Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe.

Ecchi-Bunny

Why make the new warframe antimatter all it can do is go BOOM wehn it touches matter.
Why make it.  Its just unreal if it can make antimatter from nothing on the fly IS IT A GOD!
And if its going to have antimatter on itself 1 bullet would make him go BOOM and make him and half a ship go bye bye.

Why make the new warframe antimatter all it can do is go BOOM wehn it touches matter.

Why make it.  Its just unreal if it can make antimatter from nothing on the fly IS IT A GOD!

And if its going to have antimatter on itself 1 bullet would make him go BOOM and make him and half a ship go bye bye.

Ikr :C dint bother to write abt their ability in the poll because imo i hated that one e.e no offense

Oh my god could any of you please speak like normal people.

First of, if we're going for realism then Mag would be ripping the ships apart every time Crush gets used, Saryn would be melting through hulls with Miasma, and don't even get started on the portable blackhole that is Vaubans Vortex. It's a soft sci-fi setting that makes almost as little sense as Star Wars at the moment, just put your suspension of disbelief in a box for an hour or two and enjoy it.

Second of all, you're either deliberately oversimplifying what anti-matter does on purpose to try and further your point, which actually just hurts it, or you actually don't understand the physics of it properly. In either case, refer back to point one and remember that its a damn game already filled with stuff that makes no sense.

Well remember we are working with Frames that can manipulate all sorts of matter/energy related powers....So if Mag can harness gravity to the degree she does, Why not another frame that can use Antimatter?

My only concern is that they may make the new abilities just replicas of other frame abilities, such as they did with Vauban. With Vauban it really isn't that bad, because they are good abilities in general, but his only "New" ability is the Vortex. I just hope to see some totally original ideas.

First of, if we're going for realism then Mag would be ripping the ships apart every time Crush gets used, Saryn would be melting through hulls with Miasma, and don't even get started on the portable blackhole that is Vaubans Vortex. It's a soft sci-fi setting that makes almost as little sense as Star Wars at the moment, just put your suspension of disbelief in a box for an hour or two and enjoy it.

Second of all, you're either deliberately oversimplifying what anti-matter does on purpose to try and further your point, which actually just hurts it, or you actually don't understand the physics of it properly. In either case, refer back to point one and remember that its a damn game already filled with stuff that makes no sense.

Both of you have a point....but yours is clearly much better thought out.

Anti-matter would, if coalesced into any high concentration, most likely explode worse than a redneck at a beer and taco party....but these are Warframes, if they can handle all these other forces, Antimatter is far from out of the question.

Okey but why make antimatter there are like 10000s better ones sugested in the polls.

Because more people voted for Antimatter. Pretty simple.

Personally i didn't see any Bad choices at all...Although i was leaning toward the Necroframe. This should be just fine, Im seriously looking forward to it. :)

Currently a number of WarFrame abilities just copied from another frame and slightly changed.

I welcome a radical change. Antimatter based WarFrame is going to open up a host of new ability ideas which means more fun and more synergies to discover and abuse.

Can't wait.

Currently a number of WarFrame abilities just copied from another frame and slightly changed.

I welcome a radical change. Antimatter based WarFrame is going to open up a host of new ability ideas which means more fun and more synergies to discover and abuse.

Can't wait.

When my clan found out how scary Ember's World On Fire and Fire Blast were when combined with Vauban's Vortex, we were pretty happy about it. I totally agree, and look forward to finding more synergies too.

We have frames that can carry black holes with them. frames that can make javelins appear out of thin air. And frames that can turn invisible AND teleport. But use anti-matter and you're like NO THAT'S NOT REALISTIC. It's a VIDEOGAME you have to cut it some slack.

Edited by c_man_ninja_gun

We have frames that can carry black holes with them. frames that can make javelins appear out of thin air. And frames that can turn invisible AND teleport. But use anti-matter and you're like NO THAT'S NOT REALISTIC. It's a VIDEOGAME you have to cut it some slack.

Real life physics =/= videogames

Realism is not the reason it is lame as a theme.

Can you honestly say you have the first clue what the hell you are even talking about in regards to antimatter without latching to Wikipedia? Really?

Water, Earth, Birds - ANYTHING is better then some technobabble theme that no one really understands fully. The suggestions for what this Frame would actually DO in combat are extremely few. 

