Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Gravity Based. Community Input Wanted!

(PSN)Palma_Tree

Here is a concept I have thought of for a while now. If anything is unclear, misspelled, or awkward to read, please tell me. Read carefully or you may not understand.

A Gravity based Warframe. Kinda just what to see if this goes anywhere. Any suggestion will be considered, let’s build this frame to be a respectable idea. Also, let’s try to keep this as unique as possible, as some Warframe have abilities that could be considered gravity.

He/She will be referred to as [Gravity] until a name is made up. I have a few, but I want your ideas.

I do not have any concept art. I will try to draw something, but it will be crude and not very detailed. If anyone has a concept that can fit, tell me so. I’ll credit you 100%, unless you’re not the artist.

Though, I do want [Gravity] to have some spinning orb, above his/her head, or maybe in his/her chest.

Stats (Lvl 30) - [Gravity]

Shield - 250
Health - 250
Armor - 100
Power - 250
Spring Speed - 1.00
Passive - ?????

Warframe Codex - Soon TM

Abilities (Names are not official, suggestion will be considered and appreciated)
1st

Lift

[Gravity] will temporarily reverse gravity on the targeted enemy, pushing the enemy and those surrounding it, upward with immense force. All enemies will fly upward a set amount of distance, before falling and taking a set amount of damage, plus will be rag-dolled and have to stand back up. If an enemy hits something on its upward flight BEFORE the set upward distance is finished, it will take the damage it was suppose to on landing.

Damage 50/100/150/200
Area of Effect 2/4/6/8 meters
Upward Distance 3/6/9/12 meters.

2nd

Orbit

This has to do with the Orb that I want above [Gravity]’s head, or the Orb could be in his/her chest.

[Gravity] will increase the gravitational pull on his Orb and begin to rotate it at high speeds. This will last for a set duration. The gravity and spinning will have chance to absorb projectiles and put them in 'Orbit' around [Gravity]. Hit-scan weapons and the like are unaffected. Melee enemies are not effected in any way, this will create a extra layer of protection against melee and other weapons the ability cannot absorb. If the ‘barrier’ takes damage it will lose some of the projectiles in it, albeit slowly. (Not all projectiles have to be displayed on-screen. It should just show a few, enough to make it seem like it is taking in more projectiles. This should save frames per second, and screen space.)

Duration 9/18/27/36
Chance to Absorb Projectile 20%/30%/40%/50%
Defense per projectile .5%/1%/1.5%/2%

3rd

Outward Force

[Gravity] will split his Orb into equal pieces for him/her and his/her squad. The extra piece will fly off and take their place above all squadmates’ Warframe’s heads. The Orbs will pulse immense gravitational force every few seconds, this pulse will be transparent but visible. Each pulse will have a percent chance to repel projectiles/stagger enemies within a certain distance of the Warframe the orb is above.

Duration 10/20/30/40
Orb will pulse every 4/3/2/1 seconds
Chance to repel projectiles 60%/70%/80%/90%
Chance to stagger enemies 20%/30%/40%/50%
Effective Pulse area 2/3/4/5 meters

4th

Connected Gravity

[Gravity]’s Orb will glow brightly as [Gravity] casts this ability. Once the casting is done, the Orb will give one final flash that will effect all enemies in the area, new enemies that enter the area will not be affected, and the ability will drain energy. Enemies that are affected will have a small orb above their head and will be have their gravity changed based on what [Gravity] does. [Gravity] jumps, enemies will fly upward until [Gravity] hits a solid surface. [Gravity] melee slams, enemies will be forced down. [Gravity] slides in a certain direction, enemies will fly that direction as well. Enemies will take damage for every surface they hit. Recasting it will give one final force on the enemy, opposite of the previous direction they went. They were flying left, recast, they will fly right. Enemies will not be pinned down, they can stand back up in [Gravity] does not change the direction in time. 

Area of Effect 10/15/20/25 meters
Drain per sec 10/9/8/7
Damage on surface impact ????? (Let's keep in mind that you can send them back into another surface, one after another. Thus, the damage potential is actually kinda high. So, I need help coming up with nice numbers.)

Or we can change the ability completely. 

Augments

None yet, give ideas!

Changelog

1/13/2016 - Posted first draft of Concept
- Fixed Errors

1/14/2016 - Removed 'Slam' since, after consider a suggestion by 45neo, 'Lift' makes 'Slam' obsolete. 

--What 'Slam' was

Slam

[Gravity] will temporarily increase gravity to immense levels on the first enemy in its line of sight, damaging it and any enemies in the surround area of the target. Guaranteed Impact Proc and knockdown. Though the knockdown will ONLY apply to the targeted enemy. But all enemies in the area will take the Impact Proc.

Damage 50/100/150/200. 
Area of Effect around target 2/4/6/8 meters.

- Redid, stats and mechanics on 2nd & 4th, 45neo had point on 4th being potentially a bit OP. 

-Fixed more errors

Edited by (PS4)Palma_Tree

1st power could just be lift personally since there is no reason to use slam over lift as lift is guaranteed cc + just as much damage on multiple targets plus let's keep Ivara more unique.

2nd remove damage multiplier otherwise it becomes an op version of Nyx absorb and perhaps make the defense bonus you gain from instead a health bonus like iron skin that lasts past the abilities timer running out. That with an added % chance of absorbing projectiles for the duration of the ability and it'll make a pretty balanced survival ability with some optional damage.

3rd seems legit

4th reduce damage significantly and make it affect new enemies coming into radius and it'll make nice cc cause otherwise people gonna be spamming ground slam to perm stun lock enemies and deal massive damage. if you remove the ability to deal massive damage. oh and with making enemies that enter the radius be affected bu the move I think enemies that leave the radius should no longer be affected by the move.