Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: How About Caster Weapons?

Inmemoratus

Hmm. Admittedly my first thought would perhaps being something Sentient derived? They've got that whole energy core going on for their bodies and War/Broken War at least.

Past that...right designs, could in theory be interesting? Phantasy Star had Rods and Staves after all, which is basically 'execute program making Photons do things' if memory serves...No, triggering latent psychic abilities, that was it.

Of course, I confess, I would just run happily along trying to set up a kind of Shamanic style loadout if it happened. Or at least proxy summoner look...but that could be pushing it.

I suggested something simmilar, except instead of being melee, it'd be an unusable primary weapon. I meant it to be balanced: Give up massive DPS primary for CC ability spam.

I really love using warframe abilities, but the only frames that have reliable energy (Trinity and Limbo) have terriblely un-fun ones.

thus, I support your idea, if only to encourage DE to focus on casters.

oh and:

More sources of energy = less need for trinity.

1:needing any specific frame because it's necessary to use abilities is bad idea.

2: trinity also specializes in Healing and Team Damage reduction, up to 99%.

3: You are completely right. after all, squads that are swimming in Team Energy Restores almost never NEED a trinity. they just really like one.

I suggested something simmilar, except instead of being melee, it'd be an unusable primary weapon. I meant it to be balanced: Give up massive DPS primary for CC ability spam.

Earlier in the thread I suggested 3 weapons, primary, secondary, and melee. I plan to suggest at least 3 per faction.