The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ice Wave Impedance

BabyBomi

Question

I put a maxed ice wave impedance on my frost prime and it doesn't seem to make a difference? My power duration is 27% so I thought that was the problem, took off a mod and it went to 88%. It still didn't make a difference.

What's the problem? The augment should make ice wave stay for 12 seconds (as it states) right?

10 answers to this question

The Ice Wave crystals will not stay, it's only an animation. What Ice Wave Impedance adds is a trail of frost where Ice Wave travelled, which stays by default for 12 seconds at max mod rank. This duration is affected by Power Duration both positively and negatively, so at 88% Power Duration the frost trail will stay for 10.56 seconds.

The Ice Wave crystals will not stay, it's only an animation. What Ice Wave Impedance adds is a trail of frost where Ice Wave travelled, which stays by default for 12 seconds at max mod rank. This duration is affected by Power Duration both positively and negatively, so at 88% Power Duration the frost trail will stay for 10.56 seconds.

Ok thanks, I'll try to look for the trail of frost. Since I'm going for a strength and efficiency build, it takes power duration as a toll. Does that mean I just shouldn't equip any augments or should I change my build somehow?

Ok thanks, I'll try to look for the trail of frost. Since I'm going for a strength and efficiency build, it takes power duration as a toll. Does that mean I just shouldn't equip any augments or should I change my build somehow?

Im guessing you have Transient Fortitude on? If you have enough room for a Primed Continuity and the augment then it could still work. Can I see your build?

I would recommend using Chilling Globe to add an additional defense to your Snow Globe. Frost has plenty of slows/stuns built into his powers- Freeze's small patch of slowing frost if cast on surfaces, Ice Wave's Cold proc, Snow Globe's flash freeze knockback on cast + blizzard inside, and Avalanche's freeze. Ice Wave Impedance is just another convenience, best used with both range and duration mods.

Im guessing you have Transient Fortitude on? If you have enough room for a Primed Continuity and the augment then it could still work. Can I see your build?

Rejuvenation (I will forma that slot and put energy siphon)

Streamline

R9 Redirection

R9 Vitality

Flow

Intensify

Ice wave impedance

R6 Blind rage

R4 Transient Fortitude

I also have fleeting expertise, vigor, and steel fiber which I occasionally switch on (I took off fleeting expertise for ice wave impedance).

Rejuvenation (I will forma that slot and put energy siphon)

Streamline

R9 Redirection

R9 Vitality

Flow

Intensify

Ice wave impedance

R6 Blind rage

R4 Transient Fortitude

I also have fleeting expertise, vigor, and steel fiber which I occasionally switch on (I took off fleeting expertise for ice wave impedance).

If we consider that you will not rely on a Trinity or spamming restores, then I would focus more on efficiency to have cheap, spammable abilities, but that's just my preference. In that case I would replace Vitality, Flow, and Transient Fortitude with a Rank 5 Fleeting Expertise, a Rank 6 Narrow Minded, and a maxed out Stretch. You'll still have about the same Power Range while being able to spam abilities more at the cost of Power Strength, though if it's just for Defense then spamming globes will stack so it shouldn't be much of an issue.

If you were going for a bit of a Battle Mage build then just replace Vitality with Stretch. Only reason I prefer Redirection more is because Frost has more shields than HP so you should take advantage of that. If you want to spam abilities instead then replace Vitality and Streamline with Fleeting expertise and Primed Continuity if you have it.

If you are fine with the Power Efficiency though and/or have a good spurce of energy then the build you have know should be fine. I'm still not that comfortable with Vitality on Frost, but again that's just me.

I don't really do Power Strength builds often unless it's on really high-damage frames, but a way I would build my Frost is:

Rejuvenation

R5 Streamline

R3 Fleeting Expertise

Redirection

Narrow Minded

Stretch

Primed Continuity

Ice Wave Impedence

Intensify

Power Drift (Exilus)

It's a pretty balanced build that's focus a bit on duration for Impedence and strength for globe and his ult (for when I want to clear some trash mobs) that is also spammable, which I like. Range is a bit difficult since for Defense missions you don't want the globe to be too big, but you also want some range for the aug to work out well. Since you have a good amount of duration his ult can be used as CC as well by freezing nearby enemies in place.

Edited by Yazeth

If we consider that you will not rely on a Trinity or spamming restores, then I would focus more on efficiency to have cheap, spammable abilities, but that's just my preference. In that case I would replace Vitality, Flow, and Transient Fortitude with a Rank 5 Fleeting Expertise, a Rank 6 Narrow Minded, and a maxed out Stretch. You'll still have about the same Power Range while being able to spam abilities more at the cost of Power Strength, though if it's just for Defense then spamming globes will stack so it shouldn't be much of an issue.

If you were going for a bit of a Battle Mage build then just replace Vitality with Stretch. Only reason I prefer Redirection more is because Frost has more shields than HP so you should take advantage of that. If you want to spam abilities instead then replace Vitality and Streamline with Fleeting expertise and Primed Continuity if you have it.

If you are fine with the Power Efficiency though and/or have a good spurce of energy then the build you have know should be fine. I'm still not that comfortable with Vitality on Frost, but again that's just me.

I don't really do Power Strength builds often unless it's on really high-damage frames, but a way I would build my Frost is:

Rejuvenation

R5 Streamline

R3 Fleeting Expertise

Redirection

Narrow Minded

Stretch

Primed Continuity

Ice Wave Impedence

Intensify

Power Drift (Exilus)

It's a pretty balanced build that's focus a bit on duration for Impedence and strength for globe and his ult (for when I want to clear some trash mobs) that is also spammable, which I like. Range is a bit difficult since for Defense missions you don't want the globe to be too big, but you also want some range for the aug to work out well. Since you have a good amount of duration his ult can be used as CC as well by freezing nearby enemies in place.

I think I'll just go without the augment, it doesn't seem that useful to me. Maybe chilling globe will be a better choice in my situation