Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Star Citizen Thread

Nero9937

It looks interesting, except for the FPS module, which looks like clunky trash. Decent price to get into it, not a fan of the real-world ship buying but I guess it makes sense, and they're better in my eyes than FD is right now. Success or failure, the game will make history.

Tell me, is it completely multiplayer or do you have the option to not play with other players like Elite does? That'll be the decider for me.

Wait for No Man's Sky.

Wait for a completely different game? How mysterious.

It looks interesting, except for the FPS module, which looks like clunky trash. Decent price to get into it, not a fan of the real-world ship buying but I guess it makes sense, and they're better in my eyes than FD is right now. Success or failure, the game will make history.

Tell me, is it completely multiplayer or do you have the option to not play with other players like Elite does? That'll be the decider for me.

Wait for a completely different game? How mysterious.

Some stuff can be played in singleplayer, and some stuff not. vanduul swarm  and the entire squadron 42 campaign is soloable, but MMO Universe is obviously MMO

Some stuff can be played in singleplayer, and some stuff not. vanduul swarm  and the entire squadron 42 campaign is soloable, but MMO Universe is obviously MMO

So no option to play in something like a private group? Bleh. Not as fun gazing at beautiful space scenery only to have CMDR_UR_MUM_XD skid into your hull for laughs.

I mean, yeah, cool, MMO, but it'd be nice to have a space sim like that without running into other people, because other people are wankers and they like to try and interdict me while I'm minding my own business and have zero cargo then take on my decked-out Cobra with a frigging Viper that they can't pilot-

Where was I

No man's sky is a completely different approach to a similar genre. I prefer the realistic feeling that star citizen gives you over the cartoony style of no man's sky

Plus, Star Citizen is a space sim, with a somewhat more realistic approach to flight, economies and the universe itself.

No Man's Sky is all about that exploration. There are many more differences than just how they look.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

So no option to play in something like a private group? Bleh. Not as fun gazing at beautiful space scenery only to have CMDR_UR_MUM_XD skid into your hull for laughs.

I mean, yeah, cool, MMO, but it'd be nice to have a space sim like that without running into other people, because other people are wankers and they like to try and interdict me while I'm minding my own business and have zero cargo then take on my decked-out Cobra with a frigging Viper that they can't pilot-

Where was I

Plus, Star Citizen is a space sim, with a somewhat more realistic approach to flight, economies and the universe itself

No Man's Sky is all about that exploration

Everything playable solo can also be played in private groups, but MMO is always gonna be MMO

Plus, Star Citizen is a space sim, with a somewhat more realistic approach to flight, economies and the universe itself.

No Man's Sky is all about that exploration. There are many more differences than just how they look.

That being said, i'll probably get no man's sky as well, whenever it's available.

That being said, i'll probably get no man's sky as well, whenever it's available.

Same. There's nothing else that fills its niche, and it looks interesting.

Kinda like Fortnite, actually. Similarities with other games, but the premise is more than enough to be new.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Looking forward to the expansion of the mini-universe they're testing atm.

It's a lot of fun even just with the environment they've started with.

As for solo/multi stuff you'll be able to host a private server if you want but in the Persistent Universe you'll have some control over how many PC encounters you have vs NPC. They've said they're still working out how it'll get managed in the launch of the PU but imagine a slider that goes from only NPCs except in Nullsec (and even then reduced PC encounters) to every PC encounter possible.

They can do that sort of thing due to the General Instance Manager working out who's in the same 'space' at the same time where instances can come and go and merge (or 'unmerge'? maybe deintegrate...) with player movement. They're not static like in most MMOs.

Edited by Krjal

why limit yourself to one, just play both, no mans sky and star citizen. keep in mind, no mans sky will come out in the middle of this year, star citizen most likely wont be ready before 2017.

but let me tell you, I enjoy the way you fly with semi real physics, its a different beast when fighting other players in star citizen arena commander.

anyway for people yet not registered that are interested to take a look into the alpha, my referral code is STAR-74XF-Z43Y, anyone registering with this code will automatically get 5,000 UEC to spend in Voyager Direct store (you can get decorations or even ship modules with it)

Edited by (PS4)CptCosmic

My dinosaur potato computer cannot run it anymore, need to buy a new one but I will do so closer to the Beta release.

Hornet Ghost huh? thats a pretty expensive package and a pretty role specific ship, I guess you envision yourself to be doing a lot of ship combat when the game gets done. Glad its fun so early in development.