Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe.

Ecchi-Bunny

You wouldn't need all that. As soon as it interacted with Matter, it would start an uncontrollable reaction that would turn matter directly into energy, much more efficient than Fission or Fusion. It would take a sphere less than 9 microns wide to destroy something the size of a Grineer/Corups ship.

You're right that a sphere of antimatter roughly 9 microns wide would be able to produce such an explosion (assuming the density of the antimatter is sufficient). However it would only convert the same amount of mass as itself to energy. 

What I was referring to was absolute annihilation; given an antimatter explosion of 1 gram would likely obliterate nearly everything in the vicinity, it would only actually annihilate 1 gram of normal matter. To "annihilate" the ship entirely, a mass of antimatter equal to the ship would be required.

You're right that a sphere of antimatter roughly 9 microns wide would be able to produce such an explosion (assuming the density of the antimatter is sufficient). However it would only convert the same amount of mass as itself to energy. 

What I was referring to was absolute annihilation; given an antimatter explosion of 1 gram would likely obliterate nearly everything in the vicinity, it would only actually annihilate 1 gram of normal matter. To "annihilate" the ship entirely, a mass of antimatter equal to the ship would be required.

Ok i get it, You are thinking of Annihilate, Im just thinking of Blowing up.

Converting even that small of an amount of matter into energy would absolutely be able to blow the ship up...and anything within several hundred miles of it. But that would be just a concussive blast of energy, so even broken up into pieces, the ship will still exist. To erase the ship from existence would take exactly what you described.

Problem? I see no problem.

Either scenario results in lots of dead Grineer/Corpus/Infected.This is never a problem :)

Agreed If I was a dark matter wizard I'd blow up there ship for funsies, I'd be like "put me right here I've got a little surprise for them...ill wait for you to get away from the ship." 5 min later. BOOM!!!!!! Thing is I dount think I could do it again and if it happens like that we would run out of anti matter warframes real quick

Realism is not the reason it is lame as a theme.

Can you honestly say you have the first clue what the hell you are even talking about in regards to antimatter without latching to Wikipedia? Really?

Water, Earth, Birds - ANYTHING is better then some technobabble theme that no one really understands fully. The suggestions for what this Frame would actually DO in combat are extremely few. 

Necromancy is just as bad. "It raises the dead and maybe debuffs people"  Woop-de-doo - golly no ones done THAT before.

Generally a theme is as valuable as the amount of possibilities it presents to gameplay, you know the amount of things we can suggest it does with abilities. The amount of possible abilities you could suggest for something simple is more valuable then some crap that sounds cool like 'Antimatter'.

I'm sure it'll be decent regardless - but this kinda sucks. Could have turned out much, much better. 

With all due respect, I think it's not that hard to figure what anti-matter is.  Just look at the word itself.  Anti, means opposite or against.  Matter, material.  Put the two together and you have, roughly, "opposite material" or "against material", which in other words refers to some sort of repulsion of sorts from matter.   I didn't even resort to google or anything, just simply took the word and broke it up.  Now, as for the technicals, of course resorting to web searches is advisable, but at least you would have a basic understanding of what it is.

I think that this warframe, will some how have an ability to the materiel of enemies, to be effected (like how trinity has abilities to cast onto enemies), and an ability that has away of controlling the environment around them.  Another possible idea, would be that he controls gravity, although that is how Vauban's Bastille thing works.   As for its ultimate, Im not sure how they are going to make something that is unique and does not replicate Vauban's Ultimate ability (which is black holes which can be related to anti-matter) or Mag's Crush ability.   Eitherway, that's up for the DE people to decide.

EDIT:  I have to admit though that I'm bummed that none of the possible ideas that have been thought of on the forums, were ever considered.  I know I read about a "shadow/light base" warframe, and a water based warframe.  All of those were good, but nothing was ever said about them.

Edited by Law_Abiding_Engineer

My main issue is that it's probably going to be Vauban all over again, or even worse Void dependent, in terms of acquisition.

well given how anti-matter works, you are going to see effects/abilities that are fairly similar to how Vauban's abilities work (especially his Bastille and Vortex ability) and how Mag's abilities work, since Mag's abilities work by controlling things around her (physical things that is)

well given how anti-matter works, you are going to see effects/abilities that are fairly similar to how Vauban's abilities work (especially his Bastille and Vortex ability) and how Mag's abilities work, since Mag's abilities work by controlling things around her (physical things that is)

I don't think you realize how antimatter works. It'd be much more likely that the new frame specializes in explosive/concussive/blinding/annihilation skills. Antimatter doesn't have anything to do with singularities (vortex) or anti-gravity/stasis (bastille).

I don't think you realize how antimatter works. It'd be much more likely that the new frame specializes in explosive/concussive/blinding/annihilation skills. Antimatter doesn't have anything to do with singularities (vortex) or anti-gravity/stasis (bastille).

^^^

Ecce H0m0!

Edited by Aigloblam

I'll just leave this here http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/02/world/europe/switzerland-antimatter

In that entire article, they were stating that it probably would react the same, or close to the same as regular matter, when it comes to gravity. They did, however, say this:

"When the falling antimatter meets matter, the two "annihilate" each other, as scientists say, and give off energy in the process -- a kind of nano-explosion. The ALPHA scientists measure the energy bursts to find how fast the antihydrogen molecules fell after they dropped them."

So yeah....That article is pretty well in line with Letter13's assumptions. Good find.

(Just in case nobody decides to read it. But its worth reading, honestly)

Edited by Aigloblam