The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Grineer Spy Vault Alarms Going Off Prematurely

TARINunit9

The situation: Grineer Spy, Sortie

The location: Antechamber to the vault. The vault hasn't actually been opened yet; Lotus is saying "Trigger the alarms now and the enemy will start destroying data."

The event: I fail the hack to open the door.

Sometimes nothing happens. But sometimes THIS SETS OFF THE ALARM AND DESTROYS THE DATA

In sortie missions, the Grineer hack consoles will zap you (for quite a bit of damage) and trigger the alarms if you miss 3 of the button presses. I.e. if you press 3 of those pieces back in, it will automatically zap you and trigger the alarms.

I believe this was done to make it harder because regular Grineer consoles give you infinite time and tries. I also heard that you can't use ciphers as well, but I never tried because I don't use ciphers in the game.

I think that's part of the difficulty escalation as the level goes up.

So you failed the start?

It will trigger the alarm, this is the same for regular missions.

In sortie missions, the Grineer hack consoles will zap you (for quite a bit of damage) and trigger the alarms if you miss 3 of the button presses. I.e. if you press 3 of those pieces back in, it will automatically zap you and trigger the alarms.

Not the Antechamber hack. This doesn't trigger the alarms in regular missions and it's not supposed to happen in Sorties either. The fact that it happens at random instead of every time I fail the antechamber hack is proof of that

And don't patronize me. I have done every single sortie since U18 launched; I know how Sortie hacking works

Edited by TARINunit9

Not the Antechamber hack. This doesn't trigger the alarms in regular missions and it's not supposed to happen in Sorties either. The fact that it happens at random instead of every time I fail the antechamber hack is proof of that

And don't patronize me. I have done every single sortie since U18 launched; I know how Sortie hacking works

I think you are wrong. On Tier 3 spy missions failed hacking on Antechamber always triggers alarm. Same goes with sorties which are High Tier Spy missions. Lower tier missions have easier mechanics.

Here is a 30 sec vid from normal Grineer spy mission (Ceres - Lex) where I press "esc" during the door hack just outside the data chamber. And this sets off the alarm and data destruction. And do notice, the door hack panel doesn't have a timer running.

Tier 3 spy mission failed data chamber hacking with the alert:

Qcs3nmB.gif

http://i.imgur.com/Qcs3nmB.gif

Full video:

Correct me if I'm wrong =^.^=

Edit: corrections and stuff

Edited by carnaga

I think you are wrong. On Tier 3 spy missions failed hacking on Antechamber always triggers alarm. Same goes with sorties which are High Tier Spy missions. Lower tier missions have easier mechanics.

-snip-

Assuming I believe that (and it's not like I don't; that's a lot of evidence), the bug report still needs to be filed, because most of the time when I fail an Antechamber hack it DOESN'T trip the alarms

Assuming I believe that (and it's not like I don't; that's a lot of evidence), the bug report still needs to be filed, because most of the time when I fail an Antechamber hack it DOESN'T trip the alarms

Maybe you shouldn't report the bug if it occasionally doesn't trigger the alarm -- making the missions much easier :D

In my gameplay (ivara farming and a-lot of spy missions from Tier 1 to 3 and sorties) failing with the hack on high tier missions always triggers the alarm. I would be happy if it wouldn't xD

Edited by carnaga