The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn 2.0, How To Properly Build And Use Her?

Sir_Alex_Traffo

Question

Alright, before I start, the last time I used Saryn was before the rework and I always use her mainly for Miasma; in fact, I always found her a bit boring honestly.

The rework sounds funny, even if a bit more complicated than just pressing 4, which is welcome by the way; now, where do I start? How exactly the powers must be synergized to work the best?

SInce Saryn Prime is coming, I really want to learn how to use her before the release!

Uh, well with what I've been seen lately, is a few ones you can build onto: Toxic Slash & Spore build: 

Or Max Damage Miasma:

Really is up to you, all her kit can be fully built onto now, as ALL her powers work to make Miasma highly powerful, and useing Viral/Toxin alot

I have't played her yet, as I am avoiding her until I get her Prime, but the build I will try and go onto is to make Toxin/Viral Spreader, while making Miasma powerful.

While Molt is just a decoy.

P.S: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Saryn

This can help alot ^

Edited by LegionCynex

I went with giving her maxed range that makes her spores pop all over the place, as well as bringing a Truth weapon (in my case Telos Akbolto). The sweet Viral proc along with the Gas proc instantly gives Miasma the +200% damage (+100% for either Viral or Toxin).

Also don't forget your Regenerative Molt!

molt, spores, miasma is the combo for.  I have been using her before rework and since rework I love her , there may be some bias here Lmao  cast molt  than use spores on molt enemies will shoot the spores or you can detonate the molts spread a nasty virus lol  than miasma makes the pain go away.  I hope saryn prime receives amour and movement buff and keep her passive of longer status proc   

Edited by (PS4)oinky44

I use a duration-ish build and regerative molt + contagion cloud. I tend to really enjoy melee, therefore my build works for me, but not everyone. All mods are maxed.

Aura: CP or ES

Exilus: power drift or rush depending on mission type

Primed flow

Primed continuity

Constitution

Vitality

Rage

Intensify

Contagion cloud

Regenerative molt

Basic premise behind it is use molt for an aggro grabber/heal. Keep toxic lash up at all times. Cast spores on everything and beat the mobs to death. With toxic lash up, you always pop a bubble on a melee hit, which speads the spores everywhere. Additionally, you actually get 2 power returned to us per bubble popped via toxic lash melee. It's like its own infinate power loop, and coupled with regenerative molt and life strike (and rage) you are almost never without power. If stuff doesn't want to die from that, you are fully setup for a brutal miasma as everything should have viral and poison procs on it at that point.

It's a VERY active playstyle though, and to be honest! In a T3S @ 30mins, with a meh dual zoren build, I was still killing thing faster than it took to setup the ultimate combo.

Edit: forgot to mention, as you kill things with toxic lash and melee, you leave poision clouds behind. It's awesome. I recommend changing your energy color from default though so friendlies can see the difference between the enemy toxic clouds and your own. My color setup uses a yelowish color, and mixed with the orchard skin, it looks like pollen clouds, which is very fitting with the skin.

Edited by BlueFalcon13

Uh, well with what I've been seen lately, is a few ones you can build onto: Toxic Slash & Spore build: 

Or Max Damage Miasma:

Really is up to you, all her kit can be fully built onto now, as ALL her powers work to make Miasma highly powerful, and useing Viral/Toxin alot

I have't played her yet, as I am avoiding her until I get her Prime, but the build I will try and go onto is to make Toxin/Viral Spreader, while making Miasma powerful.

While Molt is just a decoy.

P.S: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Saryn

This can help alot ^

Yea already checked the WIki but I really needed some playstyle tips, the video will do thanks!

I use a duration-ish build and regerative molt + contagion cloud. I tend to really enjoy melee, therefore my build works for me, but not everyone. All mods are maxed.

Aura: CP or ES

Exilus: power drift or rush depending on mission type

Primed flow

Primed continuity

Constitution

Vitality

Rage

Intensify

Contagion cloud

Regenerative molt

Basic premise behind it is use molt for an aggro grabber/heal. Keep toxic lash up at all times. Cast spores on everything and beat the mobs to death. With toxic lash up, you always pop a bubble on a melee hit, which speads the spores everywhere. Additionally, you actually get 2 power returned to us per bubble popped via toxic lash melee. It's like its own infinate power loop, and coupled with regenerative molt and life strike (and rage) you are almost never without power. If stuff doesn't want to die from that, you are fully setup for a brutal miasma as everything should have viral and poison procs on it at that point.

It's a VERY active playstyle though, and to be honest! In a T3S @ 30mins, with a meh dual zoren build, I was still killing thing faster than it took to setup the ultimate combo.

Alright, I'll try to understand how the powers work and will try this out!

Duration, strength, range if you have space.

Molt, spore on the molt. Molt again, miasma if everything doesn't die due to the DoT. It's beautiful.

^ This guy know what's up

But this works only if the enemies actually touch the Molt, right? 

I mean:

1. Molt: ok, this is to aggro enemies

2. Spore on Molt: right, you basically infect your Molt but you have to wait for it to be destroyed if you want the Spores to be spreaded, right?

