The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please End The Founders Program Soon.

Obscene

I think it should be kept open for awhile i mean who really cares about the exclusiveness, its a great deal for players and its a great way for DE to make money while developing the game

shhh, let them kids believe they're special cuz of a stupid badge.

/sarcasm.

Yup, so that we can keep getting immature responses like this.

Considering the subject matter at hand, I'm not sure what type of reply you are or were expecting.

As much as you present your points in a calmly civilized manner, your points are pretty... well everyone else has said it; related to a need to feel to be "known" as one of the guys/gals who has been here since closed beta and has so generously put $250 in the game, showing his great charity and generosity in times of need.

It is the sentiment of a lot of people here, they are after the vanity badge, they want it to become "rare" and "exclusive" so they can flaunt it around; I have even been told by one guy that my opinion does not matter because "you're only a disciple" (and by the gods I have seen many founders in general talk down free players like they're scum), so unfortunately that does help cement a good image about founders in general, neither does this thread in particular.

So I'd say yes, when the main argument to end it is to protect its "exclusivity" regardless if it loses the devs money (and trust me on this, their finances department must have had analized this a thousand times over, if it were harming their profits it would've been ended) is not only pretty petty, but goes against your initial sentiment of wanting the game to fluorish.

All because you want your badge to be rare.

How about ending it when out of Beta for the general population, but keep it running for those that are founders so they can upgrade anytime they would like.

This would lock in the number of founders while allowing the founders to progress within the Founders framework.

Edited by Fiia

How about ending it when out of Beta for the general population, but keep it running for those that are founders so they can upgrade anytime they would like.

This would lock in the number of founders while allowing the founders to progress within the Founders framework.

That would be nice indeed, maybe add a supporter package with different perks, enticing post-beta players to buy it, and pre-release players to buy it aswell.

Honestly the reasons I bought founders are two...

1. It was the only option that allowed me to do twenty bucks with one purchase (I have an odd thing about always having to pay in increments of 20, don't judge me)

2. Even if I were to buy two $10 packs, that would come out at 340 plat, with this pack I got 370.

Optional : 

3. I also get to upgrade if I want to for even better prices in plat.

Each day that passes it becomes less exclusive.

I'm currently unemployed and plan to become founder the day I get a job. A lot of other people are saving money to become founders or improve it's pack. And the more money the dev team get, the better this game can turn.

So thanks for thinking about others rather than only your "exclusive status".

SetAbominae, on 05 Jun 2013 - 2:20 PM, said:

Considering the subject matter at hand, I'm not sure what type of reply you are or were expecting.

As much as you present your points in a calmly civilized manner, your points are pretty... well everyone else has said it; related to a need to feel to be "known" as one of the guys/gals who has been here since closed beta and has so generously put $250 in the game, showing his great charity and generosity in times of need.

It is the sentiment of a lot of people here, they are after the vanity badge, they want it to become "rare" and "exclusive" so they can flaunt it around; I have even been told by one guy that my opinion does not matter because "you're only a disciple" (and by the gods I have seen many founders in general talk down free players like they're scum), so unfortunately that does help cement a good image about founders in general, neither does this thread in particular.

So I'd say yes, when the main argument to end it is to protect its "exclusivity" regardless if it loses the devs money (and trust me on this, their finances department must have had analized this a thousand times over, if it were harming their profits it would've been ended) is not only pretty petty, but goes against your initial sentiment of wanting the game to fluorish.

I have never stated that is why I want it changed exclusively. I want another pack I can purchase for more platinum. As of now, I cant purchase another Founders pack, so DE is losing money, as I wont put money toward Plat packs, that are a far worse deal.

/thread.

These guys supporting thise idea want to be known.

Well have a guess, by posting this kind of crappy topic, you're just giving a general "bad" meaning to the badge you're carrying. 

I have never stated that is why I want it changed exclusively. I want another pack I can purchase for more platinum. As of now, I cant purchase another Founders pack, so DE is losing money, as I wont put money toward Plat packs, that are a far worse deal.

They are losing your money and getting money from everyone else who's buying founders in any case.

You could ask for different platinum packs without wanting to end founders, yet you want to end founders; there's no reason why another pack with different perks can't co-exist with founders.

Edit : There's also no reason why they can't merely make :

-An extra tier of founders (oober master of mastery or whatever)

-Alternative founder packages, one with full plat - no special perks, another with more special perks but less plat.

-Supporter packages.

-Regular platinum sales.

-Alternative platinum packages (you get no mods but get more plat instead)

Edited by SetAbominae

I love all of the rude people on here who think their opinion is sooooo much more important than everyone elses...

shhh, let them kids believe they're special cuz of a stupid badge.

/sarcasm.

Me personally, I think talking "down" to someone is wrong, and says volumes about poor character.

