The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sad Day...my Account Was Hacked

(PSN)excat_56

Question

Got up for work this morning and saw I had an e mail from Sony that my PSN PIN, password, and e-mail addressed was changed when I was asleep....though WTF, that's weird. Yep, I got hacked...

To top it off, I get access back to my account, get home from work, log into warframe...everything...gone...

All my plat, weapons, frames.....all gone...RIP :( 

Watch you stuff guys...there's low lives out there...

Oh my. Sorry to hear that.

I believe there are so many jumper accounts used to stealing plats. Also with different IP setup. They must be taken down too.

Hope the server log got the detailed informations on it and have the backup of accounts.

Few weeks ago (still u17 on ps4) i consigned to lotus care one of my puppies caus a controls bug on ps4 that used to press twice a button

I opened a ticket and they replied and given back the puppy to me after 4-5 days so dont worry, everything is signed, you will get back everything, no need to keep this thread alive, will not help you but Warframe Support will do

Contact Digital Extremes Support ASAP with a Support Ticket. And I mean AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. While the account logs are still fresh.

Take screenshots of the e-mails detailing the unauthorized changes to your PSN account and send them in with the support ticket. With any luck, your Warframe account can be rolled back and the IP(s) of whoever accessed your account nuked from orbit (and any Warframe accounts your items or platinum were sent to nuked as well).

idk why, when i read it. I read it fast like as if someone was about to die. <:

PLease dont nuke me from orbit

jk

That's for the mods to deal with.

Or do you have no sympathy?

Just alerting so that a warning point isn't issued at some other point. Essentially, a sympathetic action.

What I should have said was that this isn't even a matter for Warframe forums at all, and instead something that should be brought up with Playstation Network and Sony Entertainment entirely, as they can revert changes done to an account as a whole. Bringing up the topic here really just beats around the bush; the person who "hacked" the account still has the information and can simply forward all of the platinum refunded to another account if DE just reverts the changes. Sony, how ever, can change how the account as a whole is dealt with.

It is for this reason that I don't like having to use my PSN credentials to log into this site. They should change that somehow.

Today is a good reason of why I don't like using my PSN id to have to log in....with PSN being down right now (sigh...again), I can't even log into the support side of Warframe to see if my ticket has been looked at. I understand the convenience of it though too. 

More and more games are moving over to using your PSN sign in info too...

Well- people started working again at DE so your ticket can be answered now. It's only a matter of time.

Best of luck to you. If you get your stuff back i would appreciate an update on the situation though.

I am also really interested about what happened to the people responsible.

Well- people started working again at DE so your ticket can be answered now. It's only a matter of time.

Best of luck to you. If you get your stuff back i would appreciate an update on the situation though.

I am also really interested about what happened to the people responsible.

Thanks. I'll keep the thread updated when I hear something. It would be nice if they could track the ip number down and ban the account ip number all together.

My clan mates keep saying they want all the stuff associated to that account liquidated to me for pain and suffering, lol.  

Also, another update, did full virus,spyware,malware scan on my pc and phone, came up with nodda :/ 

(Thinking out loud here)...The weird thing about it is I never got a "i forgot my password e-mail" or anything like that, so that person knew my password or know a way to bypass a password all together. I don't have guessable passwords either, all contain special characters, numbers, and letters..... 

Edited by (PS4)excat_56

**Just to update...still no update. My support ticket shows no activity. Sigh...**

**Edit: Biggest disappointment is all the sorties I can't do, and they are supposed to be releasing the holiday plat items soon. I don't really want to do anything with my account since I don't know how it works on their back end on seeing the history of my account. **

Edited by (PS4)excat_56

Part of this guy's shadow clan. DE needs to get on this. We were all on that night in a party chat and got the message from him that morning.

It's total BS, he can't even play.

And if DE can't or won't give him his stuff back I'm headed back to FFXIV if that's how things work here when players get ruined.

Well normally support is pretty- well supportive. People who accidentally sell stuff even get their stuff back so a full on account take-over should be resolved.

I could imagine that DE has a huge backlog though. They weren't working between 23.12 (last day before christmas) and 04.01 (first monday after new-years). That are more than 10 days of backlog and support usually needs a few days anyway, since A LOT of people send in support-tickets each day. If you then take a look at the increased number of players who actually were playing, since it was holiday season and everyone had time on their hands, the number should increase even more.

It is not that they will not help at all, the problem is, that support (as usual) is overloaded and it will take more time.

My only problem with this is, that i do not understand why DE does not hire more support guys. On the other hand, they might already have done that but warframe, as a growing game, gets more and more players every day, so even if support gets upgrades, it is still to much of a workload.

Got up for work this morning and saw I had an e mail from Sony that my PSN PIN, password, and e-mail addressed was changed when I was asleep....though WTF, that's weird. Yep, I got hacked...

To top it off, I get access back to my account, get home from work, log into warframe...everything...gone...

All my plat, weapons, frames.....all gone...RIP :( 

Watch you stuff guys...there's low lives out there...

Oh Lotus that's awful, sorry to hear that =(

Please contact http://support.warframe.com/ immediately. If you have already done so I will inform them of your ticket so that they can begin investigating.