone else having this problem?Does this have anything to do with the region and such?Kind of annoying, since i really wana play with them and i can`t do that because of this bug -_-

Lot's of people (myself included) have been reporting about this error. Only solution people seem to be giving is the FAQ they have for it, but that didn't seem to fix my problem :/

Just going to have to wait and hope for a hotfix or some beautiful Tenno who has fixed this problem and wishes to share his/her wisdom.

You would think this would be a major issue for DE to address, but I haven't heard anyone ask DE this on the livestream or anything. 

Actually, I did try to get in on this during Livestream #7, but they redirected me to the forums for it being too long. So, here we are.

I just got this fixed from support. Turns out I had to open some ports in my router. Make a ticket if your having this problem.

I've sunk a lot of time into fixing this, and port forwarding hasn't done anything. I don't get the strict NAT warning anymore; the "test" comes up with "all systems nominal" every single time now. I've updated firmware on the router, had my ISP assign me a static IP and update my receiver, tried and alternate router, and confirmed that my ISP doesn't block my ports. With these issues seemingly popping up in update 8 it sounds like most people had the game working fine beforehand and that the problem is related to the network coding in the game rather than the player's end. It shouldn't take this much effort just to work around the DE's software - I've never had to muck around with hardware so much in a game, and I'm starting to wonder if the P2P format they've chosen is really viable. Then again, they had it working before with only strict NAT issues, so I have to wonder what broke it in the first place.

DE's, please, look into this. Your game is outstanding and shouldn't suffer such a huge issue just from networking.  =(