Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker Theories? Pop'em Here!

AnOldAlias

I did a lil topic a few days ago/yesterday(?) about a theory I had about the Stalker.

After some talking some things came up that may or may not have debunked said theory.

Plus a lot of other interesting things, to.
Can read it here, if you wish!:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/592978-a-small-possibly-idiotic-theorystalker-related/

The thing that actually debunked my original theory was this, its a Sound File from the Wiki. Doesn't play immediately, so no need to freak.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/File:StalkerDefeat1.ogg

This sound file shows the Stalker crying out to you when you 'kill' him, and he says:

"What have you... Done..!?"..

... As you can hear in the sound file.

But.. At the end of the first line of words, his last word speaks as if he was a child. Or at least, it mixes in there. It is as clear as day.
Plus the rest of his lines do have a very soft child-like whisper/voice in the back of it, to.

This thing from the Second Dream Quest, to, also intrigues me:

"Ordis mentions that he recalls having been to the Moon once, and that he is concerned for the Tenno. The Lotus explains that the Reservoir is the source of the Tenno's power, and that its secret drove the Stalker mad."

Question is: The Secret of the Reservoir.. It drove the Stalker mad. But how did it drive him mad? If it drove him mad, WHY would he even keep himself alive at that point?
At least, from what we can see from this info, his Operator is still alive. He knows he is a Tenno, and he hates himself(as Hunhow has said at the end of the quest). But he hunts Tenno, and he knows the secret of the Tenno, I'd imagine he knew it even before we did at this point in time.
Why does he keep killing 'Frames.. When he knows its pointless?

.. But, yeh. Not much of a Theory.
Besides the fact its pretty much confirmed that the Stalker's Operator is alive. At least, in my opinion.

TL;DR: Stalker's Operator is Alive. How did Stalker become mad? Why didn't he kill 'himself' after he found out about who he was? WHAT DO YOU THINK!? <3
ETC ETC ETC.

My theory is that he's a warframe broken loose from his operator and gone mad with the mind state of still being in a war, warframes are after all biometal and therefore separate entities from the operator

If he broke loose, then what is the childs voice being there in his line up above? I'd imagine somehow his Operator still lives.

My theory is that he is Luke skywalker and has fallen to the dark side.

My serious theory is that he still distrusts Lotus after what she did and doubts she's changed and is actually doing good. So he sees everything the Tenno doing as her orders and assumes it must be wrong.

We kill a boss, he marks us. Thinking we did it to achieve another evil goal. He wants to protect the corpus and grineer from us because we're dangerous and already destroyed one race.

All he is doing is trying to stop us from repeating history, so he destroys our weapons (frames).

He is acting on good intentions fueled by hatred for Lotus.

We keep the corpus and grineer in check.

The stalker keeps us in check.

Edited by xFrostKnightx

It could've just been my imagination, but during some of the Stalker's cinematic cutscenes--particularly the last ones aboard the Orbiter--I thought his warframe closely resembled the Operator suit. Given the way he mirrors the Operator's curiosity (staring at their hands) in the scene aboard the moon, and the fact that he leaves at critical health when he's beaten in a mission rather than dying, part of me wonders if he's not operating the warframe in person instead of as a proxy.

Besides that...he witnessed, directly or indirectly, the massacre of an entire people, and he's been awake and wandering ever since rather than in cryosleep like the rest of us. I think that'd drive anyone out of their mind.

Keep in mind also, on the topic of "madness," that while Lotus is unquestionably well-intentioned, she's not always the most reliable source. Also, madness and/or self-loathing doesn't necessarily translate into suicidal tendencies. It's entirely possible to hate yourself and still feel there are alternatives to dying--in this case, it's possible (even likely) the Stalker feels guilty, vengeful, or both at seeing the Tenno wipe out the Orokin without any kind of justice or answer for it, and isn't willing to accept his own death before that point.

Theory and my fan made stalker story before the second dream:

Stalker is an original Warframe (Children of Zariman turn into Warframe by the Orokin) which all thought to be dead just like Mirage and just like Limbo

justlike the warframe that you are using during the quest, yes your warframe is special unlike the other tenno warframe...because you are the main character of this story :P

. Warframe that was used by the Tenno are puppet clones of this original Warframe which require a Tenno to operate it to be able to use the void magic.

Stalker was thought to be dead because he dissapear during a mission, in truth he is not actually dead, it is just that his power goes out of control and being trapped inside the void dimension as the void magic consume his body. He somehow manage to escape his prison but only to found out that he was in the future,during the event of which the Tenno destroy the Orokin. He try to stop the Tenno but he would later finds out that what inside the warframe that the Tenno were using is not the children of Zariman but somthing confusing, confusing even to tech expert like Alad V or the engineer and bio-engineer of the Grineer aramada. Later on the stalker found something in the moon...the corpses of his fallen comrads in arms, repurpose as blueprints to produse the nighmarish army of the Tenno, which all serve this one being known as the Lotus. Due to his uncontrollable emotion the void magic once again consume the stalker imprison him once again inside the void time capsule. At the time when he once again re-release from his prison, he once again see the atrocity commited by the Tenno and by then he know that he is currently the only one who can stop this army of nightmarish beast far worse than the infestation.

Edited by paragasu