3. Molt again: alright, I don't get this one...

4. Miasma: I get it, but the missing point 3 is probably crucial...

I mean:

2. Spore on Molt: right, you basically infect your Molt but you have to wait for it to be destroyed if you want the Spores to be spreaded, right?

When you molt a second time the first one blows up.

Ok I see!

And this build has nothing to do with Toxic Lash, right? You basically never use it?

It does and does not. I am missing some lower str, but you could get up to 200% power strength by dropping regenerative molt for transient fortitude. Then it's a range thing.

Ultimately my build can do what he does, but it is less effective than his type of build would be.

Ultimately, I made my build around my love of melee, and not shunning any of saryn's abilities. I think toxic lash is a great skill, and love to use it in conjunction with contagion cloud (its fun to see the aftermath of a wave of infested). His build is more for raw damage.

It does and does not. I am missing some lower str, but you could get up to 200% power strength by dropping regenerative molt for transient fortitude. Then it's a range thing.

Ultimately my build can do what he does, but it is less effective than his type of build would be.

Ultimately, I made my build around my love of melee, and not shunning any of saryn's abilities. I think toxic lash is a great skill, and love to use it in conjunction with contagion cloud (its fun to see the aftermath of a wave of infested). His build is more for raw damage.

I see, I'll probably use them both then, because I really love melee but I usually  tend to enjoy it in solo, while aiming to be the mos effective for the team while in group.

I'll figure out how to mod her for both build!

I mean:

Not necessary touch, since Molt's explosion covers some range :3 It's a flippin AIDS bomb

Oh and also casting Spore on Molt reduces Spore's cost by 50%

I see, I'll probably use them both then, because I really love melee but I usually tend to enjoy it in solo, while aiming to be the mos effective for the team while in group.

I'll figure out how to mod her for both build!

Btw, if you are ever looking for a group, feel free to hit me up. Some buddies and I usually play starting around 9pm MST, and you are welcome to join us. TS and all.

Not necessary touch, since Molt's explosion covers some range :3 It's a flippin AIDS bomb

Oh and also casting Spore on Molt reduces Spore's cost by 50%

All clear now, awesome!!

Btw, if you are ever looking for a group, feel free to hit me up. Some buddies and I usually play starting around 9pm MST, and you are welcome to join us. TS and all.

Thanks mate, will send you a friend request!

Yeah this is all pretty helpful, I didn't know you could do that with her molt! That's so cool!

Also, what weapons would be useful now?

ATM I am currently using, Sobek, Gammacor (making tysis atm) and Mire any other weapon choices/tips from anyone?

Yeah this is all pretty helpful, I didn't know you could do that with her molt! That's so cool!

Also, what weapons would be useful now?

ATM I am currently using, Sobek, Gammacor (making tysis atm) and Mire any other weapon choices/tips from anyone?

With my melee build I am running the dual zoren e/ the skin that came in the bundle (mmm fashion-frame) with a crit/viral build and primed reach. Synergizes amazingly with Naramon focus. I may have to dust off my dual cleavers though cause they are significantly better as a melee weapon :)

Imo with saryn, as with many other warframes, range is again, a king. DoT of miasma and range /contagion spread speed of spore require range desperately. You want whole huge areas of map poisoned and spored dying slowly, this is how saryn should imo work. She is no more efficient nuker, while you setup stronger nuke is smaller area enemies are already dead from your teammates. 

Remember, stretch +overextended saryn has THREE TIMES bigger area of effect then stretch saryn. You can think of this as 300% damage.

I build my saryn like this;

DUR 90

EFF 170

RAN 235

STR 120

No room unfortunately for regenerative molt, either that or vitality. 

As for play style, drop molt, spore it, walk away go to other place, place another molt+spore, return to first place, nuke. Rinse and repeat. This works for mobile defense for example, you can keep large parts of map under your control.

Remember, if you nuke enemies that are already spored AND close to your molt, damage is 300%. Only with one of those (close to molt or spored) is 200%.

I've tried to use torrid to spread toxin more but imo this is hardly worth it. Too much stuff is going on for saryn, you need to take care of your molts, spore spread, nuke to spread toxin with weapon. 

Saryn works but it takes time to set up things right and your damage /power combos are bit unreliable. With nuke you kill off your spore carriers, sometimes you will pull off combos nice, sometimes things will go downhill. This pushes saryn too much to a niche imo, there are lot of tasks she is not good with. They made her usage too complex for her own good.

Imo this kind of complex synergies should not be pushed on players. Synergies could exist and could give bonuses but that should be extra benefit, not requirement frame to work. For example, molt +miasma could give extra damage and spore +miasma could give knockdown.

Saryn should be king of DoT. Poison huge area /best as permanent ult /similar as ember but with different effects, not bombarding but spore clouds, and watch the enemies die slowly. Only way to increase damage would be to increase duration, and damage could do progresive more damage over time. Something along this lines.

Imo with saryn, as with many other warframes, range is again, a king. DoT of miasma and range /contagion spread speed of spore require range desperately. You want whole huge areas of map poisoned and spored dying slowly, this is how saryn should imo work. She is no more efficient nuker, while you setup stronger nuke is smaller area enemies are already dead from your teammates.

