The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Prime Vs Rhino Prime Vs Volt Prime

SatelliteStrike

Question

Basically without including starter excalibur, these 3 are my only frames. But only have 1 orokin reactor. Who to give it too first? Ash is very fun, but when I wanna do an endgame mission, not many people invite you. Rhino is fun with iron skin and has more utility, but I don't get the same kick out of him. Volt is fun as well. If you go for speed he is really nice melee everything and shields are good in defense (not as good as frost, but it can come in handy). What do you guys think. I wanna hear your opinions on who to "potato" first since for now I only have one. Think of this question like: Who do I pick as my main out of these?

24 answers to this question

As you have mentioned in your post OP, I guess you often go endgame mission.

That being said, Rhino P will be the most prefered among the three choices now.

After his rework, he can offer great support to the team (roar & stomp), as well as having great survivability himself.

Ash P is also good, but currently limited to his 4th only if going into higher level missions.

Volt P's speed is also good, but I only use him to fast-run capture missions, I'd say potato him later.

As you have mentioned in your post OP, I guess you often go endgame mission.

That being said, Rhino P will be the most prefered among the three choices now.

After his rework, he can offer great support to the team (roar & stomp), as well as having great survivability himself.

Ash P is also good, but currently limited to his 4th only if going into higher level missions.

Volt P's speed is also good, but I only use him to fast-run capture missions, I'd say potato him later.

Oh yes, Rhino is my favorite frame, so I'm biased towards him. With enough range, his stomp will immobilize the whole room - a great cc skill. So I would also say to potato him first.

Okay let's see what each can do.
Ash - Kill stuff, surely unlike any other, but he can't support your squad unless he has some augument mods which nobody uses.
Rhino - Best one of your list he can CC, buff the squad's damage and revive safely with iron skin.
Volt - Good for speed runs(cap/ext), weaker CC than Rhino and shield that provides some damage, but still weaker than Rhino's.

I'd say potato Rhino he's not that bad.

With regards to "endgame", it has many things revolving around it such as Sorties, T4 void missions and high level missions in general.

If you are wondering about what to bring about these missions, I would say Rhino P first with power strength and armor in mind to got with Iron Skin. Tanking up all the damage and then doing some lazy shooting.

However, you seem like you gonna potato all of them soon enough, so I'm gonna advise you to mod your Ash P for power strength and efficiency to spam that Blade Storm and some teles for dem high priority enemies. He's the anti-armor (Grineer and other exceptions) frame aside from Hydroid and puncture stuff.

Volt P is more of a anti-Corpus, power strength and duration for Speed, 'nuff said :D. Bring some impact weapons along too.

This is an easy one, potato the one you have the most fun with it, you can find use for each of these warframes in every mission, ones are more useful than others to certain missions, but it won't matter because you will potato all of them eventually. People often forget that you play games mostly for fun, when the time comes to raid or do endurance runs, you will have more frames don't worry that much about it dude.

If you're going for endgame content, I'd say Ash. Invis will save your life a ton, bladestorm ignores armor, teleport procs finisher attacks (run covert lethality. GG), Shuriken can reduce armor (with augment) and deal a ton of damage.

Rhino is a CC or solo frame. For endgame his Iron Skin gets eat like breakfast and becomes a walking roar/stomp with no iron skin. But for those pesky sentiments on the moon, rhino is your best friend

Edited by (PS4)AirJordan73

So far the war is between rhino and ash it seems. Hmm. Gonna wait just a bit more before I cast my verdict

Goes to show you volt is best:P

Rhino is a tank with damage and cc

Ash is damage dealing minor stealth

Volt is a tactical ability user who can support a team well and fits the melee roll very nicely

Rhino would be most standard of the three with strong kit not needing augments to work, Self sustain in iron skin decent CC and damage in Charge and Stomp and strong damage buff in roar, His augments don't bring much more to him.

Ash would be mos damaging with bladestorm ignoring armor and slash proc going straight to HP on corpus along with stealth and minor stun on Smoke Screen and teleport to enable melee finishers with potential armor remove utility on shuriken augment.

Volt would bring Tactical Breathing room with shields, faster melee and movement with speed along with Small CC and okayish damage on Shock and Overload along with potential to Buff with shock augment.

Personal vote would be Volt for his utility against projectiles in shields and allowing to speed thru missions faster with potential of strong buffing frame in Shock Troopper Augment.

Go for volt. I had this same issue starting out and I ended up selling my rhino for volt. No regrets either. Ash is good for killing and with his smoke shadow mod he can make his squad invis which comes in handy for long survivals. Rhino can buff and now cc pretty decently so he's got that. I still wouldn't use him as a tank cause chroma poops on him. Volt can provide an invunerable shield,small radius stun,large radius stun, and with his speed augment stun enemies that get too close while giving everyone evasive maneuvering. Plus he has a high health and shields to insure his survivabilty. So I say go volt. These days I don't see too many players looking for specific frames for missions.

Go for volt. I had this same issue starting out and I ended up selling my rhino for volt. No regrets either. Ash is good for killing and with his smoke shadow mod he can make his squad invis which comes in handy for long survivals. Rhino can buff and now cc pretty decently so he's got that. I still wouldn't use him as a tank cause chroma poops on him. Volt can provide an invunerable shield,small radius stun,large radius stun, and with his speed augment stun enemies that get too close while giving everyone evasive maneuvering. Plus he has a high health and shields to insure his survivabilty. So I say go volt. These days I don't see too many players looking for specific frames for missions.

as my clan's Resident Volt Prime user, this post here took the words right out of my mouth. ;)