But I have absolutely no problem treating idiots like they're idiots.  I try not to be rude about it, but sometimes I can't quite do it.  When that happens, I'm wrong, and ought to be called out for it.

I don't give a damn whether my contribution to DE gets me a shiny forum badge or not.  I know I'm not entitled to anything in this world, and nothing about this video game changes that.  I bought in because it got me about a half-ton of plat, and because DE has made a very good game, which continues to have flaws, none of which -DESPITE the constant trolling of whiny idiots- is anything worse than annoying, and I was looking forward to spending the plat on potatoes and slots so I could play with more of the content and kick more &#!.  I also know that my opinion isn't worth any more than anyone else's.  I'm no better than anybody else, but there's lots that are better than me.

On topic, as long as the Founders Program continues to generate revenue, I think it ought to be continued.  DE exists to make a profit, and if the FP does that, then keep selling it to everyone who wants it.  When the day comes that DE chooses to end it, I think Filia's idea is a good one.  I'd like to continue to take advantage of the bonuses available for buying up, and I think others might as well.

are u jealous of others buying the founder?

they should close the founder when its is Official!

Founder is for the open n close beta..u should hav know it!

Before you talk about things you do not have all of the info on, you should do some research. The Founders pack was meant to be for Closed Beta participants only, which you would know if you had been a CBT. DE made multiple statements, and issued warnings regarding it's end, which was to be March 16th. 

The fact of the matter is, that it should never have been open to open beta participants in the first place, so lets set that straight.

Secondly, if it does not matter, why are so many people opposed to it closing and them opening up a supporters package instead? If you people who are so rudely defending the stance of keeping it open, truly do not care, why be so vocal about it? Why not be on board for a supporters pack, that current founders could also purchase? Is it because you want to be a "Founder" even though you scoff at others for wanting exclusivity, which by the way is what it was originally intended for.

If you truly do not care, you should be all for DE creating another package, that EVERYONE, including current founders can purchase, as this will open up their possible revenue by a massive amount...

Think about all of the Grand Masters who can no longer purchase the packs, but have money to spend... That is a great deal of possible income, at least another 1000-1500 people to purchase even more. 

So lets cut the childish, blatantly stupid insults, because you think you understand the situation, and your opinion trumps other peoples views/feelings, and propose solid ideas and suggestions that can work for everyone. 

Edited by Zackai

Each day that passes it becomes less exclusive.

Who cares about Exclusivity when its about making money? if your spending up to $100 or more on a game, then you damn well deserve to be considered a "founder" and get all the perks...Founders program doesn't ever need to end nor does the title need to be stripped away.

Edited by Filial-Devotion

Who cares about Exclusivity when its about making money? if your spending up to $100 or more on a game, then you damn well deserve to be considered a "founder" and get all the perks...Founders program doesn't ever need to end nor does the title need to be stripped away.

Yes it does, so I can buy another pack... 

Edited by Zackai

I'm currently unemployed and plan to become founder the day I get a job. A lot of other people are saving money to become founders or improve it's pack. And the more money the dev team get, the better this game can turn.

So thanks for thinking about others rather than only your "exclusive status".

This, very much this. If I wasn't unemployed I'd have become a Founder awhile ago. 

What, do Founders lose the ability to buy Platinum? If you really want to spend another $250 on the game (or whatever amount you so choose) then you'd do it, not wait for them to release another super-savings pack that may or may not actually happen. 

Edited by CorrTerek

So you would F*** up the money they're getting from ALL the guys that are still planning on become founders just so you can get more plat for nice deals.

Brilliant logic.

I take it you do not have a formal education in anything business related. If they ditched the Founders package and open up a support package, as I have already EXPLAINED, then they would be expanding their possible revenue by then allowing current founders to purchase addition packages. 

Right now, as a Grand Master, you can not purchase the Founders packs again, so until they get rid of it and bring out another pack that we can buy, they are losing out on our money.

Now, go read a book and settle down. 

This, very much this. If I wasn't unemployed I'd have become a Founder awhile ago. 

What, do Founders lose the ability to buy Platinum? If you really want to spend another $250 on the game (or whatever amount you so choose) then you'd do it, not wait for them to release another super-savings pack that may or may not actually happen. 

Yes because the people who have spent $250 on Founders packs for the 8800 plat, are going to spend another $200 on regular plat packages to only get 4400 plat.... You have some silly logic... Remind me not to let you ever handle my money. 

I take it you do not have a formal education in anything business related. If they ditched the Founders package and open up a support package, as I have already EXPLAINED, then they would be expanding their possible revenue by then allowing current founders to purchase addition packages. 

Right now, as a Grand Master, you can not purchase the Founders packs again, so until they get rid of it and bring out another pack that we can buy, they are losing out on our money.

Now, go read a book and settle down. 

If you are that desperate to keep spending there are Platinum bundles. You needn't be asking for a new type of 'Founders' package just to justify spending again if supporting the game is what you want to do so badly.