The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Constant Pc Freeze After About 5 Minutes.

masterkill59

Lately i wanted to revisit warframe so i downloaded it and now, i cant play for more than 5 minutes before the game fully freezes my PC and i have to restart it with the power supply button. Last time i played it (which was a wile ago), everything was going fine.

It doesn't matter what i do, it's going to freeze even if i'm just standing around my ship doing nothing.

I've tried lowering my settings, disabling about everything there is to disable and ive locked my fps to 60 but nothing.

All my drivers are up to date.

Hopefully you can help.

System

CPU:                    Intel Core i7-3770K 3.50GHz 8-Core

Motherboard:      Asus P8-H77-M PRO

Memory:             2x4gb DDR3-1600

Graphics Card:   GTX 780

If your PC is fully freezing, that indicates a hardware failure.

Check to make sure your fans and heatsinks are free of dust and that your PC receives sufficient airflow; overheating may cause your PC to freeze/lock-up, especially if it's due to an overheating GPU (although it will more commonly bluescreen).

Just curious, does sound continue to play even though your screen freezes? If sound continues to play and react to your input (i.e. You can hear your Tenno walking when you move, or jump when you hit space), then it means your graphics card may be experiencing a failure where it stops rendering; this could be due to a hardware failure or a faulty driver.

Also, have you tried pressing Ctrl + Alt + Delete to bring up the system menu (Lock/Switch User/Task Manager)? If your PC is still responding to input this may break it out of a frozen screen.

Though if your sound also locks up when the screen freezes and Ctrl + Alt + Delete doesn't help, then it could be CPU, RAM related, or even a problem with the OS; at this point your PC *should* be blue screening, but if it's not then that could indicate an OS issue (specifically that the OS and CPU do not recognize a system fault is occurring).

Rydian: Can i do that myself or do i have to bring it somewhere ?

Letter13: No i cant hear anything or open task manager.

Ill look into if it's my pc that's causing the freezing but i'm not having any issues with any other games.

Edited by masterkill59