Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Faction Concept + New Warframe Concept (Rogue Faction)

mwolfamirgaulm

So i usually don't come on the forums, so i don't know if this idea has been posted yet but i was thinking about the fact that i would like to see a new faction in the game. I know that we already have a lot of factions (also the sentient are introduced now in the game and you can fight them as a full blown faction). Along with the new faction would come a new warframe. This faction will be a rogue faction that will not bow down for either corpus or grineer.

(i'm sorry in advance for all my grammer mistakes, i'm not that good with english XD)

So i would like to see a pirate faction in game. I know it sounds a bit stupid if you say it like that 'space pirates'; but hey we are 'space ninjas' XD. This faction is also meant as more 'end-game' so will be tougher then enemies on all other planets. I know this is a lot of text but please give it a try, it is also opinion based, it would be something i like to see so please no hate. Also i will probably be updating this post so if you have good ideas please post them in the comments. If i implement an idea from you i will write your name down by the idea that you found it.

Lore:

When the civilizations crumbled and  everyone turned on each other after the war, we provided shelter for the ones that needed it and gave weapons for the ones who wanted to protect the one they loved. But after time went on our organization grew, more and more people wanted to join us, we had become the savior, no the me messiah of the people who had survived the war. There were no longer tenno to protect them, no soldiers, no orokin or even sentient. We stole from the rich and gave it to the poor. That is how our organization became strong. After some time we became big enough to fight of the grineer and the corpus. We are fewer in number but our technology is superior. We succesfully fused grineer and corpus technology together, creating countless variaties of soldiers. Then we also added infested technology. We injected the chosen few with the right DNA with infested spores that were modified. They form the elite troops. they are stronger and faster than the grineer or corpus ever could be. And four of us succesfully added all four technologies together we used grineer, corpus, infested and orokin technology that people thought to be lost. We injected ourselves with special modified spores then armoured and shielded our bodies and finally boosted our abilities with the orokin technology. We are superior to everyone even to the tenno. We do not longer want to steal from the rich and give it to the poor. No, we shall conquer with our superior technology. We are in fewer numbers now but when we start to take the planets away from the grineer and corpus, we shall prevail and for the absolute victory, we shall obliterate the tenno who created the world after the war, it was their fault and they shall pay for what they have done. My three disciples are known as Pallas, Hygiea and Interamnia and I leader Vesta shall bring victory for our people who are loyal to us. Then we will strip of their technology from their bodies and make our troopers even stronger and we will make from ourselves gods.

Faction:

So as mentioned in the lore they use all the technology they get their hands on. So in one and the same mission you can encounter armored enemies as well as enemies who use shields as the corpus. You will also have elite troopers who will be using shields as the corpus but won't have 'flesh' health but armored health. So we will start to see combinations a bit like in the void but even further because enemies can now have shields and armor at the same time.

Also new mission variant will appear, instead of crossfire, we will have war where all five factions clash and you have to do the objective while infested, grineer, corpus, rogue faction/pirate faction and sentient appear.

Tileset:

The tileset will be on the Asteroid belt (from there i have also found my inspiration for the names of the bosses). This will be seen as one planet on the navigation module in your ship. This planet will be a lot bigger and have at least 2 times more missions than any other planet. Also there will be four boss fights marked on the map. Pallas, Hygiea and Interamnia must be defeated first before you can defeat the leader Vesta.

Enemies:

Trooper (70% of enemies):

- armored unit

- shielded unit

Elite trooper (27% of enemies):

- shielded unit with armored health

Trooper leader (2% of enemies):

- Shielded unit with armored health; also uses infested technology making his armour harder than that of the elite troopers and troopers. His movements will be faster and he will also do increased damage.

Absolute leader:

- same as Trooper leader but equipped with a jetpack and rockets just like the in the grineer faction.

all enemies use both corpus and grineer weapons, so you can expect a wide variety of weapons you will have to counter against.

Levels:

The level of the enemies will range from 45 - 100. The only exception to that is the boss Vesta who will be of lvl150.

Bosses:

The boss Pallas will be lvl50 => Drops warfame helmet and weapon receiver

The boss Hygiea will be lvl70 => drops warframe chassis and weapon stock

The boss interamnia will be lvl100 => drops warframe systems and weapon barrel

The boss Vesta will be lvl150 => drops warframe and weapon bleuprint

=> The bosses will all drop a weapon part for a new weapon that uses both grineer and corpus technology. It will be a rocket launcher and will be a main weapon, it will be a multieshot rocket launcher that uses special grenades infused with dark matter, they will create upon an exlosion a black hole for a split second dealing massive damage to the enemie in question and also will suck more enemies within his blast radius so that your follow up shots will be able to do even more control. This weapon will just like the tonkor not be able to do more selfdamage than 50. 