Necromancy is just as bad. "It raises the dead and maybe debuffs people"  Woop-de-doo - golly no ones done THAT before.

Generally a theme is as valuable as the amount of possibilities it presents to gameplay, you know the amount of things we can suggest it does with abilities. The amount of possible abilities you could suggest for something simple is more valuable then some crap that sounds cool like 'Antimatter'.

I'm sure it'll be decent regardless - but this kinda sucks. Could have turned out much, much better. 

Realism is not the reason it is lame as a theme.

Can you honestly say you have the first clue what the hell you are even talking about in regards to antimatter without latching to Wikipedia? Really?

Water, Earth, Birds - ANYTHING is better then some technobabble theme that no one really understands fully. The suggestions for what this Frame would actually DO in combat are extremely few. 

Necromancy is just as bad. "It raises the dead and maybe debuffs people"  Woop-de-doo - golly no ones done THAT before.

Generally a theme is as valuable as the amount of possibilities it presents to gameplay, you know the amount of things we can suggest it does with abilities. The amount of possible abilities you could suggest for something simple is more valuable then some crap that sounds cool like 'Antimatter'.

I'm sure it'll be decent regardless - but this kinda sucks. Could have turned out much, much better. 

Yeah, you're right. But lets not forget, it isnt over for the other ideas. I had toyed around with the idea of a Pet-based warframe. Each power creates a different Pet/Golem/Creation/etc that becomes an asset to the battlefield.

Just imagine being able to push a button and suddenly there is a 15 foot tall monstrosity guarding the pod.

In my head im picturing the Iron golem from good ol' D&D 3.5.

MM35_PG135.jpg

Edited by Aigloblam

I don't think the warframe itself is made from antimatter. That would be silly.

I don't think it will be making antimatter from nothing. It will probably manipulate molecules and atoms at a subatomic level to invert their charge (resulting in antimatter from matter)

Due to the destructive nature of antimatter and the immense amount of energy needed to handle it safely (huge EMF, etc), all the frame would need to manipulate/control is a microscopic amount.

Also to make the entire ship go 'bye-bye' you would need the same amount of antimatter as the ship itself, so an entire antimatter ship. Antimatter the size of a bullet would only be able to interact with an equal amount of matter (the same mass, essentially). Of course, this produces an enormous amount of energy and a gigantic explosion, but it's hardly enough to annihilate/destroy the entire ship.

If anything this proves the  vocal minority theory...

It won the vote, despite all the random threads popping up of people who absolutely despise the concept and think it's stupid. Nothing about the frame has been fleshed out; neither powers nor concept art. Really hasn't been a reason to be up in arms over it until it has been released.

If anything this proves the  vocal minority theory...

It won the vote, despite all the random threads popping up of people who absolutely despise the concept and think it's stupid. Nothing about the frame has been fleshed out; neither powers nor concept art. Really hasn't been a reason to be up in arms over it until it has been released.

I'm just sore that just about every frame I knew about that sounded like fun got scrapped for something I don't feel as good about. I think a lot of people are in the same shoes.

Natural part of the process. 

Regardless of how I feel about it it'll likely both look cool AND play decent.

I don't think the warframe itself is made from antimatter. That would be silly.

I don't think it will be making antimatter from nothing. It will probably manipulate molecules and atoms at a subatomic level to invert their charge (resulting in antimatter from matter)

Due to the destructive nature of antimatter and the immense amount of energy needed to handle it safely (huge EMF, etc), all the frame would need to manipulate/control is a microscopic amount.

Also to make the entire ship go 'bye-bye' you would need the same amount of antimatter as the ship itself, so an entire antimatter ship. Antimatter the size of a bullet would only be able to interact with an equal amount of matter (the same mass, essentially). Of course, this produces an enormous amount of energy and a gigantic explosion, but it's hardly enough to annihilate/destroy the entire ship.

You wouldn't need all that. As soon as it interacted with Matter, it would start an uncontrollable reaction that would turn matter directly into energy, much more efficient than Fission or Fusion. It would take a sphere less than 9 microns wide to destroy something the size of a Grineer/Corups ship. (Im assuming they are roughly twice the size of a Nimitz class Aircraft Carrier)

Of course this could be totally BS...we aren't for sure of really anything about Antimatter. All just theory right now....We can't get enough of it together in one place to really do much.