The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cannot Perform Charged Attack Without Removing Stance Mod?

(PSN)Deepee__S

Question

6 answers to this question

Yes, all are maxed rank.

It seems to me that the charged attack was always programmed to work from the start but just needed switching on by DE. What I assume is the stance mods were added as an after thought not considering the innate charged attack that some weapons already had.

Do you see where I'm coming from?

For experiment please everyone who is interested remove your stance mod and you will see every weapon has a charged attack.

Its the fact you have to remove it for it to work on some weapons that I'm complaining about.

Edited by (PS4)Techmagi

Stances which have a combo which has a hold-attack in the first few hits are completely broken with charge attacks. I assume that the sword+shield Stance you are currently using has one.

^

Just checked, this is definitely the case for Silva and Aegis - attempting to perform Bide and Bleed (hold combo, Eleventh Storm) does the stanceless charge attack for me every time, while with the stance equipped, the charge sound doesn't occur, but it does a different attack.  Can't speak to Final Harbinger.  Hammers... yeah, weird, no hold combo on Storm or Ruin, no charge attack, but no stance mod and there it is.

You see a stance mod that comes with the hold button combo is fine. However, some stances don't have one.

The only way to use it on any weapon is to remove the stance mod altogether.

Actually I've found 2 or possibly 4 charged attacks on all melee weapons when you remove the stance mod completely. From your description could you type all the combos here?

When channeling or not channel blocking:

Melee, melee, melee, hold = 1 charged attack

hold or melee, hold = 2nd charged attack

hold, jump, forward = 3rd

Melee, melee, melee, hold, jump = 4th charged attack

Edited by (PS4)Techmagi