The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Lower Fps Than Usual Starting In 18.3 And Performance Loss In General

p3z1

Alright, with the new changes to sorties (reducing waves needed in favor of more and tougher enemies), my game started to go low on the FPS department post-sortie mission (was first with defense), from 30-50 to 12-30, where max FPS in the range is achieved by having no living enemies and the lowest with high enemy count.

Now with 18.3.1, not only do specific sorties kill my FPS, but ALL sortie missions seem to kill them. The effect is kept upon playing other missions.

Another thing with 18.3.1, my PC normally loads WARFRAME completely in ~25 seconds or less, depending if it is the first startup or if my PC is fresh from starting up itself. Now in its current state, it takes me ~15 seconds to get to the loading screen, a pretty big performance loss IMO. Also the launcher seems to contribute to more performance loss when it is running.

Specs:

- i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60 GHz

- 4gb of ram

- Windows 7 x64 ultimate

- NVidia GEForce GT 730M (used when playing WARFRAME)

- Intel HD Graphics 4000

Edited by p3z1

I've been having performance issues since 18.3 as well. My load times are longer and my framerate is lower on average while also having some heavier dips, especially on the Phobos, Venus, Void, and Europa tilesets. 

My specs (it's a laptop):

-i5-2520M @ 2.6 GHz

-4GB DDR3 RAM @1333 MHz

-Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

-Intel HD 3000 onboard graphics chip with 1.5 GB of dedicated VRAM as well as access to any unused RAM for additional processes. DirectX 11 compatible (though I have DX11 turned off for Warframe since it caused some issues with load times). 

-320 GB SATA HDD @ 7200 RPM

Compare that to the absolute minimum specs:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo e6400 or AMD Athlon x64 4000+ (~2.2Ghz dual core CPU)

Memory: 2 GB RAM

Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT or ATI Radeon HD 3600 

DirectX: 9.0c

Hard Drive: 10 GB available space

Something is clearly wrong here. DE patches a bunch of memory leaks and suddenly the game runs worse? Dafuq?

Another thing with 18.3.1, my PC normally loads WARFRAME completely in ~25 seconds or less, depending if it is the first startup or if my PC is fresh from starting up itself. Now in its current state, it takes me ~15 seconds to get to the loading screen, a pretty big performance loss IMO. Also the launcher seems to contribute to more performance loss when it is running.

I've been having performance issues since 18.3 as well. My load times are longer and my framerate is lower on average while also having some heavier dips, especially on the Phobos, Venus, Void, and Europa tilesets.

The fact that on top of your performance issues you are also experiencing longer load times is definitely alarming. Have you tried clicking "Optimize" and "Verify" in the Warframe launcher's settings? This should at least rule out anything strange having happened during the patching process.

If this does not result in any improvement then could you please submit a support ticket with a copy of your EE.log so we can take a look at it?

Info on how to find your EE.log can be found here.

http://support.warframe.com for submitting tickets.

Thanks!

The fact that on top of your performance issues you are also experiencing longer load times is definitely alarming. Have you tried clicking "Optimize" and "Verify" in the Warframe launcher's settings? This should at least rule out anything strange having happened during the patching process.

If this does not result in any improvement then could you please submit a support ticket with a copy of your EE.log so we can take a look at it?

Info on how to find your EE.log can be found here.

http://support.warframe.com for submitting tickets.

Thanks!

Well, the verify/optimize helped on the loading times.

Can't say about the former issue though, since there wasn't a defense mission (which was the cause of massive frame drops), so no EE.logs for now.

I have slowly noticed a decrease in performance as well. Luckily I was already well above the FPS that my screen can handle (running a 144hz monitor... I really need to turn on VSYNC), so I am personally fine, but others may notice this more than I have. Not a huge issue, but DE may need to shift a few people into optimization for a while instead of pumping out so much content. Don't get me wrong, I like content, but we can go a few extra weeks without if it means better performance.

I've noticed a performance drop for me as well recently. I didn't key into it until I read this post, on top of those planets mentioned originally I have a big drop in my Liset anytime I am not directly interacting with anything. Happens all over the ship, I might be making it worse for myself with my winter decorations... but I love them.

Currently attempting to Verify and Optimize the cache and see what happens.

Edit:

After Verifying and Optimizing my performance has increased slightly. Still not great, but noticeably better.
Also should have mentioned that not too long ago I wasn't having any issues at all unless heavily swarmed, even then it was a small drop in performance.

Edit 2:

Unsure of why but here we go.

My specs:

• Intel i5-2500k @ 3.3GHz
  • 16G RAM
  • GeForce GTX 750 Ti
  • Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit

I was experiencing similar problems to the OP, I have solved my issue. My steps from my post to now:

• Verify & Optimize Download Cache
  • Switched from DX10 to DX11
  • Loaded into game: Still only minor benefit to framerate
  • Set Display settings to Default. Instant benefit, near perfect.
  • Set settings back to full, still fixed.

I am not entirely sure why but resetting to default fixed it even if I changed my settings back to maximum afterwards. Unsure if this will help you OP but its worth a try!

Edited by Klizard

Also been having performance issues since the last update. I'm dropping 15-20 frames on seemingly random missions and I've noticed longer load times. I know it's not a hardware issue, not having this problem with even more graphically intensive games. Changing settings doesn't seem to help, tried turning on and off every setting in the game.

I am having this issue. I was playing on max settings previously on like 50-70 fps now I am getting around 25-30 and it does not matter if I choose max settings or the minimum ones(well it does a make like a 10fps difference after I tried it another time). I also have tried to "optimize" and "verify" but only thing that did was make the load times a little shorter.

Edited by Akiwazaki

After some experimentation I've noticed my problem tends to lie with Vertical sync. With Vsync off my game gets real choppy and it is almost unbearable on some maps. Though with Vsync on I get a different kind of chop where it feels like the whole game skips a few frames in between the ones I see but my actual "Framerate" doesn't take any damage so seems smooth, which is a lot more bearable it just tends to hurt my eyes as I have to focus harder to understand what it is I am seeing.

I also play on Borderless mode if that helps anything.

Edited by Klizard