=> Bosses will drop also warframe parts when you start up the quest (see quest for more)

Navigation segement:

Navigation segement will be acquired from ambulas on pluto.

Quest + Warframe concept:

This quest will be started when you go to cephalon simaris after you have unlocked this world. He will offer you to do a special task for him, he will be delighted to tell you that he will make a completly new warframe that hasn't been made yet. This warframe will incorporate orokin technology but also grineer and corpus technology as well as a bit of infested technology. When you are doing this quest you can chose in a boss fight, when the boss has been brought down to 10% of his health he will collapse for a few seconds, that is when you can either kill him or use your scanner to bring him to simaris. When you kill him he will drop weapon parts as usual. When you scan him you will be able to get a warframe part.

The warframe itself: (haven't found a name yet):

The warframe will be like chroma, energy color will influence certain ablities. This will be a male (form) frame.

stats;

100 health

150 shields

400 armor

100 energy

abilites;

the abilites will be based on what eximus units can do. I figured that eximus units actually do have some redeeming qualtities and with the right (orokin) boost they can be powerfull.

1. Ground slam: 25 energy

Slam your fist on the ground with so much power that all enemies that are to close for comfort will be knocked down.

damage: 250/300/350/400 damage

proc: pale colors => ice => ice proc => enemies affected will be slowed down in movement for 10 sec

bright colors => fire => fire proc => enemies will be stunned for 3 sec and will receive an extra 50 damage per              tick.

range: 10/12/17/20 m

2. Overshielded: 50 energy

pale colors => create a protective shell (just as from the arctic eximus units)

health: 400/600/800/1200 base health

invulnerability period just like snow globe of frost.

this protective shell will move along with you (just like arctic eximus) and all enemies within the shell will be slowed down. 

diameter: 9m

bright colors => create a aura off fire that reduces incoming damage with 60% and deal damage to all enemies that are in a diatmeter of 9m

damage: 450 damage per second

duration: 10/15/20/25 sec

diameter: 9m

3. Leech: 25 energy cost initial and 2,5 energy per second that abilities stays active

This ablitie will lower the enemy damage output with 60% and will for all enenmies in range slowely deterriorate armor and for shielded units it will slowly  drain their shields and rendering them unable to recharge it (even with a drone)

for enemies with bothe shield and armor (see pirate faction) it will deteriorate armor and shields at the same time.

range:10/12/17/20 m 

damage to shields and armor: 75/100/125/150 per second

4. Overcharge: 100 energy

ice: overcharge your systems and unleash a wall of ice cold wind on your enemies giving them an instant ice proc that will slow them down and will last untill they get killed or move further away from you than the cast distance for longer than 10 sec. 

damage: 900/1100/1300/1600

fire: overcharge your systems and unleash a wall of fire on your enemies giving them an instant fire proc that will deal additional damage over time and a stun for 3 sec.

damage: 800/1000/1200/1500

additional damage: 250/sec for 5/7/10/12 sec

Thank you for giving this a try and reading it till the end. Sorry for the grammar mistakes XD. Hope you like it.

!!!!IMPORTANT!!!!!!

I am not good at drawing things on the computer and don't really have much ideas for art for the both the warframes, enemies and most of all the bosses. Feel free to send me ideas for art or even better art itself, if i like it i will defenitly implement this in my post and give you a huge shoutout for making it with your name in large in the beginning of the thread and also beside your picture (if you don't want a shoutout just mention it in your private message!).

A pirate faction doesn't make sense to me. The game-mechanics for such a faction are already used by the Corpus. Plus, the Tenno are already the rogues of the Warframe universe.

I don't hate the idea, I just don't see a use for it in Warframe.

Edited by Krion112

A pirate faction doesn't make sense to me. The game-mechanics for such a faction are already used by the Corpus. Plus, the Tenno are already the rogues of the Warframe universe.

I don't hate the idea, I just don't see a use for it in Warframe.

of course they use corpus technology, like i said in my post they use technology of all factions so of course they will use game mechanics of the corpus. And why should the tenno be the only rogues? Do you have a particular reason for that? 

Everyone has his opinion though but i think it would be nice to see another faction but build by the orginally normal people of the universe after the war :3

-snip-

So you want this faction to be a mix of other factions' game-play with a rogue theme?

All of those things are already in use:

Tenno already have a rogue theme.

Corpus already represent the 'raider' type game-play.

