Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jat Kittag.

-FV-HoloTheWiseWolf

This matter needs to be addressed. The Jat kittag is Still Overpowered. The smash radius of this weapons is far too large and the damage it does is absolutely absurd. Consider nerfing the radius of this heavy weapons ground pound and its damage, as well as other heavy weapons like it. There is no skill involved in running around spamming and smashing this weapon. Conclave is suppose to be a place of honor, but there is no honor or skill involved in using a weapon like the Jat kittag. 

P.S >.> Blind justice is too powerful as well. 

Yeah theres been a few threads about it. Some of the suggestions i liked were to make it only do the CC if you're using quick melee slam, and the damage to be only from having the jat kittag itself selected so you cant slam, do all the persons shields + some health, and then shoot them with a tigris.

I think the only nerf needed is damage, not range as the kittag is kinda supposed to have a very large aoe. Damage nerf should be drastic tho, like slice it in half or one third. This would keep it a large stagger aoe weapon with some damage but not too much to feel unfair.

I still haven't found out: Is the Jat Kittag slam supposed to hit and stagger someone when they're not on the ground? It happens often enough that it's hard to imagine it being just P2P and latency.

This is something that has always happened for every stagger or knockdown since the beginning of time afaik and needs fixage.

Edited by dadaddadada

Pure melee user here, I will tell you what I think of Jat Kittag and Blind Justice's Guiding Light:

Jat Kittag:
Damage should be lowered and knockdown removed from the Quick melee slam. Jat is a beautiful weapon to use (specially with the Crushing Ruin stance, that spinning rocket-powered death machine looks glorious), the problem is the quickmelee, it has features that should be reserved only for equiped melee (or "Pure melee" as I like to call it).

Blind Justice:

The stance is actually one of the few melee stances that can be used in PvP right now (because DE seems to have a tendency to unintentionally scr*w melee as much as possible) because everyone is bulletjumping into space non-stop and abusing aimglide and wall latch to fire on melee users without fear of retaliation. Guiding Light damage is too high? yes, it's too high right now since the U18, pre-U18 was perfect, because Destined Path combo could kill you very fast and Guiding Light, while strong, couldn't. The problem is that the one-shot melee is the ONLY melee option now, because guns are equally effective both at medium-long range and at melee range. If Blind Justice needs to be nerfed, melee combat in general needs to be buffed massively across almost all the weapons and stances to be on par with gunplay, while quickmelee needs to be nerfed to the ground to no longer have staggers, knockdowns or elemental procs, limiting those properties only to pure melee.

Jat Kittag is good against players that remain grounded for too long, and is a bet that the player must make when doing it against people who have good mobility skills.

Currently with the high mobility meta Jak Kittag will seem to be broken if you spend most of the your time on the ground and will seem like something of past if you know how to remain constantly airborn and in moving.

It's damage wasn't nerfed or buffed after 18.2, like many things the nerf on EHP made the weapons that had good damage before even better now, since it takes less shots to kill a player (8 shots total from a Dera Vandal on a Loki vs. the 10 shots that it used to take and 9 shots on a Frost vs. the 17 shots that it used to take.)

So expect everything that used to be the must have weapons to be even stronger now, we got to have this EHP by popular demand, if you start asking to nerf the damage of every little thing that is strong then we will go back to how it was before 18.2 but with smaller numbers. Though I have to give it that the range of EHP of all frames will be more normalized (which I still don't like, and I was a Loki user).

Jat Kittag is good against players that remain grounded for too long, and is a bet that the player must make when doing it against people who have good mobility skills.

Currently with the high mobility meta Jak Kittag will seem to be broken if you spend most of the your time on the ground and will seem like something of past if you know how to remain constantly airborn and in moving.

It's damage wasn't nerfed or buffed after 18.2, like many things the nerf on EHP made the weapons that had good damage before even better now, since it takes less shots to kill a player (8 shots total from a Dera Vandal on a Loki vs. the 10 shots that it used to take and 9 shots on a Frost vs. the 17 shots that it used to take.)

So expect everything that used to be the must have weapons to be even stronger now, we got to have this EHP by popular demand, if you start asking to nerf the damage of every little thing that is strong then we will go back to how it was before 18.2 but with smaller numbers. Though I have to give it that the range of EHP of all frames will be more normalized (which I still don't like, and I was a Loki user).

You see that's not true at all. It is absolutely possible to be taken out of the air by the jat kittag. It is also impossible to roll or evade it, once it's started. This isn't a little thing. It's a big thing. There are numerous complaints about how ridiculously over powered it is. Every jat kittag user tries to justify this weapon, but there is no justifiable reason for this weapon to be that powerful. 

Edited by -FV-HoloTheWiseWolf

You see that's not true at all. It is absolutely possible to be taken out of the air by the jat kittag. It is also impossible to roll or evade it, once it's started. This isn't a little thing. It's a big thing. There are numerous complaints about how ridiculously over powered it is. Every jat kittag user tries to justify this weapon, but there is no justifiable reason for this weapon to be that powerful. 

its not ridiculously overpowered. It might be just a little overpowered compared to other weapons that do similar things. Only time it causes problems for me is when i play melee myself other than that it is rather easy to avoid

Nikana isn't much better. Now that Jat Kittag isn't as noob friendly, time to roll over to Nikana.

Slash>Slash>Pause>Kill

Repeat to infinity.