Remember, stretch +overextended saryn has THREE TIMES bigger area of effect then stretch saryn. You can think of this as 300% damage.

I build my saryn like this;

DUR 90

EFF 170

RAN 235

STR 120

No room unfortunately for regenerative molt, either that or vitality.

As for play style, drop molt, spore it, walk away go to other place, place another molt+spore, return to first place, nuke. Rinse and repeat. This works for mobile defense for example, you can keep large parts of map under your control.

Remember, if you nuke enemies that are already spored AND close to your molt, damage is 300%. Only with one of those (close to molt or spored) is 200%.

I've tried to use torrid to spread toxin more but imo this is hardly worth it. Too much stuff is going on for saryn, you need to take care of your molts, spore spread, nuke to spread toxin with weapon.

Saryn works but it takes time to set up things right and your damage /power combos are bit unreliable. With nuke you kill off your spore carriers, sometimes you will pull off combos nice, sometimes things will go downhill. This pushes saryn too much to a niche imo, there are lot of tasks she is not good with. They made her usage too complex for her own good.

Imo this kind of complex synergies should not be pushed on players. Synergies could exist and could give bonuses but that should be extra benefit, not requirement frame to work. For example, molt +miasma could give extra damage and spore +miasma could give knockdown.

Saryn should be king of DoT. Poison huge area /best as permanent ult /similar as ember but with different effects, not bombarding but spore clouds, and watch the enemies die slowly. Only way to increase damage would be to increase duration, and damage could do progresive more damage over time. Something along this lines.

I donno about most effective, maybe most effective for your playstyle. I like melee. As such contagion could provides poison status, viral spreads as I row through the horde of enemies, and if they are tough enough to last through that, miasma wraps it up. Miasma's rang is not great in my build but, much like resonance spreads sonar, toxic lash spreads spores. Granted, for gunplay, my build sucks,but people seriously discredit melee unfairly...

I run melee only in sorties half the time, and we aren't talking valk either... I've done Volt, excal (RB build), ember w/ a dark dagger, etc.

I donno about most effective, maybe most effective for your playstyle. I like melee. As such contagion could provides poison status, viral spreads as I row through the horde of enemies, and if they are tough enough to last through that, miasma wraps it up. Miasma's rang is not great in my build but, much like resonance spreads sonar, toxic lash spreads spores. Granted, for gunplay, my build sucks,but people seriously discredit melee unfairly...

I run melee only in sorties half the time, and we aren't talking valk either... I've done Volt, excal (RB build), ember w/ a dark dagger, etc.

Tried a variation of yours earlier today in Egeria.  FUN.  I did swap Flow for Fleeting, and due to no forma, had to stick with Rejuvenation, and there was no room for Power Drift.  Despite that, she was melting everything.  Really engaging playstyle.

Tried a variation of yours earlier today in Egeria. FUN. I did swap Flow for Fleeting, and due to no forma, had to stick with Rejuvenation, and there was no room for Power Drift. Despite that, she was melting everything. Really engaging playstyle.

The fleeting expertise is gonna hurt your duration a bit. Just make sure you keep at least 10 seconds on molt or you will miss out on healing ticks.

Yep! Primed Continuity was the best 65 plat I ever spent. 118% Duration (Max Fleeting, 9/10 P Cont, Constitution). Just got out of a T4S with it, where it was working great too, until this framerate problem we're all dealing with wrecked me.

Still think flow/primed flow will net better results: you will have a toxic lash that lasts over 50 seconds, that coupled with the power return for popping spores with toxic lash,and rage will give you tons of power to play with. Additionally, flow is 9 drain max, vs 11 drain for a max fleeting expertise. May get you closer to running that power drift.

The duration was bugging me a bit... I'll give it another shot.  

Edit:

Did a T3S solo to 48 minutes (mistakes were made).  Shadow Step made energy management really hard with 100% efficiency for the first 40 minutes.  Those last 8 though, until I screwed up, activated my Focus again accidentally, fell down a hole, and died the second I popped back onto the map (do you hear Benny Hill music?  Because I did) the enemy density finally got high enough to take advantage of spore's energy replenishment, and it felt really good.

Conclusion: Serious business, I think Flow works better.

Edited by (PS4)Cwellann

The duration was bugging me a bit... I'll give it another shot.

Edit:

Did a T3S solo to 48 minutes (mistakes were made). Shadow Step made energy management really hard with 100% efficiency for the first 40 minutes. Those last 8 though, until I screwed up, activated my Focus again accidentally, fell down a hole, and died the second I popped back onto the map (do you hear Benny Hill music? Because I did) the enemy density finally got high enough to take advantage of spore's energy replenishment, and it felt really good.

Conclusion: Serious business, I think Flow works better.

Good to hear, yeah at lower densities the rage/spore energy restore combo is kinda weak. I usually take it as its too easy to need to spam powers this early, so I'll take it easy O. the skills. I usually try to build up to full power before I really start to goto town, then if I hit 50% power start toning it back a hair.