Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Else Tried To Play Fallout 4 On A Potato?

JefPlays

I've tried making it run on my S#&$ty Intel HD 4k laptop and, while I eventually got it to start, even with some pretty aggressive ini tweaking my framerate's still in single digits while outdoors.

I'm stuck with this machine for the foreseeable future, and I'd really like to make this work. Anyone else been in a similar situation that might have some ideas?

It doesn't matter. i5-4690K 4.50Ghz, 16GB SD-DDR3 RAM, ASUS ROG MATRIX AMD Radeon R9 290X 4G / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 980 TI 6G, and guess what? Both setups (same core and RAM, bit different GPUs) and yet no freaking 60+ FPS while roaming and loitering around diamond city.

That game is as bad ported as Just "Crash" 3. And yea, getting random crashes at Sanctuary, since the last official patch of Bethesda, lol!

That game is as bad ported as Just "Crash" 3. And yea, getting random crashes at Sanctuary, since the last official patch of Bethesda, lol!

Ahhh don't remind me. £40 on a game that doesn't even work on the lowest settings, yet I can play Warframe with maxed settings no problem.

Gaming optimisation has really gone down the toilet these past couple of years.

Ahhh don't remind me. £40 on a game that doesn't even work on the lowest settings, yet I can play Warframe with maxed settings no problem.

Gaming optimisation has really gone down the toilet these past couple of years.

we're going on 20 years of crap game optimization. a "couple" of decades.

the introduction of directx has made development much faster and easier, but... nobody gives a damn about optimization when you can just throw more and more hardware horsepower at it.

compounded by absurd amounts of abstraction that exist inherently in windows by design.

edit:

consolitis exacerbates and highlights these issues.

Edited by xethier