The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ignis, It Is Worth It? Spoiler: Yes! (With Video)

Kazeokuman

A lot of folks have asked if the IGNIS is good for more than just a laugh. The answer is: very much yes.

It does a lot of damage and, with the right mods, it is just as useful as many of the other weapons in the game.

Do you agree, or disagree?!  WHHHYYYYyyyyyyyy!

A high level IGNIS in action:

That video doesn't impress. 25 is only mid level and it doesn't seem that awesome. Will I have one eventually? Yes. Does it look like it needs a buff? Ohgodyes.

It is true that the enemies in this video are only mid level.  However, it solo'ed a mid level boss, which I think is great.  I needed a tough enemy with more hitpoints than a Level 42 Ancient.  

A good buff would be just 3 or 5 damage more per "round"    OOOORRRRRR a critical chance of 10% (even a 5% critical chance would be a big improvement).  

I don't want to sound like a $&*^ but I can kill hyena with Boltor under less then 10sec. I am apperently missing something here... How  exactly does this video proves that Ignis is usefull?

Edited by CatScratch

It looked impressive, until I decided to try solo the Hyena myself... 

Would be better if this gun applied a DOT, rather than just direct damage.

The Ignis tops out at 2.3K DPS before resistances, which isn't all that impressive, considering a Braton with pretty much the same setup will give you about 1000 more.

In all honesty I want the continuous weapons to be good, but at the moment their only real use is novelty. Though I'm still about a week away from getting one so I'll hold judgement until then.

The comments about the Despair, Boltor, and Braton are spot on.  The BOAR, KUNAI, and GRAKATA have a similar performance as well.  One difference is that the IGNIS shoots fire... 

I literally shoots fire   O.O

Worth the forma? I think it will be a personal preference... that is, until the developers adjust the new weapons.

Ignis should really have innate puncture. Its DPS should also be high to compensate for the low range, low ammo efficiency, and difficulty of use (relatively). On a fun scale of one to ten though, it's definitely an elefun. Really need to try out the Flux Rifle before I heavily invest into it, though.

If he had tossed 2 useless mods(Due to rank) and speed trigger(Which has no effect) and add in the fire and light damage(High ranked), he would be doing more damage.

Confirmed, speed trigger currently does nothing on the IGNIS.