Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Monthly Allowance For Founders

DeadlyNerd

I'm probably going to get flak for this but I think it's only fair to grant monthly allowance to founders depending on the size of the pack.

Nothing too high, just about enough to show appreciation for supporting the game.

I'm not presenting this because I need plat(I'm not even a founder), but because even if one pays the price of a retail game, he'll still have to keep paying to be able to use premium content later on.

DE needs to eat and all, I know, but isn't it a bit arrogant and cheeky to keep asking for more money even though the player pretty much bought the game as retail.

This is not a suggestion, but just an opinion and I'd like to see how the community reacts to this, specially founders.

Edited by DeadlyNerd

Not needed whatsoever... plus I throw money at DE because I love the game... honestly not a whole lot worth spending plat on really... I almost exclusively spend it on forma / taters as it is since buying weapons / warframes just robs me of gameplay.

They are asking me for money? :o Nowai I give because I want to support the game not because I want something from them.

Also thanks for your opinion, I feel kinda flattered that you want to know our opinion xD

If they want to give me more plat I am fine with that but as you can see it is really not needed. Most of us that are founders will do what we can to support the game. Now when it officially comes out it would be cool to get a few extras like storage space for weapons and all. Overall an allowance is not needed.

Not needed whatsoever... plus I throw money at DE because I love the game... honestly not a whole lot worth spending plat on really... I almost exclusively spend it on forma / taters as it is since buying weapons / warframes just robs me of gameplay.

Baki gets it. I'm in agreement with this post.

Er...

I guess like 20 plat per month would be kinda neat. "Here, have a free pototo or forma."

But then again, I was reminded of Planetside 2's subscription system which is pretty much a different thing. >_>;

Edited by tsubasakuroi

Sawblade101, on 04 Jun 2013 - 3:53 PM, said:

Really unnecessary. I've still got nearly 2000 plat left from my masters package, I hate to think how much the grand masters have kicking around.

I bought three frames and two weapon packs. Most has gone to mods and forma. I have as of right now 4008 plat left.

Fair enough, point taken.

Surprising though, how selfless everyone is considering all the threads about "outrageous" platinum prices going around.

The concern is that a single item costs as much as full games (several if you don't buy them on release) or that a standard monthly subscription to an MMO gets you less than a couple nights' worth of void runs. This doesn't solve that problem, if anything it would exacerbate it. Edited by Kyrkitao

The concern is that a single item costs as much as full games (several if you don't buy them on release) or that a standard monthly subscription to an MMO gets you less than a couple nights' worth of void runs. This doesn't solve that problem, if anything it would exacerbate it.

Not exactly. It solves it in a way.

Founders would get a number of insured void runs through that monthly allowance. It would be their own fault if they spent it on warframes/weapon packs/cosmetics, or in turn if they spent their allowance on void runs instead of cosmetics/warframes/weapon packs.

Edited by DeadlyNerd

To mee it's just much better to get weapons and warframes ingame, with no cost. Buying with plat it's expensive though.

Things that actually matter are cheap on plat. Namely slots, potatoes and forma.

That said, if by monthly allowance you mean something around 20-30 plat, then I'd like it, sure. A free slot/forma/potato per month is a nice bonus, and more of a gesture of goodwill than anything else.

That said, although that'd be nice, I'm perfectly fine without it.

Only thing I would have liked with my founders is something to make life a little easier, but not a lot. Something like extra 10% materials per drop would have been nice.

After resetting I haven't spent a single plat yet, and doubt I will until slots are needed. As Bakim0n0 said, there's not really a lot of stuff you need to spend plat on if you got the time to farm it outside of slots and colours.

That said, if by monthly allowance you mean something around 20-30 plat, then I'd like it, sure. A free slot/forma/potato per month is a nice bonus, and more of a gesture of goodwill than anything else.

That's pretty much what I said in OP, a token of appreciation for supporting the game.

Considering the price of the Grand Master...I remember many games with subscriptions offering lifetime subscriptions( games lifetime, not yours) for similar prices or less. I love the game and don't regret supporting it, but I would much rather have paid a flat fee for access to all content over this. Maybe not unlock everything, but take away the main plat incentives...instant build times, unlimited weapon/frame slots, all things build with a potato, access to all blueprints for credits, polarization without forma. Another example is a F2P MOBA called smite....for a flat fee you can have access to all current and future gods released for the game, but you still have to pay for or earn cosmetic skins and voice packs.

Flak granted.  I think think this is a pretty darn bad idea.  As it is, many founders have excess plat.  If you give them a monthly stipend, you're basically ensuring that they will never need to spend another dime on the game.  Besides, we already got the best deal around on plat; I don't personally feel that DE needs to sweeten the pot anymore.

I just started listening to outrun elektro and I was thinking it would be great if DE showed their appreciation of my supporting their game by buying me a ferrari

Someone already asked for a porche, DE only gives away cars from only 1 manufacturer.