The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Primarily Regarding Rakta Ballistica) Is Bore Worth Keeping Over An Elemental/bane?

Eldnacpeek

Question

Debating whether or not I actually need it. I use the Rakta Ballistica much, and I'm not entirely sure Bore is doing anything that an elemental (or possibly bane) can't do.

Yes, the weapon reaches 5k Puncture with it on (and 2k without, and that is a significant difference by written numbers), but is that even doing anything notable?

Should I keep it on, or get the rightful Plat out of it?

Edited by LazerSkink

8 answers to this question

for Grineer, i would very much consider using a 120% Puncture Mod.

Radiation + Puncture on heavily Puncture Weighted Weapons performs better than Radiation + Toxin.

in general however, not necessarily.

you need to break out the calculator for every situation so you can decide for yourself.

If my computations are correct, Bore should offer a bit more edge vs an Expel mod.

I won't really overthink about it personally since the difference isn't that much.

I mean like, you can always put that Primed Heated charge to close the deal.

Not sure how accurate http://warframe-builder.com/ is but the numbers shouldn't be that far.

I suggest you check on it and compare.

Edited by Oranji

It's hard to say without knowing the weapon. That's kind of something you have to calculate per basis. I tend to go full Corrosive/Radiation given the way armor scaling works and their innate capability of ignoring a large percentage of that (it's around 70%, I forget the exact amount). 

If  you can use Radiation and Viral versus grineer do it, but depending on what enemies you hate the most either use Radiation or Corrosive. A good all rounder would be viral for the grineer if you only have enough for 1 elemental combo. I don't suggest using physical damage mods due to thier lack of useful status effects.

Edited by (PS4)Pinguin_ops

If  you can use Radiation and Viral versus grineer do it, but depending on what enemies you hate the most either use Radiation or Corrosive. A good all rounder would be viral for the grineer if you only have enough for 1 elemental combo. I don't suggest using physical damage mods due to thier lack of useful status effects.

uhhh Puncture proc reduces enemy armor? I'd call that anything BUT useless since you don't always have the luxury of running with a full CP squad. For my Veil Rakta without full CP I run Corro + Bore for that extra armor reduction. That being said tho it is true that most event mods are useless, but in this case Puncture is actually good

Radiation + Bore is what I use on my Ballistica also, it's one of the few weapons which pulls this off. Perfect for Grineer / Void as it lets you deal with Bombards and Gunners easily along with still being a useful weapon for popping nullifier bubbles.