Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Element damage vs Raw damage

midnight3v0

I Made this post to figure out:

1) What's the difference between the different element damage?

2) Does each element does extra damage to different factions?

3) Should i take 10% (fire,ice,lightning) damage over 10% weapon damage?

4) Blunt(bo) vs Sharp(Skana)

5) What's so special about fire damage? everyt time i get a weapon mod with fire damage, it's usually a rare.

p.s i might add more questions along the way.

Armour Piercing - Armoured (Grineer, Infested Ancients, Corpus Crewmen Heads, Bosses).

Fire - Unarmoured (non-elite Infested, Melee Grineer, Corpus Crewmen bodies). - Also: Panic Effect on Grineer/Crewmen and Damage over Time.

Electricity - Robotics (Osprey Drones, MOAs, Turrets, Cameras), Also: Stun Effect on Crewmen.

Freeze - Shields (any faction), Also: Slow Effect.

Furax & Fragor ignore all armour, the other weapons have an inate boost against unarmoured targets.

Suit up for your enemy. Against Corpus, I stack (in order of strength): Electricity, Freeze, Armour Piercing.

Armour Piercing - Armoured (Grineer, Infested Ancients, Corpus Crewmen Heads, Bosses).

Fire - Unarmoured (non-elite Infested, Melee Grineer, Corpus Crewmen bodies). - Also: Panic Effect on Grineer/Crewmen and Damage over Time.

Electricity - Robotics (Osprey Drones, MOAs, Turrets, Cameras), Also: Stun Effect on Crewmen.

Freeze - Shields (any faction), Also: Slow Effect.

Furax & Fragor ignore all armour, the other weapons have an inate boost against unarmoured targets.

Suit up for your enemy. Against Corpus, I stack (in order of strength): Electricity, Freeze, Armour Piercing.

Thank you. Thank you so much cedric =]

And then the dynamic mission says "Multiple bio-signatures detected. We've got infested incoming" and you have no fire damge, yaaaaaaaay. :P

And then the dynamic mission says "Multiple bio-signatures detected. We've got infested incoming" and you have no fire damge, yaaaaaaaay. :P

Then I have my trusty Scindo, with +185% melee damage from the frame, +96% melee damage from the Axe itself. It says "Come at me, bro" on the hilt.

Slow is really good, any percentage will do and the effect is noticeable.

Must be high level worries, us mid-low levels just use freeze to slow them and climb crates to taunt them.

I Made this post to figure out:

1) What's the difference between the different element damage?

2) Does each element does extra damage to different factions?

3) Should i take 10% (fire,ice,lightning) damage over 10% weapon damage?

4) Blunt(bo) vs Sharp(Skana)

5) What's so special about fire damage? everyt time i get a weapon mod with fire damage, it's usually a rare.

p.s i might add more questions along the way.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/5812-damage-shields-mods-enemies-and-you/

So getting an Ember wouldn't be a good choice? :<

Smart connection right there . and you would be right. Ember's core damage is mediocre at best in the end. That is also why Volt is such a beast - his Ultimate frys Corpus like no tomorrow.

So getting an Ember wouldn't be a good choice? :<

Fire damage is relatively ineffective against Grineer and very ineffective vs Corpus. Lightning is relatively ineffective vs Grineer and very ineffective vs infested.

Also, Ced's armored/unarmored definitions are wrong, and fire does not have a DoT effect.