Orokin/Corrupted already represent the 'hybrid' type game-play.

And the reason why we only need one of each is because it's a game; there's no need for repetition in games, especially considering that's where the majority of player complaints come from, especially in Warframe. (Ie, the complaint against Grind, etc).

Unless this faction introduced new game-play mechanics that can fit with Warframe's existing mechanics, I don't see the need. Again, not a bad idea in concept, but it's not considerate of Warframe's existing game formula.

If you want a faction that specifically represents the colonists, then I can tell you game-play that isn't in use is stealth, which would make sense for use by the colonies, as the Tenno may want something the colonists have, but they may not be willing to part with it, but a Tenno is not evil enough to kill the colonists, so instead of fighting them they would sneak past or sabotage their defenses, evading detection, and then collect or carry out their objective, and then escape. The entire colonist faction could be built with that game-play in mind, and it would be unique compared to the fast pursuit that the Corpus offer, and the brutal tankiness that the Grineer offer.

Besides, a lot of player have been asking for stealth game-play, but things like Spy and Rescue just don't deliver. Introducing a whole faction centered on a variety of stealth methods would be far and away more of an addition, than a strange hybrid of Tenno, Corpus, and Orokin.

In fact, I may go and conceptualize that myself.

As a disclaimer, I'm not trying to put you down or crush your creativity; I'm trying to inspire you to think more in line with the game. And if you're willing, heed my words: disregard Warframe's lore, and build concepts mechanically for the game. Lore is just a clever facade for the true machine beneath, which is built and then covered.

Remember: a mask is carved to fit a face; a face is not shaped to fit a mask.

So you want this faction to be a mix of other factions' game-play with a rogue theme?

All of those things are already in use:

Tenno already have a rogue theme.

Corpus already represent the 'raider' type game-play.

Orokin/Corrupted already represent the 'hybrid' type game-play.

And the reason why we only need one of each is because it's a game; there's no need for repetition in games, especially considering that's where the majority of player complaints come from, especially in Warframe. (Ie, the complaint against Grind, etc).

Unless this faction introduced new game-play mechanics that can fit with Warframe's existing mechanics, I don't see the need. Again, not a bad idea in concept, but it's not considerate of Warframe's existing game formula.

If you want a faction that specifically represents the colonists, then I can tell you game-play that isn't in use is stealth, which would make sense for use by the colonies, as the Tenno may want something the colonists have, but they may not be willing to part with it, but a Tenno is not evil enough to kill the colonists, so instead of fighting them they would sneak past or sabotage their defenses, evading detection, and then collect or carry out their objective, and then escape. The entire colonist faction could be built with that game-play in mind, and it would be unique compared to the fast pursuit that the Corpus offer, and the brutal tankiness that the Grineer offer.

Besides, a lot of player have been asking for stealth game-play, but things like Spy and Rescue just don't deliver. Introducing a whole faction centered on a variety of stealth methods would be far and away more of an addition, than a strange hybrid of Tenno, Corpus, and Orokin.

In fact, I may go and conceptualize that myself.

As a disclaimer, I'm not trying to put you down or crush your creativity; I'm trying to inspire you to think more in line with the game. And if you're willing, heed my words: disregard Warframe's lore, and build concepts mechanically for the game. Lore is just a clever facade for the true machine beneath, which is built and then covered.

Remember: a mask is carved to fit a face; a face is not shaped to fit a mask.

I understand what you mean, but about that stealth part; the grineers already have that with their manics. 

I still support my idea though, i don't think it's a bat idea to introduce a faction that can use all what you already know but then at the same time.

I understand what you mean, but about that stealth part; the grineers already have that with their manics. 

I still support my idea though, i don't think it's a bat idea to introduce a faction that can use all what you already know but then at the same time.

I don't know what you mean by that the Manic expresses stealth game-play. And even if it does, it was made by a fan, so saying it was out of touch from the rest of the game may be an accurate statement, but I encounter so few I couldn't accurately say that.

And the thing is, we already do have a faction that uses mixes of pre-existing game-play, and that's the Orokin/Corrupted, which make use of other factions' units and mechanics. As such, that role is already taken as well.

As a more constructive recommendation, perhaps you could remake this into a Syndicate? I mean, each syndicate is already themed after an existing faction, group or race, so it'd stem to reason that if a colonist faction was added, as I assume there will eventually be one, then there would probably be a syndicate created to compliment it, and that syndicate could be this rogue group.

And Syndicates don't offer game-play, they are just another acquisition system, so the issue of conflicting with existing mechanics fades away.

Edited by Krion112