The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's The Lowest Leve Excavation To Solo For Gold Cores?

(XBOX)GetDELETED1681

Question

14 answers to this question

With a quick x5 payout or t3 keys?

I can manage triton, but sometimes just too overwhelmed.

I think you may be doing Triton wrong if you're feeling overwhelmed.

There's a higher chance for R5's to drop on "A" rotation, so only do the first 2 Extractors and then Extract. Rinse and repeat.

Many people don't know this, but once you supply your 2nd Extractor with as much power as it needs to finish, you CAN leave it and the Corpus will stop attacking it. If, however, you linger around the next room or so, the Corpus will continue to attack it - so you HAVE to head to Extraction as quickly as possible. My Warframe of choice to achieve this is Volt.

A couple of days ago, someone asked me for a Volt build and since I was short on Fusion Cores, I thought I'd make him a video and kill 2 birds with one stone. I have run this same recipe for the last week, 30 minutes in the morning and maybe an hour in the evening, and have gone from 189 cores (count on Sunday, Jan. 9th) to 408 cores as of this morning (Friday, Jan. 15th). Keep in mind that sometimes, you'll get 2 extractors giving you 2 credit caches....other times, you'll just get 1 R5 drop...and there are those times when you CAN get 10 cores in 1 4-minute run. Just keep with it - they WILL drop.

Good luck.

*vid: 

Triton is the lowest-level node with rare Fusion Cores.

I prefer running 6 excavators, then extracting, which gives you 4 rotation A rewards (which is where the Fusion Cores are) and one each of rotation B and C rewards (for a Void Key). Running 6 extractors generally also puts you only a tile or two away from extraction unless you get unlucky.

Another way to farm dem cores will be in high level Spy missions like Oceanum in Pluto.

Grab speedy frames like volt or loki and just zip your way through the vaults, though some memorizing will be required for the shortcuts before it comes nautrally.

I prefer Loki P with all the speed mods possible which gives me like 1.96 sprint speed :D.

However, RNG will be your enemy if you are looking for ONLY the cores given the large reward table of Spy missions.

You can get Ivara at the same time too, so I don't see anything wrong with it.

I know this ain't answering your question, but hope this helps still.

Edited by RandOm3