The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amprex; Building Tips And Ideas

Aurene

Question

'sup guys, i have some leftover forma and a catalyst and i'm interested in building the Amprex for fun and viable use

so let's get to the topic, how do you effectively build the Amprex? i tried to gather some information regarding it's use and i get some mixed signals like using 2 mixed elements (like corrosive blast or viral radiation) but some suggest that using shred + sinister reach is better for crowd clearing

what do you think? i would love to hear about people's experience regarding their use on Amprex and hope that i would reach a definitive conclusion later

thank you very much

9 answers to this question

Another vote for sinister reach, I believe that it affects distance of chain hits not only primary range. If that is true, then it's a must have mod.

I've used full damage build without one and then with SR and damage diference was very noticable.

One more thing 3/5 point strike, not sure going to red crits is worth it, not unless you invest few more formas. 

Interesting that nobody mentioned combustion beam, 600 damage on each kill as AoE is nothing to be coughed at. Any experiences?

Also, I've invested one forma to this weapon, although it's fun to use on starchart, clear groups quickly, I'm not entirely convinced on it's endgame viability, as many other cool weapons (quanta, glaxion ... few more) I find their damage to be too mediokrish to justify heavy formaing. Or I'm wrong ...?

Edited by ThorienKELL

If you are like me and are very lazy I would even go as far as to throw on a prime rifle ammo mutation. Other wise normal stuff like serration, heavy cal, split chamber, point strike, vital sense. And a elemtal combo for whatever faction you plan on facing. It's a fun weapon to use.

Skeleton:

Heavy Cal

Serration

Split Chamber

Point Strike

Vital Sense

Ammo Efficiency(pick one):

Sinister Reach (my choice)

Ammo mutation

Status and damage:

Viral and Electricity using dual stat mods

Can also do pure corrosive or pure radiation

Puts you at 44% status with viral and electricity, and even though it's status per second, it's hitting so many things at once you'll get really good procs.  Trigger discipline's a must - anything below level 50 or so, just tap the trigger and everything dies, continuing to fire until they drop just wastes ammo.  A Vaykor Marelok makes for a pretty good addition too - you shouldn't need ammo restores unless you're going past level 100, but you might want to have them just in case you can't afford to swap over to the Marelok for a minute or so.

*snip*

Combustion beam:  Find a buddy, have him bring Nova, bring your Mirage and an Amprex with Combustion Beam to anything below 40 minutes into T3, and it's just so so much fun.  Explosions everywhere.  Otherwise, kinda meh, especially with how hard the Amprex is to mod, there's not really any room for a fun screw around mod on there in a serious build.

Ehn, it'll work, but it's ammo efficiency can be kinda troublesome depending on your playstyle.  Buddy was absolutely addicted to his until I handed him a Synoid Simulor.  Amprex is still his favorite gun because chain lightning thrower, but the Simulor immediately replaced Amprex in his "try hard pants" loadout.