The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Help To Decide Primary

(PSN)NickThePersianWa

Question

So im currently rank 4, quite new to warframe if Im to say so myself. But ive been running with the boltor (not prime) for a while now and i just dont feel it. My normal boar and strun shotguns are maxed out in lvlv/rank but they dont seem to cut it either when i for example go for a run in void. What i need to decide is what primary i want, that is good being up close and personal with high damage and spread i guess, togheter with the galatine mele weapon and gammacor...(i need a new secondary to i know XD) suggestions are appreciated.  Im playing as rhino so being up close and personal is kind of his thing.  And also my thing,,i dont want the boar prime though, It consumes way to much ammo for me.

A shotgun that is a bit of both when it comes to crowd control and single target.  

My thought on some recommendations - 

Sobek, overall solid, could be built to status shotgun but it may require reasonable resources, big magazine but very long reload mechanics requires reload discipline. Where hek outshines it dramatically is in it's syndicate mod - arguably best mod for any weapon is multishot. Well hek has TWO of those, which pushes it right from solid midgame to endgame. 

Opticor - I wouldn't. High damage yes but wonky fire mechanics pushes this weapon to borderline usability. Even with maximized fire rate mods (all three?) it still winds up relatively slow. You can fire it half way full but then all you get is weird singleshot gun. Weapon has some AoE but it works (again) weirdly, you must aim in floor to be effective, again all you get is weak /weird grenade launcher.

If they ever modify this weapon to A) can hold it's shot, as bow, not autofire it when full and B) to have full and 100% punch thru (it really looks like it does already) it will be pushed into a prime echelon of weapons. Hell they can even take away AoE, I wouldn't care. 

Right now if you want really strong single target weapon of this type, just use bow. It's mechanically and damage wise similar, but better imo.

The Hek(s) would be your goal with leveling steel meridian being your overall goal. To get your MR up to get it, I'd try the other weapon types to bolster your Arsenal. Sorties require just weapon type, ATM just bows so far, to do certain missions. Also trying different frames as well. Rhino may be your go to frame now, but it doesn't hurt to try something new.

Yea ofc. Im thinking getting like atlas or the other new guy (dont remember his name) already have excalibur as well. But Rhino is my go to warframe right now, hes a @(*()$ tank bruh.

if you like rhino, try nezha ... he has the same invincible mechanic and different other skills ... he can teleport, aoe bomb, speedup run skill,  self heal (its not easy to pull this off, but its theoretically possible),  do a diablo wizard fire trail thing,  and a couple more.   (His skills do multiple things,  like fire trail is also speedup, and his thown hula hoop both heals and offers teleport, and his fire trail has an aoe explosion or you can use his spear aoe).    Its a good rhino alternative.

Rhino is good as well.   Hes a lot better when you have enough power mods to use all 4 abilities at will instead of now and then (same as any frame) so he only gets better from here (assuming you don't have them all yet).

I was a new player like u around a month ago (I'm MR12 now). I also had the Galatine, I really used melee only until MR6 because that was the only good weapon I needed, but then I got soma prime at MR6 and it was amazing.

I suggest get Hek as people have suggested, but DEFINITELY try out the soma (prime if possible). With mods, it can deal 2-5k per bullet and it has 200 bullets in a magazine. It will rekt everything until endgame.

I was a new player like u around a month ago (I'm MR12 now). I also had the Galatine, I really used melee only until MR6 because that was the only good weapon I needed, but then I got soma prime at MR6 and it was amazing.

I suggest get Hek as people have suggested, but DEFINITELY try out the soma (prime if possible). With mods, it can deal 2-5k per bullet and it has 200 bullets in a magazine. It will rekt everything until endgame.

Yea I have heard a lot of good things about the soma. Dont really know any of the mods that are said to make it a beast though. But when I can il definitely get my hands on the soma and prime.

I would recommend an Ignis to all new players.

It's cheap, easy too use and you'll end up using for a lot of missions due to how much time it can save you through kills and extra loot.

It's not a very satisfying weapon but it'll melt everything the starmap can throw at you.

Modding and frames like Rhino's Roar can push an Ignis to continue to meld enemies past lvl 50.

I agree on sobek. That shotgun and I had a very good early history with this game. Hek is good, but i HATED the 4 clip in it with a burning passion so deep. This game doesn't exactly throw 1 enemy at a time at you, and at your MR you aren't going to have the crazy mods to make it absurd levels that it can hit.

The sobek, with the typical started mods, will do you wonders with a big clip to boot. It's downside, is reload speed to make up for the big clip. You can easily counter this with a reload speed mod.

I used the sobek for over 100 hours of my early gameplay and can honestly vouch for it. I haven't used it much since getting vay hek as the 8 clip is a nice sweet spot for me personally, but i do miss it!